Why are high heels and platform dangerous?
Have you ever wondered - is it easy to walk on stilts? The answer is one: incredibly difficult. Moreover, it requires tremendous muscle tension and effort. The female body experiences approximately the same load if the height of the heel exceeds 5-7 cm (depending on the size of the legs).
And if in the normal position the foot performs the role of a shock absorber, protecting internal organs from shocks and strokes when walking, then the unnatural shift of the center of gravity to the front “pillow” and fingers disrupts the musculoskeletal system. And the spine experiences strong destructive tremors .
Still sure a flat sole will save you? No matter how!
Important! Doctors unanimously warn women against excessive enthusiasm for such shoes. Its negative effect on the spine is proven by time. This is especially true for young mothers who often have to carry their baby in their arms.
“Platform” and “rock” are no less traumatic. A thick sole prevents the natural bending of the foot while walking. Therefore, the health effects are similar to high heels.
Heels above 6-7 cm and the consequences with constant wear
Can't live without hairpins? Then keep in mind that daily use of such shoes is fraught with the appearance of:
- corns, bursitis "cones", deformed phalanx bones;
- thrombophlebitic plaques;
- flat feet in the transverse type;
- arthritic and arthritic inflammation;
- varicose veins;
- scoliosis, intervertebral hernia, osteochondrosis;
- prolapse of the abdominal organs;
- dislocations, sprains and tears of ligaments.
What is the danger of flat shoes?
Abuse of this kind of shoes threatens:
- violation and deformation of the foot;
- sprain tendons;
- unpleasant pain in the area of all toes, and large - especially;
- the development of diseases of the feet and knees;
- flat feet like transverse longitudinal;
- pathology of the Achilles tendon;
- thrombophlebitis and arthritis;
- curvature of the toes.
Important! The progression of the disease is characterized by severe pain in the legs.
Due to the uneven load on the spine, a woman risks getting far from harmless osteochondrosis or intervertebral hernia.
In shoes with flat soles, a huge load on the calcaneus, and not on the whole foot. This eventually deforms the bones of the foot.
What should be the perfect shoes?
Do you like convenience and comfort? Take care of your legs. Orthopedists recommend the optimal shoe model:
- It is made of natural hygroscopic material, which allows the skin of the legs to freely "breathe" and prevents sweating. It is best to buy shoes and boots made of leather, crack, nubuck, suede or textile.
On a note! Any “synthetics” creates a greenhouse effect and harms the health of the legs.
- The optimal heel is from 2 to 7 cm. Anything lower or higher than this indicator is unsafe.
- Tough, one-piece backdrop . It will perfectly fix the leg inside the shoe.
- A wide toe of shoes is required. Otherwise, there is a high probability of deformation of the foot and the appearance of a painful "bone" at the joint of the metatarsus and phalanx of the first finger.
Do you think that an orthopedic insole is a panacea that will make a flat sole quite physiological? You are wrong. In reality, nothing will change. The heel, as it was on the same level as the toe, will remain in the same position.
According to doctors, it is most effective to use custom-made insoles. The ideal insole should exactly repeat the individual characteristics of the foot, while the factory insole is nothing more than ordinary stamping.
How to choose slippers?
The correct option is soft home slippers with a heel of about 2 cm.
If necessary, wear special orthopedic shoes at home. It is produced for both children and adults.
When shopping for a shoe store, you should remember the basic criteria for choosing the right shoe :
- It is better to do this in the afternoon, when the legs are already slightly swollen and have taken their usual shape.
- Do not skimp on expensive natural material, otherwise there is a risk, as the saying goes, to pay twice: daily shoes should be comfortable and hygienic.
- The dilemma between appearance and convenience is uniquely resolved in the direction of the latter.
- Choose the model that matches the ideal parameters: heel height 2.5-7 cm, a hard back, a wide toe. It is important to accurately determine the fullness. Very wide or too narrow shoes are unacceptable.
- Rate the quality of the sole of your favorite pair. The best option: it does not require much effort to bend, the previous shape easily returns, and the toe is not deformed.
Recommended seasons features:
- winter boots are best taken on a wide sole with a good embossed tread;
- boots for autumn and spring should be waterproof;
- for summer shoes, a fixing back is required.
Discomfort from the abutment of the fingers in the toe is unacceptable . Only light contact is permissible.
To understand whether the shoes are “comfortable” - try on a couple completely and don’t be too lazy to walk around the trading floor in it.
Want to be beautiful? Do not refuse to buy "stilettos" and high heels. But they should be worn in a very "measured" manner.
Do you like to wander around the city or take a walk with your favorite dog? Buy ballet shoes . Just do not wear them constantly, but only from time to time, alternating with stable models.
Important! Incorrectly selected shoes harm the health of your legs, spine and lead to diseases of the internal organs.
The choice of shoes is a very responsible matter. Want to stay healthy for long? Each event needs its own shoes. Choose the right shoes, guided by the recommendations of orthopedists. And then you are guaranteed a good mood and ease of walking, which is very attractive to men, regardless of your age.