The problem of keeping kitchen towels in proper condition is familiar to every housewife. It is impossible to make sure that they are always in pristine condition. However, with the help of our tips, you can bring the textiles in a clean and tidy state, even if several washes with the best powders and bleaches did not give the desired result. How to get a white towel from a gray cotton rag with spots using only vegetable oil and other home remedies, read more about this below.
Is it possible to do this?
Turning to grandmother's methods, which have been working for decades, we have found an effective way: wash towels with sunflower oil, washing powder and / or bleach. For many women who experienced it, this was a panacea, and now they actively recommend the tried and tested method to other housewives.
To use it you will not need expensive investments and fixtures. Everything is extremely simple: kitchen towels relieve pollution in a few hours using home remedies, a bucket or a large pan . Do not be afraid that fatty oil will only exacerbate the problem. It will soften the old dirt, which could not be removed by numerous washing with powder. It remains only to get rid of the soft crust on the surface of the towel by washing and rinsing it.
Ways to use oil
The oil will affect not only the problem area, but also the entire linen structure as a whole, saving it from invisible residues. This will make the surface of the towel clean and white.
Oil Wash Recipe
The considered method is very simple, but quite effective. It will require 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil and half a glass of any washing powder . The components are indicated for 5 l of water.
Step by step recipe:
in an enameled pan or bucket the required volume of water is brought to a boil;
- when boiling, remove it from the fire, pour in the powder, mix well until completely dissolved;
- then add oil to a slightly cooled solution (at least 90-80 degrees) and mix again;
- place dry, dirty towels in water. To do this, use a wooden or silicone spatula: you cannot immerse your hand in water of such high temperature ;
- to withstand the linen in the resulting solution for several hours, and if the procedure is carried out in the evening - until the morning;
- After the agreed time, rinse the kitchen textiles in high-temperature water to remove stains that have become soft, and then rinse thoroughly again in warm.
Whitening Method with Oil and Bleach
Turning to it, the following components should be taken for a 5-liter volume of water:
vegetable oil and dry bleach - two tablespoons each;
- washing powder - a glass or a quarter less.
All components are diluted in water similar to the above method. Dry kitchen linen is soaked for several hours, and then washed in a typewriter . It is not necessary to expose the towels to long-term washing; a half-hour regimen and rinsing with an additional cycle may well suffice. When using this recipe, towels are bleached even with stubborn stains.
Important! This method perfectly saves colored towels: the fabric becomes clean, and the oil does not allow the bleach to act aggressively against the printed pattern.
Bleach with oil and vinegar
If you want to put in order not only towels, but also tablecloths, and boiling is not your way, then we will remove the stains and refresh the textiles using the same components as in the previous recipes, adding vinegar.
For 5 l of water, the following ingredients will be required:
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar essence, bleach and sunflower oil;
- a quarter cup of washing powder.
For a large batch, it is better to take a 2-3-fold increase in the components of the solution, without forgetting to increase the volume of water . All manipulations are performed in the same way as in the above method, but the soaking time should be increased to half a day, and it is best not to touch it all night. After the time has passed, apply machine wash and be sure to rinse with an additional cycle.
Important! So refresh the table linen, this method is also good for bath towels.
How to bleach already washed towels with oil?
To prepare the washing composition you need to take a tablespoon of sunflower oil and bleach, add half a glass of washing powder, any, cheap, dissolve all the components in 5 liters of water. If it is more convenient to work with 10 liters - double the number of components.
What to look for? Advice
Be sure to first completely dissolve the powder, bleach in boiled water, and only then add sunflower oil. If this order is not followed, then the dissolution process will be slowed down by the resulting oily film on the surface of the solution. The effectiveness of the components will be reduced, and rinses will be needed more.
- When working with vinegar, avoid replacing bleach with soda . Soda extinguished with vinegar will lose its whitening qualities and greatly foam up the whole solution, which will increase in volume and will pour out of the pan.
- If the first time you did not achieve the desired effect, it is worth repeating the procedure. Heavily soiled kitchen and table linen, washed with the help of the above recipes, can acquire whiteness and freshness only after 2-3 treatments.
- Only dry towels should be treated . If wet textile is placed in the solution, then the moisture located between the fibers will not allow to effectively split the dirt. It will require secondary processing of dry tissue.
- For the prolonged action of the solution, it is recommended to soak the towels in a bucket or pan covered with a lid, and on top of it with a blanket or blanket.
- These methods can also be used for other types of textiles: they clean underwear and cotton and linen, as well as baby diapers, vests, romper suits and bonnets.
- You should not have high hopes for cleansing synthetic fabrics in this way. Vegetable oil works great as the basis of a solution for cleansing natural fibers; it may not work on an artificial canvas . Moreover, the temperature of the solution is initially very high, which is contraindicated in many synthetic components.