Stylishly emphasize the texture of the table, highlighting the zones of its surface, you can use the runner.
Often, this type of textile is also called a tablecloth-runner.
Table Decoration - Runner
It is customary to call a runner a variety of narrow naperon (top cover that protects the main tablecloth from stains and abrasion), covering the surface of the dining table.
Reference! In most cases, it is customary to put main dishes, fruit plates and bouquets of flowers on such a tablecloth.
There are various types of runners. They can be either narrow or wide, with a long or short overhang, simple or unusual shape.
- from fabric (plain, textured or with print);
- burlap (sometimes in combination with lace);
- from lace (a great option for a classic wedding);
- from ribbons of different colors, widths, styles and textures (to create a more "voluminous" decor);
- from paper (the most budget option);
- from a tree (a good choice for a wedding in a rustic style);
- in a glamorous style (from fabrics with sequins, sequins and beads).
The runner can be placed along the table, diagonally or across. The latter option allows you to create the effect of "dialogue" between people.
Advice! When the colors of the main tablecloth and runner contrast with each other, it looks very impressive.
A skillfully selected runner can turn even the most ordinary tea party into a small holiday.