In a distinctive and luxurious oriental style, many different fashion trends are intertwined. The Moroccan style occupies a separate place in the world of oriental fashion, due primarily to the specific geographical position of the African state. The neighborhood with Europe has formed the prerequisites for the emergence of a bright and colorful current of modern fashion.
Exotic Moroccan Clothing
A characteristic feature of such models is colorful dyeing, the use of small fasteners, numerous jewelry with beads, stones and silk embroidery. National holiday dresses are made of brocade, silk and velvet . For models for everyday use natural materials.
National costumes of Morocco.
Reference! The choice of attire directly depends on the level of religiosity of a person. On the streets of Morocco there are people both in national clothes and in modern European costumes.
Traditions of East and Africa
The formation of the principles of Moroccan fashion was significantly influenced by Roman and Greek cultures.
The characteristic features of this style are the following:
- Tissues. Since Morocco is characterized by a very sultry climate, local fashionistas try to choose light, cool, flowing fabrics for everyday dresses. Most often, they prefer to wear clothes made of cotton, linen or cambric. For the most elegant clothes in a similar style, satin, velvet, brocade, organza and heavy silk are used.
National clothes of Morocco.
- Color schemes . In such outfits, a variety of shades and colorful combinations of natural and colorful colors are highly approved. The most popular among Moroccan women are colors that evoke associations with the sultry desert and the hot sun. These include warm shades of red, terracotta, natural sand and rich brown. Dazzling white, saturated burgundy, green, amethyst, sapphire blue and purple are very popular.
- Prints . For clothes in a similar style, geometric motifs, floral patterns, animal prints, arabesques and paisley are characteristic. The characteristic features of traditional Moroccan patterns are the complexity of weaving and ornate.
- Cut . Models in this style are distinguished by a smooth silhouette and laconic simplicity of lines . Each element of this outfit helps to emphasize modesty, femininity and attractiveness.
Types of Moroccan clothes
The dress is characteristic Moroccan clothing. The basis for such an outfit was the daily attire of Indian monks - a long dress of simple cut, sewn from rough fabric.
This type of clothing is an elongated tunic with a tight stand-up collar . In most cases, it is sewn from fabric of light colors (white, cream, beige and light gray). If a gandura is worn with pants, such a set will be called a jabador.
A kind of long tunic made of thick cotton or silk, related to traditional clothes of this type. More recently, Moroccan caftan has gained popularity in other countries and has become an object of creativity of many Moroccan designers.
The most elegant models of caftans are made of silk and organza, generously decorated with beads.
Another detail of a traditional Moroccan outfit. This national women's attire resembles a long frock coat with magnificent sleeves and a pointed hood, fastened with small buttons and covering the whole body. On holidays, a caftan is worn over this clothing.
Reference! Jellaba is the most popular clothing in Morocco.
A traditional Moroccan costume that consists of a velvet jacket and trousers .
Kasfa al kabira
An outfit common in the area of Tangier and Tetuan. The constituent parts of such a suit are:
- ktef (breastplate);
- gonbange (bodice);
- sayats (petticoats);
- jeltita (velvet skirt embroidered with gold);
- hzam (belt);
- sabnia (shawl).
Comfortable soft shoes with sharp curved toes . Such shoes are made of soft leather, mainly white or beige. Grandmothers decorate with elegant embroidery with gold and silver threads .
There are many varieties of this shoe, varying according to regional affiliation.
Moroccan style clothes
Modern designers often use elements of traditional oriental costumes in their collections. Moroccan-style clothing was a constant source of inspiration for Yves Saint Laurent. Similar motifs prevail in the spring-summer collections of this famous French designer.
The characteristic features of the designer collection are the use of natural fabrics and intricate ornaments, the complex cut of skirts, long dresses of simple cut and blouses, which have much in common with caftans in appearance.
Models in a similar style can be found in the collections of Louis Vuitton. These outfits are much more spectacular and luxurious than the clothes of the stars at the Cannes Film Festival.
To give these outfits a modern look, fashion designers combine a variety of textures, decorate models with inserts of lace and translucent fabrics.
Such outfits attract fashionistas of any age. Flying colorful dresses and air tunics made of chiffon are indispensable for relaxing at sea.
Headwear in Morocco, due to the climate, is not only a beautiful accessory, but also an indispensable element of any outfit.
Berber headdress from Morocco.
Moroccans usually tie their heads with a motley silk scarf, originally decorating it in the form of a turban.
Jewelry in a similar style is also distinguished by its original design. The highlight is bracelets on the wrists and ankles. Massive and catchy accessories are now in fashion, in which various materials are combined: wood, metal, turquoise . Moroccan amber is also very popular.
Morocco is a combination of wild Africa, elegant Europe and the sophisticated East. Traditional Moroccan women’s clothing makes the fair graceful, feminine and sophisticated.