Flooding, earthquake, mass attack, critical release of harmful substances into the environment, terrorist attack - situations that may require unscheduled evacuation.
After such an emergency leaving home, a person does not always receive immediate access to a bomb shelter or other socially significant state facility. Sometimes he has to get to him. How to survive on the way to a safe territory? Use the contents of a survivalist's backpack.
What is a survival bag?
Important! A real survivalist backpack weighs about 20 kg - an unbearable burden for many people. They will not be able to go far with him; they will have to hastily part with important things along the way. To prevent this from happening, it makes sense to initially complete the bag at the rate of 3 days, and not 7.
What is included in this backpack? Equipment
It is based on objects aimed at satisfying basic basic human needs. This category includes:
- clean water;
- health and safety.
To ensure these needs will be required (minimum base):
- water, a reliable vessel for it, cleaners and disinfectants (minimum - iodine, better than tablets);
- matches; lighter;
- first aid kit;
- rain cape;
- 2 needles, several buttons, threads (2 skeins of different thicknesses);
- universal glue.
Addition to the database:
- map, compass;
- spoon, mug;
- removable underwear;
- sleeping bag, tent;
- hygiene products (wet wipes, and soap);
- tools and materials for repairing a tent;
- hat (cap);
- folding bucket;
From the latter point of view, it is easiest to survive for real hunters located in familiar territory. It’s easy for them to get food and does not need to complicate the cooking process. For example, they can kill game birds, pinch it, coat it with clay and bake in coals.
When assembling a backpack, you should take into account the high probability that hunting will be impossible. Just like a bonfire. Therefore, you need to take products with you that you can use without heat treatment . These include cereals, but not all. Buckwheat can definitely be eaten raw, but do it carefully. Grains swell strongly in the stomach, you need to eat quite a bit and drink plenty.
Important! Cereals have an expiration date. To increase it, pierce the cereals in the oven at 200–220 degrees.
What other food should you take with you:
- freeze-dried food in packages (specialized food for tourists-extremists and survivors);
- canned food (only real Gostovskaya stew, no stewed foods - the share of real meat in the latter is minimal);
- dried meat.
The issue is solved with the help of salt, vinegar, real seasonings (not universal mixtures). However, you won’t take them in sufficient quantities, therefore experienced survivors not only pack their backpacks, but also make caches . This approach is especially recommended for hunters and those who plan to get their own food. Bookmarks also include appliances that help to get food: snares, bows, fishing rods, traps. The use of some is prohibited by law today, but with global emergency legal issues fade into the background.
Important! Canned fish is not as nutritious as meat. It is necessary to give preference to the latter.
Tips for choosing clothes and shoes:
- underwear 100% from natural fabrics, socks with the addition of synthetics (for durability);
- for off-season and winter - thermal underwear;
- fleece suits are warm and breathe, but they get wet easily ( you should not use them as basic clothes, but for night-huts and rest - ideal );
- the jacket should have a hood (the model for autumn and winter requires heat-reflecting inserts, cuffs on the sleeves and hem, drawstring on the head);
- in extreme cold, clothing made of wool, worn in 4–5 layers, saves ( things should not be thick and not tight );
- pre-worn shoes will not allow you to go far;
- wet feet - a source of fungus, kidney and bone diseases, colds and pulmonary diseases (shoes must ensure maximum dryness);
- hands should be protected no worse than legs (1 warm pair, 1 rubberized).
Important! Clothing weighs a lot, especially woolen and fleece. It makes sense to collect 2 backpacks: 1 for the winter, 1 for the summer. In the latter, the number of spare wardrobe items should be minimized. When collecting, it is also worth using vacuum bags. They significantly reduce the volume of things and do not let them get wet.
When collecting should take into account the drying speed of various materials. If the underwear is made of synthetics, and the pants are made of natural fabric, then they will dry out over a period of time . At the same time, pants that become dry faster due to the properties of the fabric will absorb moisture from their pants. This can cause hypothermia.
Possible list of clothes:
- 2 pairs of socks (woolen);
- 2 linen changes;
- 2 shirts or t-shirts (1 with a long sleeve, the second with a short one);
- thermal underwear;
- trousers (not jeans);
- a cap;
- sweater or fleece jacket;
However, in heavy rain, a down jacket, sleeping bag or jacket on real down is a source of additional problems. It is necessary to dry the fluff, but no one guarantees that the survivor will have such an opportunity . Natural wool also does not dry quickly, but it is less sensitive to constant dampness. Therefore, a woolen sweater for some places is the best solution.
How to pack such a backpack?
The second rule: the heaviest things are not placed at the bottom, but as close to the back of the backpack as possible . This approach will reduce the burden on the shoulders. The following things go to the bottom:
- sleeping bag;
- clothes for sleeping;
- rug in a sleeping bag or tent.
Having laid the bottom, proceed to fill the back zone. Items are laid on the principle of the heaviest and largest to the lightest and most compact . Often the most heavyweight are the tools (ax) and food.
The middle section, going after the vertical zone at the spine, is suitable for long items: shoes, raincoat, dishes . Well, the closest things to the locks are the necessities:
- first aid kit;
The last item is often replaced with a walkie-talkie, and the card with an electronic guide. However, the former has a limited coverage area. In addition, there are no guarantees that it will be possible to get in touch with reliable people. Well, an electronic guide will not help in the forest. Against it, an atlas or map are universal assistants.
Important! Groats bags may burst under pressure. It is recommended to pour cereals into plastic bottles.
If the situation happens in winter, warm clothing should be placed in the upper layer and closer to the castle. During parking in the cold, first of all they do not make a fire and do not put up a tent, but they are insulated.