A knitted skirt will not only decorate a young fashionista, but will also serve as a wonderful addition to the strict wardrobe of a business woman.
It is noteworthy that the workflow of creating this item is not particularly difficult, and even a novice skilled worker can cope with it.
What will be needed for work
Before you start creating this clothing with knitting needles, you need to perform a few preliminary steps.
- Take measurements.
- Decide on a model.
- Purchase the necessary tools and materials.
To build a pattern and calculate the required quantities of yarn, the following parameters are required:
- waist circumference
- length of the product.
After the necessary measurements, you should build a pattern of the future product. There are several basic drawing options that depend on how the pleating effect is obtained.
For the visual version, the basic pattern of the product is used.
Wedge-shaped folds are made according to the following drawing.
For traditional pleating, use this pattern.
Attention! When constructing a pattern, do not forget to perform an increase on both sides for a free fit.
Selection and calculation of yarn
Next, you need to decide on the necessary material. His choice will depend on the following factors.
- Seasonality of things . For the summer, cotton, linen, viscose and silk are used, and for the winter, alpaca, angora, wool and mohair.
- The number of planned folds. The more there will be, the more plastic the canvas should turn out. Therefore, the thickness of the thread used must be appropriate.
- Coloring . It is better to give preference to monophonic colors, since a too variegated version is able to “clog” the structure of knitting.
Reference! If you want to make a thing that can be worn regardless of the weather, use acrylic yarn.
- It is possible to accurately calculate the required amount of material only by linking the sample pattern and making the necessary calculations. You can also buy an approximate amount, focusing on its average consumption.
The choice of knitting needles
Choosing the right tool is a very important step in the workflow. Often this is an individual indicator. This is especially true of the material from which the spokes are made. Today, you can choose knitting needles for the manufacture of which the following material was used:
The number of knitting needles depends on the thickness of the selected yarn . To select, it is enough to fold the thread in two layers and compare with the thickness of the tool.
Knit a pleated skirt
As mentioned above, the creation of pleated skirts for women depends entirely on the chosen method of forming this element. For the visual effect, it is enough to carry out the product according to the usual pattern, forming with the help of a pattern diverging visual folds.
How to tie a women's skirt with pleats
To knit a model with wedge-shaped inserts, it is enough to use pattern No. 2, making changes to it in size.
For this embodiment, the skirt fabric is made in a circle from top to bottom. In this case, the upper part is connected by a pattern according to the "Stars" pattern. Then wedge-shaped inserts are evenly knitted. They are made the wrong side in the canvas, made according to the scheme "Peacock tail".
Peacock Tail Pattern
Knit pleated skirts for girls
The children's model will turn out to be interesting and high-quality if you knit according to the following option, which is made using the base pattern No. 3.
To create folds, the pleated effect of knitting is used, which is described below. In this case, the canvas should expand smoothly, as shown in the pattern.
In conclusion, we present several recommendations for the manufacture and care of knitted products.
- Be sure to make a pattern before knitting and perform a knitting pattern . Attaching the workpiece to the pattern will help to avoid bandaging if an error has crept into the calculations.
- After manufacturing, carry out the WTO product . And dry it by spreading it out on a horizontal even surface.
- If thin yarn is available, then a large thickness can be obtained by folding it several times. Note that with this action, the yarn meter remains unchanged.
Good luck with your work and even loops!