Why are boots called summer?
They take the cattle from neogulennyh young cows, as well as bulls, which have not yet turned a year and a half. Place of cut: peritoneum. The localization and age of the animal makes it possible to obtain a large diameter segment of whole material, unspoiled by bites, scars and stretch marks.
After flaying, the skin passes through a long and multi-stage tanning process. The technology previously included the following types of processing:
- stamping and kneading in the drums;
- push-ups of the face;
- pouring in a special tannin solution;
- juice tanning;
- filling tanning.
In modern industry, chrome plating is used - the method of chrome tanning, which uses tannic minerals. After such processing, the product becomes on average 2 times stronger than hides that have passed through vegetable tanning. Also, the material begins to have a high welding temperature - its structure does not deteriorate upon contact with boiling water and well resists the destructive effect of heated chemicals.
Boot Design Description
Features and details of traditional field officer boots:
leather outsole on nails;
- each boot has 2 white ears (sewn from the inside);
- the back is reinforced;
- standardized shaft length: 45 cm;
- guards regiments wore models 4.5 cm longer;
- the bootstrap is sewn on the back with one long seam;
- standardized insole weight: 21.33-46.93 g;
- heel height: exactly 2 cm;
- the heel is fastened with iron studs.
What other synonyms for the name exist?
The third name is chrome. However, it is incorrect. There is a huge difference between real chrome and ash boots. The latter hold the ankle better and can be in them during a fire (well, or just put out a fire with them). The former are decently lighter, but they have no place next to fire. They tolerate high temperatures much worse.
Important! The people also call these shoes field and officer.
A bit of history
In the world, scarlet and yuft leather is correlated with Russia. She is called russian leather and cuir de Russie.
- The word "yuft" supposedly appeared in Russian in the 16th century.
- From European and American natural materials, widely distributed in the 19th century, this one differs in the processing method. Other countries used vegetable tannins, only Russians soaked the skins with tar.
- Today, instead of tar, a fat mixture is used, often including a black seal.
- In World War I, only domestic soldiers fought in genuine leather shoes.
- After the Second World, the spring boots ceased to be the property of servicemen, they began to be worn in civilian clothes. Everyone flaunted such shoes, starting with schoolchildren and ending with superiors. People with modest incomes replaced yuft shoes with pickaxes.
Advantages and disadvantages
Another noteworthy feature is the protection of the feet from moisture . Excellent hygroscopicity allows you to maintain dryness even with prolonged exposure to water. Hence the demand for this type of shoe among fishermen and tourists.
Important! It’s difficult to wear yuftovye or soap-colored traditional boots in the summer. They are hot, but the military and conscripts have to put up with this kind of inconvenience.
Merits go hand in hand with flaws. Strength and durability - with inelasticity, roughness and a long wear process . Hygroscopicity - with problems of perspiration and oxygen to the skin. The natural origin of the material is with high prices for designer women's boots made of it .
The most complaints are kneading (primarily the additionally reinforced back). Waiting for natural spacing is too long. We have to resort to folk remedies. Mixtures with glycerin, hot towels, pads are used. Sometimes stiff boots are stuffed with bags of water and sent to the freezer. When freezing, water expands, creating constant pressure on the shaft walls.
Modern fashion and spring boots
Changes are visible and in relation to design. The canonical version is complemented by straps, narrowed silhouette, locks and buckles . There are models with the upper line of the shaft characteristic of cowboy boots. A flat sole is replaced with a hidden slide or even with a heel.