Favorite shoes of millions of people are sneakers and sneakers, which are not only very comfortable, but beautiful and functional. Since childhood, parents teach us how to lace up shoes correctly, so the usual way is taken for granted by us.
However, a variety of lacing methods can complement interesting sports shoes, which look both modest and original, but hold your foot tight in a sneaker.
Traditional ways of beautiful lacing with patterns
Lacing options vary depending on how many rows of holes there are on the shoe. Some methods can be applied on a different number of holes, and some only on a certain number.
Lace up sneakers with 4 holes
Such a number of lacing holes is usually inherent in light summer boots and sneakers, lacing in 4 rows of holes performs a decorative function rather than holding your foot tight, for example, as is necessary for sports . Nevertheless, many cool ways have been invented to make your shoes change.
This method is traditional and familiar to many from childhood. But with a small number of holes, it looks very neat and fits different styles of shoes. To execute it you need:
insert the lace into the first holes from the wrong side out. Many begin the opposite - from the outside to the inside, this is not fundamentally important, just crosses will go in a different sequence;
- cross the loose ends and pass from the inside out;
- repeat the action two more times to get to the fourth pair of rings. Tie a knot or bow.
She looks very minimalistic and this attracts the attention of both fashionable youth and business men and women. Externally, this lacing beautifully lengthens the leg . It is done quite simply:
into the lower rings we let the lace move from top to bottom so that the horizontal line is outside;
- on the one hand, leave the end shorter and thread it immediately into the very top hole on the same side;
- pass the second end, which is approximately two times longer, through all the holes so that only horizontal lines are visible from the outside.
This lacing is complicated only by the fact that it is difficult to guess the length of the tips, so that in the end they turn out equal. But this can only be trained by experience.
These methods are also suitable for shoes with a large number of holes, only for a simple straight lacing you need an even number of them.
Lace up sneakers with 5 holes
There are several types of lacing.
Next, stretch both ties horizontally into the left rings at the same level. Continue to lace up the boot to the very end. As a result, only horizontal stripes should appear on the outside, and horizontal segments should be visible under them from the inside.
In this version there will be no crosses, the entire lacing will be done by one continuous line, similar to a snake:
Insert the cord from the inside out to the bottom left hole. Pull the end that remains inside up to the tongue and leave it there.
- The second tip will depict a wavy snake. Thread it into the first hole at the same level, and then into the one above it.
- And so bring the weave to the very end and tie a knot using the other end. You can hide the knot inside, then the sneaker will look very stylish.
Lace up sneakers with 6 holes
6-hole shoes are the most frequently sold and purchased. On it, you can perform almost any lacing technique. Let's consider some of them.
Bring them out and repeat the following movements: cling each end to the stitch of the opposite, then again pass through the hole and so on to the very top. In order not to make a mistake with the pattern, look at the presented diagram.
Perfect for short shoelaces, looks minimalistic and extraordinary, does not have many unnecessary weaves. It will not be difficult for you to perform a series of sequential actions:
thread the lace into the bottom holes with the ends inward;
- from the wrong side, lead them to the second pair of holes and let them out. Do not cross anything, you should get a visual gap in the weave;
- Now cross the laces and push them into the next rings;
- then repeat the space and again the cross, at the end, bring the ties inside out. Two crosses should turn out - “butterflies”.
Lace up sneakers with 7 holes
For this shoe option, you can use the lacing methods for any other number of odd holes, for example, for five. But it’s on sports shoes with 7 rings that some types will look interesting, for example, “for riders”.
Take enough long shoelaces. Do not worry, the tips will not stay too big. This method was invented just so that the laces do not interfere, do not untie and hold your foot tight in the sneaker . With such lacing, the foot sits so tightly that it can even be difficult to get it. The technique is as follows:
pass one end of the lace from the inside up in the lower left corner, and pass the other into the upper right hole. You should get a diagonal line inside the shoe;
- now it is necessary to draw each of the ends to the center. This should be done in zigzag stitches to the middle pair of holes;
- after the work done, tie a knot. The peculiarity of this method is that the bow will not be on top, but in the middle of the shoe. A good option for fans to experiment with style.
Original sneaker lacing options
In addition to the very usual types of lacing, there are many original options that will definitely set you apart from the crowd and will not leave your new sneakers unnoticed.
Not too complicated, but spectacular weave. The most convenient option is to recreate it on shoes with 6-8 pairs of holes. For this:
insert the laces from the inside into the first holes;
- carefully cross and pass outside into the fourth pair of holes;
- further work for a start with one end: insert it into the second hole from the inside on the same side, and then pass it into the fifth from the outside on the other side;
- pull the same end into 3 holes on the same side and then 6 on the opposite side;
- follow the same steps in a similar way to the other end.
For this cool way, you will need two pairs of laces of different colors . This lacing looks interesting on plain sneakers, skate shoes and just for lovers of extraordinary things and decor elements in the wardrobe.
Stages of execution:
to start with a lace of the first color, perform the usual straight lacing (its technique has already been described above);
- take the second lace and from the bottom draw it to the top through all horizontal lines alternately above and below them;
- after reaching the top, wrap the top line and repeat the movement down;
- repeat the weaving in this way until the place ends in width;
- tie the ends of the laces from the inside so that only a smooth checkerboard surface remains on the outside.
This technique is best done using flat laces to create the effect of a real chessboard.
- stick the lace with the ends to the front side;
- make a cross and tie a simple knot;
- insert the loose ends into the next pair of holes;
- repeat crosses with knots to the very top. Always thread the laces from the bottom up.
The undoubted advantages of this weaving is that it is very strong and does not relax arbitrarily. But if something happens, loosening the weave will also be quite difficult.
- put the lace into the holes and bring it out;
- wrap loose ends over the stitch at the same level, and then thread into the next pair of holes;
- cross the ends, pass under the stitches of the second level and raise even higher;
- Repeat these steps as many times as necessary to fully lace up the boot.
How to lace up Nike?
Nike sneakers are one of the best-selling in the world. Their distinguishing feature is not only a tick as a symbol, but also high-quality wide or dense laces. To lace them up, you can use any of the above traditional or original methods. Follow a few rules:
if the sneakers themselves are quite simple, do not have a large number of accessories, color combinations or a bright print, then you can diversify them with the original woven lacing (for example, men's classic Nike skate shoes);
- Some models themselves are quite self-sufficient, so do not supplement them with too unusual lacing . One of the classic, minimalistic options will suffice (for example, Air Max Nike is often in the brightest and most eye-catching colors).
Lace up without tying
Use silicone shoelaces . Yes, yes, such exist. They are rubber bands about 4 cm long, at the ends of which are small clasps and hooks for fastening.
They come in sets of the same color or multi-colored, and you can arrange them not only horizontally, but also creating interesting drawings. Having fastened these shoelaces once, you can no longer unfasten them, because when put on they stretch. A great alternative to permanently untied fabric shoelaces.