Faux leather is a relatively new material that has managed to gain immense popularity in various areas of human life, from clothing to home furniture.
History of occurrence
Research continued until scientists from the United States and Japan presented to the whole world (in 1963 and 1964, respectively) a universal substitute for genuine leather - eco-leather.
After the start of the production process for its manufacture, the number of euthanized animals was significantly reduced. This step had a positive effect on the environment, since there was a lot of waste from the production of leather.
What does it consist of
The microporous film has excellent throughput qualities, so eco-leather products do not soar. Depending on its thickness, the operational characteristics of eco-leather and the scope of application are determined.
Advantages of this material are:
- Resistance to temperatures. The material calmly withstands various changes without losing its basic properties.
- Elasticity. It is easy to produce various goods from it.
- Hygroscopicity. Does not collect condensate on its surface.
- Appearance. The structure is completely reminiscent of genuine leather.
- Environmental friendliness and safety. Components do not cause allergies or other side effects, does not have third-party chemical odors.
Attention! Faux leather is afraid of mechanical damage. Such damage removes the top layer of polyurethane and exposes the base. In case of damage, the product will lose its appearance and properties.
Important! In order to distinguish genuine material from artificial, you need to try to heat it with your palms. The skin will quickly become warm in your hands, unlike eco-leather, which will have a colder temperature longer.
What quality depends on
- furniture manufacturing;
- car interior upholstery;
- bags, etc.
In order for the material to serve for a long time without loss of quality, it is necessary:
- Wipe the product continuously with a soft, damp cloth.
- Treat with water repellent.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Wipe the surface dry after each cleaning.
- If persistent stains or dirt appear, it is recommended to use special products for the care of eco-leather products.
Most people think that eco-leather is an unsafe material and therefore they are afraid to purchase goods made from it. It is worth familiarizing yourself with her characteristics in order to radically change her attitude towards her. Faux leather is beautiful, practical, stylish and comfortable.