Many owners of sewing machines sometimes have a desire to please loved ones and sew some part of their clothes on their own. For example, underpants sewn at home can be a wonderful and original gift for a man.
What measurements are needed to build a pattern
Coward shorts are a very popular model. Many males choose it because of comfort.
To stitch such a product yourself, you will first need a pattern.
An incorrectly executed drawing of a pattern can lead to the fact that the finished product will be inconvenient. And the threads will eventually begin to break, even if the underpants are loose cut.
At first glance, it might seem that making a pattern is quite simple. However, it is not. Especially a lot of difficulties can arise if it is necessary to stitch a large product.
The pattern is very similar to the very top of men's trousers. Therefore, to make the most accurate drawing, you will need to make the necessary calculations. And if necessary, make changes when trying on. After that, the finished pattern can be used in the future. For example, for tailoring summer shorts.
Underwear should be hygienic, practical and comfortable. Therefore, it is recommended to use natural fabrics: satin, cotton, chintz. The width of the canvas used should be 90 and 150 cm.
To make the correct pattern, you need to take measurements. You need to know the following parameters:
- St - half waist.
- Sat - half hips. Measured in their widest part.
- About - hips. You need to measure in the highest part of the thigh.
To get the most accurate result, it is advisable to take measurements several times .
IMPORTANT! If during repeated removal the dimensions do not differ from the original result, then the measurements were taken correctly.
After the measurements are taken, a few centimeters must be added to the result. It is necessary to add 2 cm to the waist circumference, 6 cm to the size of the hips.
How to make a pattern of family men's underpants with a gusset
When all the measurements have been taken, you can begin to make patterns. To do this, you need graph paper, a ruler and a pencil . All points are indicated by the corresponding letters.
Phased production of patterns
- First you need to draw a vertical line. Let the vertex be denoted by the letter A.
From the top A you need to draw the height of the seat. Let the second point be B. The total length of the product will be calculated by the formula: AB2 = AB + 7, where 7 is the increase.
IMPORTANT! The resulting value will be the same for the front and back of the product.
- From the received points A, B, and B2 it is necessary to postpone Sat. 1 cm should be added to this value. New points need to be given a letter designation: A1, B1 and B3.
- From point B1 draw a line to the right. The length of the line should be equal to 1/6 of the size of the circumference of the hips.
- At the next stage, you need to find the peak C. To find it, you should divide the size of the half-circumference of the hips divided by 6. Then take another 1.8 cm.
- The line should be connected. From points C and C, you need to postpone 1 cm.
- To the vertex A1, add 1 cm. The resulting point must be connected to the vertex A.
- Half the waist half measure with an increase of 3 cm should be set aside from the received line. The resulting vertex must be given a letter designation, let it be T.
- A smooth concave line needs to connect the vertices A1, B1 and C. This will be the front seam line;
For convenience, you can use ready-made patterns, which can easily be found on the Internet.
When making patterns yourself, do not forget that all measurements must be taken correctly, and the drawing should be done carefully.