When did peignoirs appear?
Do not be surprised - the history of the peignoir dates back almost half a millennium! The most ancient peignoir was a women’s robe, which appeared in Venice in the 16th century, called “roquetti” . The velvet or brocade seductive gown worn by courtesans in the morning.
Japan's morning kimono has also become the prototype of modern oriental dresses.
Lace was an integral component of the historical peignoir, since only wealthy ladies could afford to wear it, and lace was always considered a sign of high prosperity.
Half a century ago, flannel models were relevant.
The basic requirement for the fabric remains unchanged - a woman feels comfortable in the clothes made of it: the fabric should breathe, be hypoallergenic and, preferably, hygroscopic.
The days of literally "cellophane" Chinese peignoirs are over! Low-quality fabric quickly rolls up, stretches, molts, and delivers other unpleasant surprises to its owner.
- crepe de chine;
- thin cotton knitwear.
Recently, more and more often, materials containing bamboo fiber have been used for sewing products.
The fabric should be pleasant to the touch, not electrified, fall beautiful folds. If lace - then without separate clinging threads.
Peignoir - the method of seduction
Lacy, as well as transparent outfits leave little room for the male imagination, make a man do what a woman needs.
Plain shiny, or on the contrary, matte models to the floor, can make a woman a queen . She will conduct herself accordingly!
A woman in a well-chosen underwear feels more confident.
Accessories and lingerie accents and add chic to the look.
Stockings, garters, sconces, bras, different models of panties allow you to embody any image.
Advice! Pay attention to ready-made sets of linen suitable for the peignoir.
How to choose a peignoir?
A woman in a peignoir should be beautiful - and she owes nothing to anyone else. We choose a model, wearing which you yourself will like in the mirror.
Advice! When choosing a model, you should not dwell on a product smaller than you wear. It will not give harmony and it will give you inconvenience.
- mini (end at the middle of the thigh);
- midi (ending near the knee);
- maxi (floor to floor).
Fasteners, as a rule, are absent, their role is played by belts at the waist or ties under the chest.
Important! Peignoir is not clothing for prying eyes, we choose it to your taste, as well as the one who will see you in it.
If we talk about the color scheme, then there are no special laws. The most popular colors are pastel. The undoubted favorites of the season are mint, soft pink, peach, creamy.
- Cage "chicken foot".
- Rhombuses from weaving threads with different flooring (shiny patterns on matte fabric).
- Large single flowers.
- Small floral "pastoral" ornament.
- Oriental motifs: the symbols "yin" and "yang", hieroglyphs, dragons, "cucumbers."
Advice! The best materials for peignoirs with oriental patterns are silk, silk satin.
Models can be classified by shape, style, length, as well as purpose:
- Tunics - worn over the head.
- Dressing gowns - vests and their various options.
Peignoirs for a dream
- Loose fit.
- Straps - spaghetti is a popular "top" of such a model.
- Quality hygroscopic, breathable fabrics.
- Often used knitted fabric.
- The length is different, but often “mini”.
- Colors are pastel. Watercolor style patterns or small printed pattern.
- Accessories are rarely used, as there is a risk of injury during sleep.
- Neckline is decorated with lace or embroidered inserts.
Important! Choose items made from fabrics that tolerate frequent washings. You sleep in this pajamas, hygiene, first of all.
What they have in common is a deep neckline on the chest, an oversized waistline, and, most importantly, a cut from the neckline to the hem of the product:
- The smell is not welcome.
- There is no belt, instead of a tie under the chest or lacing.
- Fronts, folds, shuttlecocks are often located along the front lines.
- The upper part can be decorated as a corset.
- Calyx pitted or foam.
Advice! Since in most models the chest is fixed and supported, it is not necessary to put on a bra under it. Panties with stockings will be quite enough to create a very memorable image.
The materials used are the most diverse - dense, translucent and even mesh. This model is most often sewn by combining fabrics of different densities and textures.
For decoration, bows, brooches, embroidery, appliqués, ruffles are used - what makes a woman look like a doll.
- The collar is missing.
- All models are wraparound.
- Sleeves are wide, often with assemblies or with special extensions, following the example of traditional Japanese kimonos.
- The belt is wide and long.
- Kimono rarely has a length of "midi", usually sewn to the middle of the thigh or below the ankles.
- Ultrashort models with very long wide sleeves look interesting.
Traditional japanese and chinese motifs patterns. The most common colors are orange, red, yellow. The most common material is silk.
Lace kimono leaves no room for imagination, and favorably emphasizes any figure.
For the most daring - peignoir-kimono with a neckline on the back.
Ideal for tall, stately women, but fragile young ladies will feel luxurious .
Laconic cut, without tucks. Sleeve set-in.
The most commonly used color is white and its shades: milky, cold white, ivory, and chalk. Light honey tones are also welcome.
Such an outfit can be considered a home version of an evening dress, it will be uncomfortable for you to sleep in it.
Advice! Want to get an authentic outfit - choose models decorated with handmade bobbin lace, or crocheted lace.
It is a set of a light bathrobe and, in fact, a peignoir. By itself, a style is not considered, since it includes two products, often of different styles. For example, baby dollars are often part of the package.
A distinctive feature of the style is an additional, often transparent, cloak.
What is the peignoir for?
At the same time, peignoir is an active tool for establishing personal life.
Any woman in it will look advantageous.
Many use them directly for sleep.
The choice of peignoirs
For all these purposes, different models and styles are suitable:
- Owners of a small, or, conversely, fluffy breasts will use the “baby-dollars” style, emphasizing and decorating any breast.
- If you have wide hips, opt for a flared model of any length.
- Owners of long legs will suit short or long dresses with a high cut.
- If you have full hands - for you models with a wide sleeve.
- Sleeping comfortably in the model to the knees.
- In hot weather, pay attention to the cool silk, satin, in winter it is not comfortable.
- Full women, choosing a peignoir, should take it one size larger, this will visually narrow the silhouette.
- Lace patterns are universal.
Observe the proportions of the width of the belt and the figure. Thin women fit very wide belts, plump women - belts of medium width.
Peignoirs are rapidly conquering the wardrobes of Russian women, becoming real gems of their collections (photo). There are few things that can so enhance women's confidence and self-esteem.