You can’t get used to the autumn weather whims, you can only adapt! The problem of the season is how not to get caught in the rain and not get wet. The weather forecast is leading in search queries, it is actively viewed in a smartphone. It depends on him whether to put an umbrella or a raincoat in the bag in the morning, indispensable attributes of autumn. By the way, what is better to take with you? What to give preference to? Let's figure it out.
Slightly the sky frowns, begins to splatter, right there pedestrians open umbrellas of various designs.
Types of Umbrellas
What options for umbrellas does not offer industry today! On the street manages to see a variety of designs.
Some manually open above themselves and a companion mechanical and semi-automatic. To open the dome, you have to pull the mount, turning it into a full-fledged umbrella. The rain is over - the reverse operation.
Others press the automatic button and the spring opens the dome. When closing, the automatic machine and the semiautomatic device work the same way: they themselves “extinguish” the dome.
There are cane umbrellas - a large dome, a one-piece handle, sturdy and conveniently curved. There are folding, telescopic, which fold two, three or more times. The more additions, the umbrella is placed in a smaller handbag.
Reference. Folding umbrellas have a straight or slightly curved handle made of plastic, wood, leather or metal with a special strap for wearing. The best option is rubberized anatomical.
According to the materials of the dome and prints, the diversity is extraordinary!
From transparent weddings for newlyweds to charcoal blacks that are preferred by real gentlemen.
Between these poles - all the riot of colors, tones, drawings, decors of women's and children's umbrellas. Nylon, polyester, newfangled pongee (polyester with cotton) - these materials are most often pulled onto the knitting needles of the dome.
Important! In one model, there are from 8 to 16 spokes made of steel, fiberglass or aluminum. Preference should be given to models with at least 10 knitting needles. They provide a convex dome shape.
Pros and cons of umbrellas
Umbrellas have become a common means of protection against rain.
Folding umbrellas have many advantages.
- Practicality .
- Compactness. Small, light, they are placed in the glove compartment of the car, handbag, outerwear pocket.
- Ease of disclosure . Automata can be quickly opened at the touch of a button in a strong wind when exiting a vehicle.
- A variety of colors pleases the eye.
- The cane is bulky, takes up a lot of space. She has to be carried in her hands all the time.
- Folding umbrellas have enough small and flimsy elements that fail even with careful and gentle handling.
- Frequent damage - the scourge of automatic umbrellas.
- Not all models have a lock against accidental opening, so the dome can open suddenly at the most inopportune moment.
- With strong gusts of wind, the umbrella pulls out of the hands, the dome bends in the opposite direction. And the needles sometimes break, bend.
- The most compact models are not able to provide reliable protection against rain, they cover only the head and upper body.
- Visibility is not very good from under the dome. Faced with another “umbrella carrier” on the sidewalk is common.
- The need for drying immediately after use. Leaving wet for a long time is not recommended.
Tip. Dry wet umbrella should be in the open position, away from heat sources, in order to protect from tissue shrinkage. Dried in half-open form.
- And one more trouble - umbrellas are often lost and forgotten in various places.
A raincoat for practicality and convenience was appreciated by mushroom pickers, fishermen and shepherds. From their wardrobe, these clothes stepped onto the catwalk, and gained popularity among the masses.
A surge of fashion happened thanks to new materials, which in all respects are better than antiquity tarpaulin.
Reference. Nylon and polyvinyl chloride, polyester with a layer of polyurethane and polyethylene, membrane fabric were to the heart of fashion designers. They did not fail to include these clothes in their collections.
Disposable and reusable
Raincoats can be divided into cheaper ones made of thin polyethylene, designed for one rain, and better reusable ones.
The budget rain cover made of polyethylene is compact and practical. He copes well with his main function - protecting the wearer from the rain.
Expensive and stylish reusable models made of better materials claim a prominent place in the wardrobe of fashionistas.
Raincoats have many styles.
- A cloak of a classical form and standard length (just below the knee) with a hood will protect from rain from head to toe. Couture models are also beautiful and fashionable.
- Jacket Compact, folded does not require much space, can be carried in your pocket. Only the top of the body will protect from rainfall.
- Cape poncho with wide sleeves, hood.
- A poncho bike raincoat is worn over the head. The long front and rear elements cover the hands on the steering wheel from moisture, as well as the back and backpack on it, legs. When folded, it fits in a small tube-tube with a carabiner that snaps onto the cyclist's belt.
- Raincoat with shortened 3/4 sleeves, free silhouette.
- Volume wrap with slots for the hands
Reference. Models for children are represented by separate and continuous raincoat-overalls of various lengths. They allow the child to actively move on a walk.
Pros and cons of a raincoat
Objectively evaluate the possibilities of raincoats.
- A light and compact cloak can be quickly thrown over yourself. He will reliably protect from the weather.
- The raincoat is warmer: it protects from the wind.
- Compact when folded. A convenient tube or small bag where the raincoat is stored folded takes up little space in your pocket or purse.
- In a raincoat a person has both hands free. Therefore, it is possible to carry a bag or count out a trifle for travel.
- Dries quickly on a hanger, does not clutter the passage.
- For cheap disposable items, the material is fragile. Caught on, it is easy to break.
- Some models are not hygroscopic. They do not allow moisture in both directions. So after a few hundred steps, the cloak turns into a personal portable steam room.
What to choose on a rainy day
The umbrella and raincoat have their own strengths and weaknesses. What to choose for themselves and their loved ones, everyone decides for himself.
When choosing, one should proceed from the conditions in which to use.
- Going shopping, preferably having hands free? Of course, a cloak!
- Are you going to relax actively, despite the cloudy day? Have you planned a bike ride? Naturally, the umbrella will be uncomfortable.
- On the street, not only pours without ceasing, but also a strong wind? An umbrella will be useless!
- And if there is no wind, the rain is shallow, and you have a new leather coat? Why hide it under a cloak? An umbrella will be the perfect complement to your elegant look.
In general, you already realized that you should have both items. Moreover, a spare raincoat can be “forgotten” in a purse in case the umbrella is not with you!