Recently, more and more girls have decided on this decisive step - to prepare independently the main outfit in life.
We will try to do it competently, quickly, at the lowest cost.
Assessing the pros and cons of your figure in the mirror
The main task of the bride at the wedding is to be beautiful! The slightest miscalculation in the image is able to knock the impressionable bride out of the saddle. So - we think over the outfit to the smallest detail.
Let's start by recognizing our shortcomings and identifying advantages.
Stand barefoot to a vertical surface, press against it with shoulder blades and heels:
- If you are comfortable in this position, then you have normal posture.
- If the back of the head is pressed hard, you have to bend your neck for this - it means you have a stooped figure.
- Provided that the shoulder blades do not “want” to touch the wall, we can talk about an inflexible figure.
- A circle. This type is also called an apple.
- Triangle (there are two types of them, depending on the position of the base of the triangle). The figure - a triangle with the base down is also called a pear.
- The rectangle .
Advice! Before sewing, be sure to visit several stores, try on dresses of various cuts, perhaps a style that you did not even think about will suit you. It will remain to bring it to life.
Wedding Dresses Models
Wedding dresses can be classified according to a variety of parameters. First of all, this is their length :
- Short ones are mini. Micro almost never occur.
- Mid-length dresses are midi. From the middle of the calves to the ankles.
- Maxi to the floor. The most common length of wedding dresses.
- Dresses with a gradient hem.
Ballroom . It means a tight-fitting bodice, a loose, often multi-layered skirt. Almost always there is one or more lower skirts, it is possible to use tansy.
Mermaid fish for a perfect figure
Princess / A-line. As a rule, without sleeves, the upper part is represented by a corsage, the panel of the skirt A is of a silhouette.
Color, materials and fittings
White is considered the traditional color for a wedding dress, but you should not drive yourself into tight frames.
Variations of white and beige color are suitable for brides:
- coffee with milk;
- the color of melted chocolate ice cream.
If any bright color unconditionally suits you, feel free to sew yourself a dress of that particular shade.
- natural, artificial silk;
- chiffon, georgette;
- lace, guipure;
- tulle, tulle;
- satin, satin;
- knitwear, supplex;
- cotton, linen in various proportions.
How to cut and sew wedding dresses?
A wedding dress pattern can actually be constructed independently. To do this, we need a pattern - the basis. By introducing changes in the length and width of the skirt, deepening the neckline and modeling various types of sleeves, we get a completely unique image.
We sew a simple wedding dress with our own hands
A short trapezoid dress made of sewing or lace is suitable for a young bride.
In combination with a short veil, or even a floral wreath instead, this outfit will look very fresh.
- Guipure, sewing, lace - in an amount equal to the length of your dress, with a width of 150 cm.
- Lining fabric, preferably crumpled and breathable.
- Buttons if you decide to use them as decoration.
- Ready slanting inlay.
We will need the following measurements:
- Waist circumference.
- Chest circumference.
- Hip girth.
- Dress length.
- Neck circumference.
- Chest height.
- Shelf - 1 part with a fold.
- Back - 2 parts.
Advice! If you will not use a ready-made oblique trim for processing the neck and armholes of the sleeves, then you need to make a trim pattern.
How to independently build a pattern of a similar dress using a base pattern:
We cut the base vertically along the tuck line.
- We place the details on the prepared fabric, taking into account the shared thread, and chalk it.
- We carry out the same operations with the product from the lining fabric, it will be sewn separately, only the shoulder seams, the neck and armhole will be sewn together.
- We cut out.
- We sew side seams.
- We sew the middle seam of the back, leaving 20-25 cm for the zipper.
- We chop off the details of the cover and the main product.
- Sew shoulder seams.
- Sew a zipper.
Important! Iron each seam through the iron, if this allows fabric to be made.
- We process the armholes and the neck with a slanting inlay.
- We hem the hem.
Advice! If desired, you can cut the sleeves according to the main pattern, since our actions did not affect the armhole and sleeve.
The second option for making a dress can be a set consisting of a removable corsage and a fluffy skirt. The connection line can be emphasized, or, conversely, hidden under a wide belt.
- Biflex, knitwear, any elastic fabric for a corsage of a suitable shade - the quantity with a fabric width of 150 cm is usually equal to the height of the corsage.
- Tulle, tulle or guipure for a skirt - about 4 lengths of a product on a two-layer skirt.
- Bra, body, cups for the chest or just bones - choose yourself what suits you best.
- Accessories by choice.
We model the corsage according to the pattern-basis.
The skirt is half-sun or the sun, in the latter case, the fabric consumption is doubled.
The pattern of the "solar" skirt is built according to this drawing:
- Your task is to choose which particular skirt you want, measure the half-waist, as well as the length of the skirt.
- We calculate the radius of the thallium circle; for this, we multiply the half-circumference of the waist by a coefficient, select it from the table above the figure.
- On a sheet of whatman paper or wallpaper, we construct a right angle, we measure our radius from the left corner.
- Draw a circle.
- We measure the required length of the skirt, draw a second circle.
- Correct the bottom.
- Pattern is ready.
- We cut out the details. Do not forget the seam allowances.
- Sweep the reliefs.
- Got it.
- We take out the seamy side of the cup or sew on a strapless bra. Try on.
- We process all slices with an oblique collar.
- We cut out a skirt (skirts). It is better to use tulle - it does not crease, does not crumble and can be cut in any direction.
- Sew the side seam / seams. We leave a little space for a zipper.
- Stitch the zipper.
- Sew on a belt.
- The bottom of the tulle skirt can not be processed.
- From the cut of silk, satin, organza we cut out a belt, 1.5-2.5 m long. We sew, twist through a small hole.
- We tie it with a beautiful bow on the back, straighten it.
An interesting option for a combined dress:
Dressing a wedding dress
This is just the case when it is difficult to overdo it with the finish:
- three-dimensional embroidery, including ribbons;
- beads, bugles, beads;
- artificial, natural pearls;
- rhinestones, brooches.
A wedding is one of the main days in a woman’s life, prepare for it in advance so that nothing darkens it, and your eyes shone with genuine happiness.