Any housewife wants the house to be cozy, comfortable and beautiful. And in the winter cold, it’s also warm when you sleep, watch TV, dream or just enjoy your vacation. This heat can be provided by batteries or heaters. And also a soft blanket or fluffy plaid.
Both types of home textiles have their indisputable advantages, so the question of what to buy - a blanket or a blanket, arises before the housewives quite often. Let's get it together.
Any plaid makes the atmosphere more comfortable.
REFERENCE! A blanket is a textile product consisting of woolen and half-woolen threads. Most often it is used as a cloak or blanket, less often as a blanket.
This product allows you to beautifully design a room and create a special atmosphere in it. For example, a fluffy fabric “casually” thrown onto a sofa or chair causes a persistent desire to throw it, even if the most severe colds have not yet arrived.
This soft little thing came to us from ancient Scotland. Here it was used as a cape in the cold. And also showed belonging to a particular clan.
REFERENCE! Traditionally, plaids were decorated with a cage. However, today these products have a wide variety of colors and patterns.
Fluffy bedspreads can be divided into three types depending on the material used:
Natural materials are represented by wool, fleece, silk, cotton, bamboo fiber. Synthetic materials include silicone, synthetic winterizer, polyester.
TIP! For cool days or summer nights, it is better to buy a cotton plaid. To create comfort in the cold season, wool is more suitable.
According to the method of manufacturing products are divided into four types:
Favorite many warm textile product has many advantages.
- It warms well, is soft and comfortable to use.
- Ease of care . Most blankets are machine washable and easy to dry at home.
- It perfectly decorates the room, complementing the textile products available in it.
- Practicality and durability . In the production of high-quality rugs, dyes are used that allow you to maintain bright colors for a long time. And the density of the material will provide the opportunity to use it for a long, long time.
- Mobility . It is convenient to use the blanket in the car or on a picnic in the forest. It is perfect for a tent, creating coziness around the evening fire.
- Compactness . When folded, it does not take up much space. In addition, it can be used instead of a pillow (if desired).
- The benefit . If the product is made of natural wool, then it easily massages the body. And lanolin, which is contained in each villus, will help improve the condition of the skin, warm muscles, relieve joint pain. Plaid also becomes an assistant in the fight against colds.
The product also has several disadvantages.
- Markiness . Since the plaid is not cleaned in a duvet cover, all kinds of spots become its faithful companions. Especially in the nursery.
- Dustiness . The villi collect and accumulate dust particles.
- Electrification . Most rugs accumulate static electricity and then pass it on to a person at the most inopportune moment.
It is hard to say when the first blanket appeared. Most likely, they became the skin of a wild beast, obtained in a difficult battle. A little later they began to be sewn from several skins, and even later - to weave or sew from rags.
REFERENCE! Blankets belong to bedding, often consist of a cover and filler. Their purpose is to warm during sleep.
Since its inception, they are more often used to create comfortable sleep conditions in the home. Wrapping them in front of the TV, sitting in an armchair, taking them into a car - they rarely use these bedding.
Taking into account the materials from which these textile products are made, blankets are divided into the same types as plaids. They are made from natural, mixed or fully artificial materials .
The advantages of products include such qualities.
- Good thermal conductivity, breathability and hygroscopicity . These qualities provide a healthy sleep.
- The softness of the blankets makes their use comfortable. A varied choice of filler allows you to choose the right balance of heat and weight. Someone will be delighted with a light, but not the most warm blanket. And someone will like a more significant, but much warmer accessory.
- Hygiene Most often, the blanket is hidden in a duvet cover, so it remains clean. And therefore it gets dusty much less. So it is unlikely that you need to wash the blanket under normal conditions.
- The color of the blanket, in principle, is not important for the interior . Rarely will anyone use this nightlife accessory to decorate a room. So a change of interior will not require a replacement of a textile product.
The disadvantages of the blanket include the following:
- rather complicated care (if necessary, you have to trust the dry cleaning);
- volume requiring sufficient storage space.
What to choose: a plaid or a blanket?
The answer to this question is quite difficult. Both objects are practical and comfortable, able to warm and add a touch of comfort.
IMPORTANT! The functionality of the plaid is slightly wider than that of the blanket. A blanket can easily replace a blanket or become its complement in the cold season.
It is convenient to wrap yourself in a plaid at any time. It can be easily transported to the desired location. But the blanket is more convenient for a comfortable night's rest and will retain its properties and cleanliness for a long time.
So the choice is more dependent on how you plan to use these things. If only for sleep, it is better to buy a blanket. If you plan to go to nature, wrap yourself in it during the day or create a comfortable room with it, then it is better to use a pretty blanket.
And the best option would be the acquisition of both things.