Men, unlike women, when choosing underwear are primarily oriented towards comfort. The beautiful half of humanity can purchase a kit that, albeit uncomfortable, but insanely beautiful and spectacular. That is why it is quite difficult to meet a girl who would wear spacious and wide underpants, but for guys, “family men” are considered one of the most successful lingerie options.
Cowards in the form of wide shorts are called "family" because they do not compress the genitals of a man. Narrower models provoke blood stasis, which, in turn, contribute to the development of infertility and problems with potency.
Features of sewing men's family underpants
Reference! “Family shorts” is a common type of underwear for men. Most of the style is common in the CIS countries and Russia. Differing in a free and simple cut, they do not have the codpiece like boxers or swimming trunks. It is best to wear this type of underwear under loose and wide trousers, use it for sleeping and relaxing at home. If you put on family briefs under tight jeans or shorts, they will be uncomfortable to roll up and form folds.
Hand-sewn linen will be a good gift for a guy, husband or son. Made by individual measurements, taking into account special wishes, it will certainly fit the size and appeal to the person for whom it is intended.
The first thing to do before starting work is to decide on the fabric. As already mentioned underwear should be made of natural materials, so you need to consider the remains of chintz, satin or lightweight calico. These fabrics are very soft, lightweight and at the same time durable and do not fade with frequent washing.
After the fabric is selected, you must make sure that you have the following tools and materials that are useful for work:
- threads suitable for fabric color;
- sewing machine;
- graph paper;
- tape measure;
- linen gum;
- needles, pins;
- pencil and crayon for transferring the drawing to the fabric;
Family briefs can also be sewn by hand without using a sewing machine. To do this, stock up on comfortable needles and durable threads, a thimble.
How to build a pattern of male family underpants
- Half Waist (ST) - 41cm;
- Half-circumference of the hips, which is removed at a prominent point (SB) - 50cm;
- The volume of the hips, which is removed in a high place (About troubles.) - 55cm.
Important! The finished product will be free and comfortable if you use the method of adding a few centimeters to fit when constructing the drawing. At the waist, you need to add from 2 to 5 cm, at the hips - 5-6 cm. In our case, let 6cm on the hips, 2 on the waist.
You need to build a pattern with building on a graph paper a vertical with a vertex in T.A.
The process of creating a drawing is as follows:
- We denote the height of the seat, for which point H is laid down from the plotted point down, obtaining a line of product length. To do this, use the formulas: AN = 0.5 C6 + 1 = 0.5 X 50 + 1 = 26cm - seat height; AN2 = AN + 7 (increase) = 26 + 7 = 33cm - long with an allowance.
Important! Almost always, these values are used to construct both (back and front) halves of the product. However, in order not to get confused, calculations are still better done sequentially.
- The pattern of the front element of family underpants begins with the fact that from the known points A, H, H2, a new measure is put aside equal to the value of the half-circumference of the hips. With the addition of 1 cm, 26 cm is obtained. New points are denoted by letters and numbers - A1, H1, H3.
- From the measurement of H1, 8.5 cm are measured to the right (one sixth of the value of the half-circumference of the hips, excluding tenths).
- Then you need to calculate a new point B1 for which the value of the half-circumference of the hips is divided by 6 and subtracted 1.8 cm. As a result, it turns out that point B1 is 6.5 cm. The segment is connected by a line, not forgetting to postpone 1 cm from B1 and B (it is necessary to check with the picture).
- From the designation A1, 1cm is laid down in the up direction and the resulting point is connected to the already known point A (as indicated in the diagram).
- On the resulting line, half the ST measurements are laid down taking into account 3 cm for the increase and put the point T. The segment of the AT is 23.5 cm (41/2 + 3).
- The seam line is drawn with a curved line, which should divide the angle A1H1B into two equal parts. The line length is 4.5 cm.
- After this, you need to check with the resulting pattern. The segments should be 31cm.
- From H, you need to postpone the two-centimeter segment to the left and put the point H2.
- From H5 to the left, continue the line to one fourth of the half-circumference of the hips, removing 1cm. As a result, the segment H5B2 = 11.5 cm should be obtained.
- From the H5 point, lay the vertical 3cm down and designate the H6 point, from which the thigh circumference is laid to the left horizontally to the left without one and a half centimeters. The result is a segment of N6B3, equal to 12cm.
- Next, you need to draw a line through points B3 and B2, drawing it up behind B2 by 1 cm.
Important! From the designation B3, you also need to postpone the same straight segment, however, you can determine its length only by measuring the area of the same front half.
- Adjustment of the waist and the definition of the back seam are as follows: From A1, half the known semicircle of the waist is laid horizontally to the left, taking into account five centimeters of increase, and set T1. The segment A1T1 is 25.5 cm. From T1, vertically upward, lay 2 cm and set the point T2. Points A1 and T2 are connected by a line.
After the drawing is ready, it is necessary to proceed to the cutting of the fabric. To make this more convenient, schematic representations of the halves of the front and rear are transferred to a sheet of cellophane or cardboard. They will be convenient to use while unfolding the material.
Advice! To verify the accuracy of the resulting patterns, you can first sew a test piece. After that, the pattern can be safely transferred to cardboard and used when cutting.
Parts of the front and rear can be cut out entirely, without a side seam. This will significantly speed up the process and reduce the amount of skin irritating elements.
In the process of unfolding parts of patterns on the material, it is necessary to take into account the direction of the shared thread. It is also worth paying attention to the fold line. If the material is slightly wider than 85cm, you need to fold it in length. Thus, for sewing linen on a man taller than 175 cm, you need a little more than 1 m of fabric.
Important! For your own creation of a more voluminous model for a dimensional man in the drawing, you need to make an addition for the back. When laying out, you will need to add one wedge.
How to sew family briefs for men: step by step instructions
The step-by-step process of how to sew a product looks like this:
- After the stitching seams are sewn, you get two halves of family pants, which must be turned out and laid facing each other.
- The front and rear middle seams are sewn in one line, after which the product is turned out.
- The hem is hemmed according to the recommended hem, ironed, hemmed again and sewed on a typewriter near the edge of the fold.
- The upper section is hemmed taking into account the need to insert the gum, not forgetting to make a hole for its insertion.
- The final step is to insert the gum. You can stretch it with a pin. The ends are stapled manually.
Ready-made patterns can be saved for sewing new family pants. If you take into account the recommendations of urologists and andrologists, then one man should have from 7 to 10 pairs in free use. In the hot season (summer and spring) linen should be changed 2-3 times a day. In winter, underwear can be changed once a day, but wear models made of denser and warmer, heat-holding fabrics.