A bag that is worn on one side leads to curvature of the spine due to uneven loading. And an ordinary satchel overloads the shoulders, which again negatively affects the health of the child. The solution to the problem was orthopedic products.
Orthopedic backpack - a modern attribute of the student
The problem is especially relevant for primary school students. And it can also be solved at the same age, until the child has matured and began to defend "his place in the sun." At this age, the back is still quite flexible and prone to deformation . They will adversely affect the health of the whole organism and remain with a still small man for life.
That is why it is important that the child has an orthopedic satchel or backpack, which will remove the load from the shoulders and evenly distribute it along the entire length of the back.
IMPORTANT! Experts believe that the use of special orthopedic backpacks helps to reduce the risk of curvature of the spine by a third.
Orthopedic backpacks and their features
This is a kind of satchel, which differs from other types by the presence of an orthopedic wall of an anatomical shape.
HELP . Structurally, such a model consists of a dense back, wide straps and a dense bottom.
- In addition to the rigid skeleton, elastic pads are sewn into the back for uniform weight distribution.
- The straps of the product are particularly flexible and soft . This makes it possible to relax the shoulder muscles and prevent their overstrain.
- The bottom is quite dense to avoid a one-sided advantage . This will help prevent the onset and development of scoliosis.
Pros and cons of an orthopedic backpack
The advantages, in addition to the above, include the following.
- A fairly rigid frame allows you to keep your back straight, while maintaining proper posture .
- The backpack is held in one position and does not warp .
- Elastic back inserts help to effectively distribute the load and provide a gentle back massage .
- Special pads are sewn into the wide soft straps, which remove the pressure effect from the shoulders.
- The strap regulators will allow you to adjust it to the required size, taking into account the presence or absence of voluminous outerwear.
- These bags are made of breathable materials that let air through and help prevent overheating and getting your back wet.
- The bottom is additionally impregnated with water-repellent compositions. They increase the durability of the backpack and allow it to be placed on wet surfaces. This is especially necessary for younger students who can drop things and rush off to play.
- The material of manufacture is dense and durable, so tearing it will be quite problematic.
- Such models are ergonomic and comfortable.
- Excellent additional elements are a special waist belt and built-in reflective stripes.
The disadvantages include only the rather large weight of the backpack due to the stiff back and the cost of the product.
Recommendations for using an orthopedic backpack
For the right choice of such a school affiliation, it is necessary to ask the future student to put it on and see how suitable it is.
IMPORTANT! Do not take such a product for growth .
While the child grows up to him, he will already be able to severely damage his back, carrying weights much lower than the prescribed level. In this case, the luggage will outweigh back, and the child will have to lean forward strongly all the time. And this leads to a change in both posture and gait. A backpack taken for growth will easily lead to falls and injuries.
It will be useful to look at documents confirming the orthopedic status of a thing . After all, buying a fake product, the buyer will not only waste money (and such an item is more expensive than usual), but also will not protect the child from overloading the back.
Products do not require special care. Thanks to the water-repellent layer and durable materials, it is difficult for them to do great harm. So there are no special recommendations on the use of such an item. All the rules are simple: do not overload it, do not jump on it and do not use it in the form of a sled. They are easy to clean and wash.