The originality of the model
Their advantage is in the freedom that trousers provide.
Knitted panties cost almost no accessories . There is no fastener on them. But to put on and take them off is easy, because they are put on an elastic band on a belt .
An important advantage of knitwear is that they can be sewn on their own . Moreover, this does not require extensive experience in needlework or professional skills.
We will talk about a simple method of constructing a pattern by which even a beginner needlewoman can sew trousers from knitwear.
What measurements are needed to build a pattern
The main thing to do before building a drawing is to take measurements.
Tip. In order to get the exact size and measure correctly, you will need an assistant.
In the process of making a new thing, you will need to remove several sizes.
- Volumes : waist (on the belt), hips (on convex points on the hips, abdomen and buttocks).
- Length : products on the side (from the waist to the foot), the inner part of the leg (from the inguinal zone to the foot).
If desired, you can additionally determine what width of the leg you want to get as a result. To do this, you can use the available pants and use them to determine what the line of the lower cut of each leg will be.
Building a pattern of knitted trousers with an elastic band
To independently make a pattern of sports women's trousers with an elastic band, the easiest way is to use a pattern-base for sewing classic trousers.
We will tell you how to use it to make the desired workpiece.
First of all, you need to print the base pattern of a suitable size. Now let’s model each part individually.
- On a pattern basis, add 2 cm for a loose fit. Additional centimeters are added, extending the line of the waist and hips .
- Connect the resulting points with a new side line . It should at the bottom of the leg match the existing trait. In the proposed pattern, the new line is marked in red.
- At the top cut, add 6 cm. They are needed on the belt (3 cm) and its hem (3 cm) .
Similarly simulate the back of the product.
The value of the increase along the lateral line (2 cm) and the belt (3 + 3 cm) is maintained.
If desired, you can cut additional details for the pocket. They are indicated on the pattern of the front.
For each pocket, 2 parts are needed: a burlap (green) and the same burlap, but with an additional barrel (blue).
Pattern is ready!
In this way, you can simulate a drawing of knitted trousers on an elastic band not only with the help of a base pattern. Instead, you can use suitable-sized ready-made trousers . Gently folding them, you can fix their outline on paper, and then use it for modeling.
Tips for sewing knitwear trousers
- Knitted fabric needs to be prepared for sewing . It is washed, dried and smoothed .
- So that paper blanks do not slip on the knit when cutting, they can first be fixed in several places with pins, and after that draw a outline around the chalk.
- Before you cut the details from the fabric, once again check whether its parameters correspond to your sizes (along the waist, hips).
- When cutting, be sure to add 1.5 - 2 cm to the seam allowance for the existing paper blank.
Important! After completing each machine seam, immediately process it to prevent shedding.
Having prepared a pattern in size, you can please yourself with beautiful trousers and become the owner of a unique thing made in a single copy.