A beautiful doll becomes a wonderful training model for the growing master. This is the best option for the manifestation of creative impulses and experiments with style trends in clothing. It is best to start with items that are easier to manufacture, for example, with a skirt.
How to tie a skirt for a doll
Making a beautiful little thing for his toy, a small designer should immediately decide on the following parameters.
- Model . It can be a straight pencil skirt or a magnificent variation of a sun skirt.
- Product length . This refers to compliance with standards: midi, maxi and mini-options.
- Tool selection . The thing can be done with a hook or knitting needles. They can be made of various materials: metal, bone, wood or plastic.
- Material selection . For doll clothes, the remnants of unused yarn are great.
Tip. For a cloth made with knitting needles, it is better to use a thicker fiber, and for a hook use a thin thread.
The easiest way to tie a straight canvas for a toy is a gum pattern.
This embodiment has an average length and, in addition to the pattern, the 2x2 elastic contains an additional “Simple braid" pattern.
In the upper part there is a small flap with firmware. A crocheted lace is inserted into this hole. It serves as a tie.
Pleated skirt will be a more complicated variation.
To complete it, just use the method below.
How to pleat
Reference! All options can be made both in long form and shortened length.
Knitting a fluffy skirt for a doll
We will also tell you how to knit a fluffy skirt, which is one of the most beautiful things in a doll’s wardrobe. It can be made as a single part or be composed of several elements.
For the first option, use the method described below.
To get a high-quality result, do the work according to the specified procedure.
- Dial the required number of loops and tie several rows of elastic band 1x1.
- Then make increments to expand the fabric and knit a "star" pattern, while performing an angular pattern with crochets.
The pattern of the "stars"
- Repeat the corner pattern three times. Starting the pattern for the second and third time, make increases to expand the canvas.
- Finish knitting in several rows of a star pattern.
Reference. The second option involves the use of several paintings connected together.
For this embodiment, you need to follow the following descriptions.
- Dial the required number of loops on the knitting needles.
- Run 4 p. hosiery for belt formation.
- Switch to larger knitting needles and continue working with the front stitch until the start of the first ruffle.
- Knit out one loop of two to form a lush ruffle.
Attention! The magnitude of the frill will depend on how often you use the application.
- Run the canvas of the required length. Moreover, the last 4 p. knit in a stocking surface.
The rest of the frills are done in the same way.
Reference! Shuttlecocks can be done with openwork patterns. Hosiery can also be replaced with a hook hem.
By supporting your daughters in their desire to create a fashionable wardrobe for their toys, you are helping them develop their creativity.