The kitchen and bathroom are considered the “face” of the mistress of the house. Orderly women know that even a small trifle can spoil the appearance of a cleanly cleaned room and very often towels act as such “trifles”.
Towels are one of the most commonly used items and that is why they so quickly lose their original appearance, especially if they are made of white fabric. Learn how to bring back the whiteness of kitchen and bath towels.
Features and recommendations for whitening towels
- stain removers with chlorine, which begin to "work" at 40 degrees;
- oxygen-containing bleaches with which you can wash any type of fabric;
- optical products that only stain the spots in a lighter color.
When choosing the appropriate method for bleaching kitchen or bath textiles, the following should be considered:
- When washing textiles with old stains, it is necessary to soak the fabric for a day in a solution with soda and powder with a whitening effect, after which it must be washed, dried and after that proceed to remove remaining stains and bleach. Before washing, moisten the stains with a mixture of ammonia and glycerin and leave for half an hour.
- While restoring the previous type of waffle kitchen towels, you need to add a little hydrogen peroxide to the bleaching solution. Soak the cloth with vinegar and leave for half an hour in a plastic bag, then wash as usual.
- To bleach the terry, you can use vinegar, which also softens the fabric. Mix powder with hair shampoo and laundry soap. Do not use aggressive bleach and alkali.
Important! The key to the fact that spots will be removed, and the fabric will turn white again, is to use hot water for washing 60 degrees.
The opinion of most housewives agrees that terry is more difficult to wash than ordinary knitted waffle towels. To avoid problems of this kind, it is better not to use terry cloth in the kitchen.
Important! Wet and dirty terry products are a great place to propagate fungus and other harmful microorganisms. Even before placing in the basket for storing dirty laundry, terry products must be thoroughly dried.
For kitchen hygiene, it is best to use natural linen or cotton. Also, cellulite or microfiber cloths are considered to be a good alternative to textiles used to care for work surfaces and dining tables. However, they, like textiles, must be used according to the rules. Dirty and wet, they can become hotbeds of dangerous bacteria, like mahr.
How to whiten white towels at home effectively
- Use of laundry soap. The fabric is soaped before the main wash and left for 30 minutes. A washed and dry linen or terry product is left overnight in a container with potassium permanganate diluted in hot water and small pieces of soap (textiles should be washed as usual in the morning).
- "Kicking the wedge" with vegetable (store) oil. In boiling water (10 l) add oil (20 ml), soda (30 g), powder (50 g), bleach and place dry towels there (do not reach until the water cools, then wash as usual). Sunflower oil should be added only after the powder and bleach dissolve in boiling water. In hot water (5 l) to which the powder is added, bleach (2 l) and oil (3 l) are placed on dirty towels for several hours, after which they are washed in the usual way.
- Mustard as a means for whitening any type of fabric (suitable for colored items). A solution of mustard (10 g) and water is rubbed on the contaminated area and left for 2 hours, after normal washing. In the prepared (strained) mixture of boiling water (2 cups) and mustard (50 g) which was infused for 2 hours, dirty things are placed for 3 hours, which are then washed at 70 degrees.
- The use of soda and salt. Before the main wash, things can be soaked in a solution of salt (3 tablespoons) and cold water. Towels that are slightly yellowed are recommended to soak overnight in a solution of peroxide, water (5l), powder and salt (5k1). Small spots can be lightly wiped with salt and peroxide mixed with water.
- The use of manganese. Possessing bleaching and disinfecting properties, potassium permanganate is dissolved in water (3 crystals per 1 liter of water) into which a contaminated thing is placed overnight. With a mixture of manganese (10 drops of a solution prepared according to the above recipe), laundry soap (1 tablespoon) and hot water, rub the stain and leave it for several hours, after which the thing is washed in the normal mode in a typewriter.
Important! Dissolve crystals of manganese need only in glass containers. She will color plastic and enamel.
The above methods belong to the category of time-tested methods of whitening towels. Thanks to the development of technology, another one has appeared, which is considered one of the fastest and most effective - the method of bleaching in microwave ovens. Rubbed with household soap, wet knitted or terry towels of medium size are placed in a plastic bag, which is placed in the microwave. Power set to maximum, time - 2 minutes. Do not be afraid that, in this way, you can spoil the fabric, the waves do not destroy its structure. The package is not tied.
How to whiten waffle towels
- towels are impregnated with pure peroxide or its aqueous solution and left for 40 minutes;
- after this, the fabric is rinsed in a large amount of cold water and washed with your hands.
Acetic acid is used only on washed waffle towels. The tissue is completely impregnated with an aqueous solution of acid and left for half an hour. After that, the bleached product is washed in a double rinse machine with citric acid.
How to bleach old kitchen towels
- silicate glue - 2 tbsp .;
- water - 5 l;
- chopped laundry soap - 2 tbsp
Cooking time should not exceed 30 minutes. After the procedure, the towels need to be rinsed in cold water and washed in the machine as usual.
Products sewn from natural fabrics (linen and cotton) can be boiled in water with whiteness. In addition to the fact that whiteness can restore purity to tissues, it also disinfects them. For the solution you will need:
- whiteness - 3 tablespoons;
- liquid powder (dishwashing detergent) - 6 tbsp;
- water - 9l.
The ingredients are mixed in an enameled or galvanized container (basin, pan), dipped in a solution of towels and set on a fire to boil. Boiling time - no more than 20 minutes. After things have cooled, you need to rinse thoroughly, changing the water 2-3 times.
Important! Baby towels should not be boiled in chlorine products.
Towel Whitening Guidelines
- Having bought a new towel, you need to carefully study its tag, which indicates the acceptable methods of washing;
- white must be washed separately from color;
- hard water needs to be softened;
- the use of the delicate washing regimen will help protect the delicate structure of terry fabrics from deformation;
- terry can not be dried near heating appliances;
- if a stain appears on a white towel, it must be immediately washed, preventing drying;
- change kitchen towels every 3-4 days.
Proper care of household textiles will help not only to preserve them in their original form for a long time, but also help to protect themselves from many diseases caused by bacteria multiplying in the tissue.