Size of bed according to GOST standard
Composition of the linen set: 2 pillowcases, a duvet cover, a sheet. This list of bedding is accepted as standard filling, it is possible to sell incompletely.
The range of bed linen is divided into the following groups of sets:
- children's sets;
- family kits
- double sets
- euro kits
- one and a half sets.
The width and length of items in one set may be different, so you need to carefully examine the packaging of the headset. Otherwise, you can purchase a CPB that does not match the dimensions of the pillow, mattress or blanket.
Table of standard sizes of bed linen for the Russian Federation according to GOST
|Set Name||Pillowcase||Duvet cover, cm||Sheet cm|
|Euro||70x70 50x70||205x225 225x245 200x220||240x280 240x220|
|One and a half||70x70 60x60 50x70||150x210 150x215 150x220 215x248||160x210 150x215 180x260 215x148|
|Family||70x70 50x70||150x210 (2 pcs.) 215x148 (2 pcs.)||240x280 240x220|
|Double||70x70 60x60 50x70||180x210 180x215 200x220||175x210 175x215 210x230 220x215 240x260 220x220|
PBC sizes in European countries often differ from domestic ones. This should be considered when buying, because French products are designed for pillows 65 by 65 cm, German 80 by 80 cm, and Italian 50 by 70 cm.
Important! If you opted for Euro sizes, measure your pillows before buying a set.
The main markings from European manufacturers:
- single (or twin). Designates a single kit;
- extra long single. This is a one and a half set;
- double (or full). The name of the double kit;
- queen. Marking oversized linen. They mostly correspond to European-made Russian-made;
- king size. Bed linen for extra large beds;
- babby bed. Marking kit for newborns;
- Baby bed / Crib. Kids clothes.
Euro bedding table
|Title||Pillowcase, cm||Sheet cm||Duvet cover, cm||A sheet on an elastic band, cm||Mattress, cm|
|Baby bed / crib||40x60||120x170||100x120||60x120||56x118|
|Single / twin||51x76 / 65x65||183x274||145x200||90x190||90x190|
|King / queen||51x76 / 65x65||274x297 305x320||230x220 260x220||150x200 180x200||150x200 180x200|
|Double / full||51x76 / 65x65||229x274||200x220||140x190||140x190|
Sizes of double sets
Euro sizes of double linen from European countries:
- The duvet cover comes in three sizes: 222 by 245 cm; 205 by 225 cm; 200 by 220 cm;
- sheets: 240 by 280 or 220 by 240 cm;
- pillowcases: 50 to 50; 70 by 70 cm.
Such bedding items are ten to fifteen centimeters larger than domestic ones. Often people use for mattresses not one mattress, but two, so European manufacturers took into account the complete set of such a set with 2 sheets.
Important! If the packaging does not have a label with dimensions, then such linen may be fake. Another example of a customer’s deception: the items in the set are smaller than the standard European ones, but they are marked with a double. Thus, the manufacturer saves the fabric, taking advantage of the consumer’s ignorance of these standard Euroformat sizes.
This kit includes:
- 2 pillowcases. Can be two sizes 51 by 76 or 65 by 65 cm;
- One sheet 229 by 274 cm;
- Two duvet covers 150 to 220.
- Duvet cover 220 by 200 cm;
- The sheet can go in 2 sizes: 220 by 250 cm; 240 by 260 cm;
- Pillowcase: 70 by 70 or 50 by 50 cm.
One and a half bed sheets
- Bed sheet 229x274 cm
- Sheet with an elastic band 140x190 cm
- Duvet cover 200x220 cm
- Single bedding
The bedding sets are oriented on a mattress measuring 90 by 190 cm, while the sheet has 183 by 274 cm; a sheet with an elastic band 90 to 90 cm; duvet cover 145 by 200 cm ; and pillowcases are 51 by 76 cm and 65 by 65 cm.
A more detailed article on what is included in the family bedding set.
Sets for cots ( for a child older than 3 years ) are usually made with a guide on the size of the mattress 56 by 118 cm. In this set, the sheet has a size of 120 by 170 cm, the sheet with an elastic band is 60 by 120 cm, the pillow is 40 by 60 cm, and Duvet cover 100 to 120 cm.
A more detailed article on the size of baby bedding.
Sizes of bedding for newborns
- Pillowcase 40 by 60 cm;
- Sheet 120 by 150 cm;
- Duvet cover 115 by 147 cm.
In order to decide whether a bedding set you like is suitable, you need to consider it according to the following criteria.
You need to pick up a measuring tape or tape measure to measure a berth, pillow and blanket.
The optimal size of the sheet is the width of the mattress + 80-100 centimeters. This sheet is easy to fill and does not hang on the corners of the bed. So that the blanket does not crumple inside the duvet cover and there are no "empty corners", you should pick it up 5-6 centimeters more than the blanket itself. It is recommended to choose pillowcases with a size of 70 by 70 cm to the square shape of the pillows, and those with a rectangular shape - size 70 by 50 cm.
Natural hypoallergenic tissues that absorb moisture and remove it from the body are considered natural.
- Cotton-based fabrics (satin, calico) have a low cost, they are easy to care for, they are well washed, do not slip. Shrink during washing, may wrinkle.
- linen. It has high wear resistance. But it can be unpleasant to the body, poorly ironed and wrinkled badly.
- silk. Buying such a kit will hit your wallet hard, but this material is worth it: lightweight, easy to care for, and pleasant to the body.
An important factor in choosing fabrics for CPB is density. This parameter affects the duration of operation and the durability of the purchased kit. Look at the fabric in the light, if it shines through, and the threads are intertwined diagonally, then it is better to abandon its purchase. For a few washings, the linen will simply lose its shape and become deformed.
If the clearance is difficult to understand the density, then carefully read the label in which the manufacturer prescribes the density of the material. What is tissue density? This is the number of threads that went into the manufacture of one square centimeter of material. It must be at least 60 threads per area. A more detailed article on the density of fabrics for bedding.
A lower density is typical for a cambric (25 threads), cotton and linen (about 40-50 threads). But Turkish silk and synthetic fabrics have a density of up to 80 threads per 1 cm2. Fabrics with a high density of weaving are silk (China), percale. The density of satin varies from 120 to 300 threads per 1 m2. The highest density of Japanese silk. It reaches a frequency of 300 threads per square centimeter.
It is much better to overpay, but to buy bedding from a quality manufacturer than cheap artisanal and manufactured in unsanitary conditions. It will be safe for health, quality and durable.
Stitches and threads
A high-quality product is stitched with a special linen seam that does not rub the skin and firmly connects all the details. If, during a visual inspection, curved seams, protruding threads and shaggy edges are revealed, then it is better to refuse such a purchase. It just “spreads out” at the seams during the first wash. The threads for stitching the kit go exactly to match the kit. They are dense, do not shag and do not stick out.
Remember: High-quality bedding is sewn from a single piece of material, there are no additional seams and joints on it.
When buying linen should not have a sharp chemical smell. The only acceptable flavor is textile. Smelling dyes are the first sign of a manufacturer’s attempt to save on quality. If the paint remains on the hands when feeling, then it is better not to use such a set.
Inspect the "face" and "turnover" of the material. If there is a strong difference in the intensity of the dye, then most likely such linen will fade during washing and will soon become faded. Read the label, if the kit can be washed at a temperature of 60 degrees, then the dye is of high quality. Such linen practically does not fade and does not fade for a long time.
These are the main markings that are indicated on the sets of bed linen:
- Bedspread (bedcover). The cover covers pillows and reaches the floor;
- Duvet. The name of the blanket;
- Duvet cover. A sheet replacing a duvet cover in American sets is attached to a blanket;
- Mattress protection or Mattress pad - mattress pad;
- Pillow. Designation pillows;
- Pillowcase. Designation of pillowcases;
- Pillow sham. Pillowcase designed for decorative purposes;
- fitted sheets. Designation of a sheet fastened at the edges to an elastic band;
- fitted valance. Designation of a sheet on an elastic band lined with flounces. Hides the space under the bed.
Sizes of bedding packaging
- Flat transparent PVC bag with flap on button or velcro. It can have the following sizes: 300x270x15 + 110; 380x270x5 + 110; 380x315x25 + 110; 165x250x20 + 90; 165x210x15 + 80; 340x360x35 + 105; 340x360x40 + 125;
- Volumetric transparent PVC bag with flap, fastens with double-sided tape. Recommended sizes: 365x270x40 + 115; 365x270x50 + 115; 365x270x55 + 115; 380x270x45 + 115; 380x270x50 + 115;
- 380x270x55 + 115; 380x270x60 + 115; 380x270x70 + 115, etc.
- Volumetric packaging format "Winter - Summer", made of spunbond, PVC. Standard size: 450x350x100 mm;
- Transparent PVC bag, mount: Velcro, button. Standard size: 700x300x100 mm;
- Volume transparent bag with inserts and valves 700 * 300 * 100 mm in size. Material: PVC.
Before the first use, the purchased bedding set must be washed. To do this, linen with color prints must be washed in a mode with a temperature of no more than 30 degrees, and then you can wash at higher temperatures ( from 40 to 60 degrees ).
- To make cotton fabrics and linen sets soft it is better to wash them on hands in cold water or soak them, and then rinse them in cold water.
- Before each wash you should turn the linen on the wrong side. So, the freshness of the colors will last longer. Before washing, you need to decompose colored things and white in different heaps, they are washed separately.
- Sets made of natural fabrics are washed separately from synthetic ones, otherwise they will appear on them, they will become stiff and unpleasant to the body.
- Baby kits for newborns are recommended to be washed manually with grated soap or special baby powders.
- The drum of a washing machine is loaded not more than 70% of its volume. So, the linen stretches well, and does not go in a big lump.
- Color sets are wrung out at a temperature of no more than 800 revolutions. Otherwise, they will quickly shed.
- It is recommended to change bedding in the summer once a week, and in the winter once every 2 weeks. So you can extend its life.
- It is not necessary to dry clothes in the machine, it is better to carry out drying in a natural way, turning inside out to avoid burning out of paints. Ironing should be done when the laundry is still slightly damp.