It’s difficult for a modern person to surprise anyone. And even a picture created using yarn. Who would have thought that a real work of art could be made from such materials. Today we will talk about how to make paintings from nails and yarn for knitting.
DIY thread and nails painting
A panel of yarn is a substrate made of dense material, on which nails are driven in in a certain arrangement, and a picture is created with the help of threads. In short, pins act as pegs for which threads are attached. Such work requires a lot of attention.
Pictures can be performed both independently and attracting children. There are many schemes with which you can create real compositions.
What technique should be used for painting from nails and yarn
The advantage is that everyone, and even a child, can do it. In this case, you do not need to have special artistic abilities, you just need to find a sketch on the Internet, or depict yourself on a sheet.
After the picture is selected, you need to think about the basis for the work. You can use a wooden saw cut. If this does not turn out, you can use a piece of plywood or chipboard, previously sanding it with sandpaper. If desired, varnish can be coated and dried. In addition, the canvas can be pulled onto the base.
Schemes and patterns
From yarn and nails you can weave any picture, the main thing is to choose a pattern and materials. You need to start work with something simple, so we suggest you make a heart.
List of required materials:
- dense foam;
- dense knitting threads;
- PVA glue;
- acrylic paints;
- adhesive tape;
- beads and rhinestones.
First you need to prepare all the materials, after which you can begin to do the work:
- We start by drawing an even heart on paper. After that we take a smooth sheet of polystyrene.
- We cover it with white paints.
- We wait until the foam dries, and place a sheet with a painted heart on it.
- We fasten the pins, along the contour of the heart, piercing through the foam.
- The distance from one to the other cloves should be in the order of 1-2 cm.
- After the template from the nails is attached, carefully remove the blank from the paper.
- Now you can proceed to the most important stage of work. A thread is fastened on one of the pins with a knot.
- After that, the threads are wound on nails in a chaotic manner.
Note! Threads must be distributed evenly over the entire surface.
The work can be left in this form, but can be decorated with various decorative elements - stones, rhinestones, beads, ribbons, sequins, lace.
Silhouette image of nails and yarn
No less interesting is the silhouette image of pins and threads when the background is filled, and the part in the middle remains empty.
For work you will need the same materials. A frame is necessarily created for such a picture, and the nails are located along the entire edge of the base, after which the nails are transferred to the image outline, as in the first workshop.
- The thread is fixed on one of the extreme nails and stretched to the pin from the image contour. The picture is original. You can make it even without a sketch.
- It is better to use a dark material for the warp and light yarn for work.
- The technique is that the yarn is fixed on a nail, stretched to the opposite side and returned. The wrapping process continues until the picture is completely filled with threads in an even amount. By analogy, you can create drawings with the 3D effect.
Master class: a picture of threads and nails in a modern style
Creating work from threads and nails in modern technology is a more difficult task, but the process of doing the work is in demand among needlewomen. It’s a bit more difficult to make such a job, but the manufacturing process is interesting and you can even attract children.
List of required materials:
- plywood 50 * 50 cm in size;
- white acrylic paint;
- image template;
- thin yarn for knitting;
- pencil and eraser.
- First you need to prepare the base, sand the surface and cover with white paint. After that, prepare a template.
- The template is attached to the board and hammered with nails where marked on the image.
IMPORTANT! Pins need to be hammered in such a way that the hats are on the same level.
- After this, it is necessary to remove the paper and all pieces of paper that remain between the nails. Starts with the letter "O".
- From the picture you count how much you need to wrap nails and do the work.
Note! The contours of the letters must be noted, otherwise the image will merge. In principle, the execution of the work is no different from previous master classes.
- After the letter “O” is completed, go to “K”. Similarly wrap the letter "K". Do not forget that the threads need to be wound around each clove. After that, you can begin to design the background. Everything is done by analogs, there is only one rule - do not step over the outline of letters.
No need to take contrasting colors, it is better to use close bloom, otherwise the picture will turn out too bright. Too much yarn does not need to be wound, it is better if a white background is visible. After completing the work, hang it and evaluate it from afar, so you can immediately notice minor flaws.
If you see gaps in the work, be sure to close them so that the work looks completed. Then make fasteners for the picture and you can hang it on the wall.
Even a child can make a picture of nails and threads with his own hands, the main thing is to choose an interesting sketch and stock up on necessary materials. Creative success!