It can be very difficult to find a beautiful and durable bag in a store. What to do, you ask? Need to sew it with your own hands!
Materials and tools for work
To sew a stylish bag, you will need the following materials and tools:
- furniture fabric;
- detachable lightning;
- adhesive fabric or backing lining;
- synthetic winterizer;
- a piece of fabric for lining (spanbond);
- ruler (centimeter);
- soap or a special marker for drawing on fabric;
- sewing machine.
Models and patterns of bags
At first glance, it might seem that stitching the bag yourself is very difficult or even impossible. In fact, the production of this accessory does not require special skills and high craftsmanship. The main thing in this work is to have a desire to achieve a result, as well as the preparation of the necessary materials.
Attention! Before you begin, consider what the accessory will be used for. And also decide what clothes you will wear with it. Then select the optimal color, size and shape of the product.
The manufacture of the product must begin with a pattern. Experienced craftswomen can independently make a pattern, and for beginners it is better to use ready-made ones. In our article, we propose to get acquainted with the most popular and interesting models of bags that you can do yourself.
It got its name because of the way it is worn and closed. The pattern of the product consists of the main part and the bottom. If desired, it can be sewn only from the main part.
The pattern of the product is simple, but some difficulties may arise during operation.
In order for the accessory to look neat and easy to close, you must carefully consider attaching the valve to the main part and inserting the button.
One of the most popular models in everyday life.
It is light and spacious. It’s very convenient to go to the store with her.
Step-by-step instructions for sewing bags
The rectangular shape of the accessory is one of the most popular. It can be used both for the holiday and for everyday life. A rectangular bag with a clasp will not allow the product to get wet and protect its contents. Making this model is not very simple, but the result is worth it.
We offer you to read step-by-step instructions.
- Modeling and cutting parts with an allowance of 5 mm.
- Bonding fabric with non-woven fabric followed by ironing the seams.
- Grinding lightning.
- Sizing the lining and modeling the inside pockets of the product. The width of the lining should be equal to the width of the outside. And the length of the material should be 1 cm longer than the height of the grind. It is necessary to increase the length of the material by 1 cm for each seam.
- Stitching the outer and inner parts with subsequent stitching of the side seams. To make the shape of the corners.
- Sewing in a snake. We mark the middle of the lightning and set aside three centimeters on each side. In the region of the edges we retreat two centimeters.
- Sewing pens and assembling all parts.
Please yourself with a new bag of furniture fabric with any level of sewing!