An aspiring craftswoman is able to master the manufacture of things so necessary in the household.
What you need for DIY
- a small amount of suitable tissue;
- sewing machine (you can handle it manually if it is absent - the sewing volume is small);
- threads, pins, scissors;
- if desired, decorative elements: ribbons, sewing, buttons, braid, etc.
A kitchen towel will have to take a lot on itself, the fabric will often be washed. Therefore, practicality is its necessary quality.
TIP! Colorful colors are ideal - inevitable spots will be less noticeable on them.
Best of all, with the main requirements - to absorb moisture well and dry quickly - cotton and waffle towels cope. The latter are also a variant of cotton fabric. But, thanks to the special processing, they are more hygroscopic: tiny squares do just fine with this. Flax and thin terry cloth are also possible .
IMPORTANT! Linen towels will get the necessary softness only after a few washings. Prior to this, they can take on the "ceremonial" function.
Sew a kitchen towel
- When cutting a product, it is necessary to determine the shape and size . The standard option is a 30x60 cm rectangle. If desired, you can make a towel of any shape: oval, round, trapezoidal (with holder).
TIP! Natural fabrics shrink, and it is better to wash the cut in hot water before cutting.
- Having determined the size, we add to allowances about a centimeter . Then carefully measure and cut along the contour .
- Now gently bend the edges : two half a centimeter, iron as follows. For fixing, you can use pins or sweep.
TIP ! On one of the edges came the edge? It is better to cut a small strip of fabric in this place so that all the bends have the same thickness.
- Having defined the edges, we sew with a regular seam.
A simple towel is ready. You can limit yourself to sewing on a loop (from the edge of the fabric, braid or tape), but it is better to turn on the imagination!
Decorate a towel
- An ordinary rectangular product can be made into a roll, which can be fixed with two buttons (preferably plastic). In this form, it is convenient to place it on various holders.
- Applications are an easy way to create a small homework. In addition to ready-made applications, drawings cut from pieces of fabric are suitable. Having processed along the contour with a zigzag, we attach them to the main fabric of the product.
- The towel used in the kitchen is an excellent field of experimentation for a novice embroiderer. Feel free to practice seams and patterns on it, gaining mastery!
- For processing the edges of the product, sewing, thread brushes are suitable. You can also practice crocheting the edges.