With the advent of washing machines, all housewives breathed a sigh of relief. But, despite the fact that many processes have now become automated, sometimes you still have to manually soak the laundry before washing. How to do it right? And is soaking so necessary? Let's figure it out!
Is the habitual tradition relevant
Observance of the correct principles of soaking laundry will not only improve the quality of washing, but also eliminate the harm to fabrics. It is important to approach this task wisely: use the appropriate temperature and use suitable detergents.
Why soaking is useful
Be sure: soaking the laundry will greatly simplify the further washing process . The main part of the pollution at this stage dissolves under the influence of water and detergents.
IMPORTANT! The dirt remains in the soap solution, and relatively clean linen is sent to the washing machine, which becomes much easier to wash.
If home textiles have minor impurities, soaking it is not necessary at all, the machine is able to cope with them. But persistent stains will be much more difficult to remove, and one can not do machine wash here. Heavily soiled textiles must first be held in water, so washing will be faster and more efficient .
Opinion against: useless and harmful!
There is another opinion. Some women are convinced that today this process has become useless. And wasting time on it is pointless.
We will not persuade them. We pay attention only to the fact that too long stay in water of any materials should be avoided.
IMPORTANT! To soak textiles for more than a day is not only pointless, but also harmful! Things turn sour and get an unpleasant odor, which is not easy to get rid of even with subsequent washing.
Do not keep in water products made from natural silk and wool (the fibers of such fabrics can be damaged).
How to decide: soak or not?
Each hostess independently answers this question, taking into account the degree of pollution and features of things requiring washing.
When can you do without soaking?
Not every textile product needs to be pre-soaked, but in some cases it is simply necessary .
- Oily kitchen towels are recommended to be pre-cleaned without fail . Water with the addition of vinegar will contribute to the breakdown of fat and towels will regain their former freshness. Washing efficiency will increase significantly.
- Items that are particularly contaminated are also best kept in water before washing.
- Do not neglect the process in the case of hand washing . Pre-treatment will facilitate textile cleaning.
If soaked, then right!
Many women are still confident that it is definitely worthwhile to keep bedding and towels in the water before being machine washed. We add only that the main thing is to do it right !
We offer some tips to help you get things right.
- First you need to sort your home textiles according to color, type of fabric and nature of pollution .
- The container should be large and roomy so that the water completely covers things.
- The optimum water temperature is 40 ° . Powder, soap shavings, or other suitable means are added to the water.
- Washing powder or gel should be used half as much as for the main wash .
- It is advisable to soak colored linen for 1-2 hours (in cool water), and white - all night .
- Adding 4-5 crushed tablets of aspirin to the water for soaking will help rid white products of yellowness or a gray tint that appears from frequent washes.
TIP! White terry towels and bed linen are recommended to be soaked in this way once a month for 15-20 minutes to maintain the original color.
- The use of soda helps not only to remove yellowness, but also to disinfect things . It is recommended to use it only for natural light fabrics, because stains can remain on dark materials.
REFERENCE! Optimum proportions: half a glass of soda per 10 liters of water. Leave the laundry in such a solution for no more than 20-30 minutes.
- Another indispensable detergent for washing kitchen towels is mustard powder . 1 tbsp. a spoonful of mustard must be dissolved in 5 liters of water. The soaking procedure can be repeated if necessary.