But today, this finishing technique remains quite relevant. Knitted lace along the edge of the canvas gives the product tenderness and beauty, and also adds a touch of sophistication and comfort to the interior.
How to pick thread and hook
To obtain a high-quality result of work, it is necessary to properly prepare for it. Preparation consists of the following steps.
- Choosing the right thread . They should not be too thick. It is advisable to choose an option with parameters of 500 m / 100 g.
- The acquisition of the instrument . To find a suitable number, fold the thread in half and compare the resulting volume with the hook head.
- Selection of a pattern .
With the help of such a decor, you can crochet two opposite edges of the product or circle in a circle . Curly or round products are fully tied.
Reference! For beginners, needlework is preferable to use parallel processing. It is easier to calculate and use.
Patterns suitable for border on a towel
For tying kitchen textiles, you can use the following knitted options.
- Fillet pattern. It is based on a knitted mesh, the filled or empty cells of which form a beautiful pattern.
- A simple drawing is performed by repeatedly repeating the same fragment.
- Motives that are knitted one after another in an uninterrupted manner.
How to make a border on a towel
- At the beginning of the work, you should mark the edges of the product. To do this, use the needle to sew stitches at an equal distance by any of the methods shown in the picture.
Reference! You can also make lace separately and then sew it to the edge of the little thing. In this case, you need to use a thread in the color of yarn.
- After sewing, knit according to the selected pattern, grabbing a thread of stitches and forming a pattern.
- Before starting the process, take a sample of the pattern and make calculations.