How would you like to keep pleasant sensations of the smell of freshness and purity for a long time after taking a fragrant bath. But it was not there. The pleasure of getting a magic hygiene procedure instantly disappears when we start to wipe ourselves with a towel. So what is the matter here, and how to eliminate this unpleasant phenomenon, read on.
Three main reasons why towels stink after washing
Where does this smell come from, which does not allow us to prolong the euphoria after a shower and causes negative emotions?
Improper washing, drying and lack of ironing, which contributes to the emergence of microbes and fungal spores in products made of linen and terry cloth. As a result, the fabric smells unpleasant.
How to cope with an unpleasant odor?
To return to its former freshness will help several ways.
So we advise you to return to this exceptional tool in order to bring the linen in proper form:
- first, find a large pot or galvanized tank (although this is now very rare, but suddenly somewhere on the mezzanine was lying around);
- fill two-thirds with cold water;
- add 100 g of soda, 50 ml of hydrogen peroxide 3%, 100 g of household soap 72%, grated on a coarse grater, and 50 ml of oxygen means to remove stains;
- mix everything well and fold the towels so that when boiling, the solution does not spill over the edge;
- cover and boil for an hour.
Then stretch in the car for the “boiling” function, additionally adding vinegar diluted in half with water to the air conditioning compartment. Your towels will become soft and volume, even stains will disappear.
Important! First check the linen for staining strength so that during boiling it does not lose color and does not stain other things.
Use alkali or chlorine
A very effective way with a lye that gives softness to textiles, like after an air conditioner. Again, returning to the methods of washing in the old days, then the usual ash from the furnace performed the bleaching and disinfecting properties. In addition to these qualities, it improves the structure of the fabric and retains color. At the same time, it is perfectly washed and rinsed, without leaving extraneous odors. The only drawback is the complexity of the preparation, when you have to fill it and insist for a long time. And not everyone has the opportunity to get ash.
The use of vinegar and soda
You can immediately send it to the typewriter without soaking, pouring a glass of vinegar before it and falling asleep the same amount of baking soda . Turn on the boil function without using detergents. At the time of maximum heating of the water, stop washing for 60 minutes, then add powder or gel. Rinse at the end of the procedure twice.
The difference in care between bath towels and kitchen towels
Cotton and linen kitchen towels require more frequent and thorough washing. There should always be two, one for hands and the second for dishes. If your family consists of three or more people, then you need to change them daily. Be sure to use ironing as hot as possible .
Bath towels are allowed to be washed 1-2 times a week. Some people prefer to use them once, subjecting them to more frequent washing.
And again we return to the topic of drying clothes. Here are some tips on how to do this:
try to dry wet things in well-ventilated places, preferably in the sun, as UV rays kill bacteria;
- if you do not have a balcony, dry with open windows in the summer and next to the battery in the winter;
- some housewives under a floor dryer lay out scented napkins or essential oils, which impregnate linen with their smell;
- Do not throw towels in a basket or cabinet when wet.
- After use, place them to dry on a heated towel rail or battery.
How to store towels so that they do not smell damp?
If you come across shelves with perforations, be sure to purchase them. Make small flavored sachets or buy ready-made ones with any herbs or oils you like. Place them between your underwear and enjoy the wonderful scents.