Which bag can I sew with my own fabric?
Almost any model lends itself to restoration. Of the most popular, we distinguish the following:
Just bags from the most popular materials and can be sheathed. There are also wicker patterns. Usually they refer to exclusive products. Here wicker variations will be more difficult to succumb to this method of restoration. The main reason is disharmony in appearance. You can glue a piece of tissue to the damaged area, but it will not look harmonious. It is also worth noting that wicker products most often break or weave. And to close such a hole simply with soft material will not work.
Instructions how to sheathe a peeling bag with a cloth
Before work, a thorough preparation is necessary.
Important! The bag should be absolutely clean and dry.
Perform the following preparatory work:
- Wipe the surface thoroughly with a wet rag or wash the product completely.
- Dry the product.
- Remove pieces of leatherette that are already poorly held on the surface.
- Wipe the area with soft sandpaper.
The base is ready, now prepare the necessary materials and tools. For work you will need:
- a piece of fabric of the required length and width;
Next, get to work.
Do it yourself bag
Updating the product does not take much time.
Measure the corrected area and cut a piece of tissue of the required length, making 3 cm of allowances.
- Using scissors, push the edge of the selected material around the perimeter of the main product into the seams.
- Glue this place with glue.
- Then glue a small area of fabric with glue and glue it to the surface smoothing.
- So glue the entire area.
- On the opposite side, also stick the prepared material into the seams and glue this place.
Here is such a simple way to help you quickly update an old leatherette item.
Important! When threading the seams, be careful not to damage them.