The story of the appearance of skirts
Many thousands of years ago, an ancient man made the first clothes from herbs and skins of wild animals. It was a cruel necessity, it was necessary to shelter the body from rain and cold. Then the first loincloths appeared - the distant predecessors of modern skirts. With the invention of the fabric, the vestment process was simplified. You could just wrap a piece of matter around you, stab it, and the clothes were ready. Until the X century, men's and women's clothing was not much different, and since the next century, a strong half of humanity began to gradually lose ground in relation to skirts.
Types of skirts in antiquity
Types of skirts and their names
Even offhand, any fashionista can name a dozen different models of skirts. Mini and midi, narrow and wide, simple and with a complex cut - the range is huge. The main thing is to find your own among such a large selection, which successfully emphasizes the dignity of the figure and disguises its imperfections.
Types of skirts for cut and silhouette
- Straight. The width of such models on the hips and lower part is almost the same. This is a standard style, previously often used for sewing various uniforms.
- Conical. Accordingly, the top and bottom of the product differs in width. There are two options. Tapered downwards as a pencil model and expanded as flares, sun, year and others.
From the point of view of geometry, a cut is that part of the body that is laid out or expanded on the surface onto which clothes are made. For this, measurements are taken and patterns or patterns are built. It is the cut that allows you to create the perfect model for a specific figure. And what will it be: a tulip, a multi-blade, a bell or another, depends on preference, shape characteristics, fashion and other factors. According to the variety of cuts, skirts with flounces, pleated or pleated, sun or half sun, year, with a smell and fasteners, with drapery and asymmetrical, with undercuts, with a low or high waist, and many others, are distinguished.
Types of skirts in length
The length may be as follows:
- Maxi The product is sewn to the ankles or to the floor. Such a universal length suits a woman of any complexion, hides the excess, and emphasizes the necessary. Today, such an outfit can be worn not only at a gala event, wedding or restaurant. On a simple summer day, it is appropriate to wear a cotton blouse and a long skirt made of flowing fabric.
- Midi . This is the name of the length of the product, fluctuating between "slightly below the knee" and "above the ankle." It is believed that midi is suitable only for tall and slender women. But experimenting with the length and style, you can find the perfect option for almost any figure. For example, an A-silhouette and a model with folds and assemblies from the waist also look good in midi.
To the knees. This length is also called classic or French. This is a decent but slightly conservative option for a costume that can be worn under any circumstances. Suitable for women of different ages and with different types of figures, looks elegant and noble.
- Mini An incredibly feminine and relevant trend over the past few decades, which emphasizes female attractiveness and sexuality. The length of such products is on the palm of your hand above the knee. Models look good on slender girls with beautiful legs. Among the fashionable styles - skirts with a smell and cuts, straight and pleated, plain and with prints.
- Micro . The shortest model, in some cases not covering the buttocks. Clothes of this length look provocative and frank. And therefore, only the most daring and desperate girls with beautiful figures can afford it without any flaws. Usually selected for summer holidays, sports, some special occasions.
Choose the length based on the features of your figure.
Types of skirts according to the style
Fashion designers distinguish several dozens of relevant skirt styles. Each year brings new ones, but some leave, so that in 10–20 years they will reappear in fashion shows. We highlight the relevant ones.
To the crease. When cutting such a product, folds, large or small, are laid at the waist. They can be one-sided or counter, bow, fan, identical or asymmetric.
Layered. There are several tiers in such a work of designer's thought, which also increase in length with length. Sewed from rectangular strips of fabric.
Types of skirts for additional items
The usual direct model is a little boring, the designers thought. And now skirts are decorated with various decorative elements.
Buttons were sewn onto the skirt for different purposes. They are necessary for the version with a smell, but can have a purely decorative look. Buttons are located on a belt, pockets, a front level, along a section. A denim skirt with buttons in the center is already considered a classic.
Types of skirts by location
In recent years, designers have provided their offspring with various cuts: modest, hiding between the folds and incredibly deep, frank, original in the form of a fringe and elegant in the side seams. The cuts have a variety of models of skirts: wrap, pleated, midi, maxi and even mini. Just remember: in tandem, these models often need high-heeled shoes.
The classics of the genre are the following types of cuts:
On the back. As the fashionistas of past years said, such a cut could mean one “follow me”. And its depth was made in accordance with standards and comfort when walking.
- Side view . A very interesting section, often performed in the pencil model. In this case, a piquant part is also necessary for normal movement. You can balance the image with the help of a conservative top.
- Front This model looks very sensual. The main thing is not to overdo it and maintain decency. What looks playfully on the red carpet in Cannes, in ordinary life, looks fake and vulgar.
Which cut is preferable, each woman chooses herself. It all depends on the model of the skirt and legs. But it is worth remembering about the depth of the cut: not always more means better.
Tips for choosing the perfect skirt model
An organically sitting model can visually add a few centimeters to growth or slightly reduce a figure that is too tall. For example, for small women, fitting styles to the middle of the knee and slightly lower are suitable, and too lush and long will make the image too puppet-like.
Full or thin women is a very conventional concept. Therefore, the owners of magnificent figures should not complete and hide the body under hoodie clothes. Strict straight models of skirts that beautifully emphasize the attractiveness of forms are well suited for them. But too wide styles will make the silhouette more bulky. On thin representatives of the weaker sex, mini, flared downward, look great. Decorative elements: flounces, frills - will add the necessary volume in the hips and make the image more feminine.
The skirt belongs to the basic elements of a women's wardrobe. She gives the figure grace and femininity. The main thing is to find your option among many others.