In the article, you will learn how to wear winter boots, what outerwear is suitable for such shoes. Get valuable tips on how to create a stylish look and not make mistakes.
How to wear winter boots
There are various models of ankle boots. They differ in the shape of the sole, material of manufacture and style. Thanks to such a variety, you can create different bows, it remains only to figure out what clothes they are combined with.
Choose knee-length outerwear for short boots:
- shortened coat;
- fur vest;
- short fur coat;
- sheepskin coat.
Tractor-soled booties are a great option for winter. The embossed sole and massive heel have a good grip on slippery surfaces.
To create a sporty style, wedge ankle boots, a low platform or flat sole are suitable. In this case, put on a jacket or down jacket. Shoes on the platform are combined with a leather jacket.
For a classic style, choose heeled ankle boots and even stiletto heels. Outerwear in this case should also match the style.
Ankle boots with fur coats are combined with outerwear with a fur insert on the collar or cuffs. It can also be a fur vest or winter cardigan.
IMPORTANT: Choose the color of the shoe to match the outerwear or contrasting.
Pants or jeans with ankle boots should be:
- tucked in;
- end-to-end with boots;
- close the heel slightly.
The length of skirts and dresses should be short. Wear them with tight tights in the color of shoes.
Ankle boots are combined with tight insulated trousers, leggings and jeggings.
A square heel is combined with a triangular skirt, a thin heel with a straight skirt.
You can wear jeans of any style to the platform, a sheath dress, a pencil skirt.
For high heels, dresses and skirts of a free cut of light material, office-style clothes are suitable.
General style tips with winter booties, what mistakes to avoid
Tips for creating a stylish look without errors:
- Ankle boots should overlap with the top in style and color.
- Combine saturated bright top with neutral boots and vice versa.
- Choose the shade of shoes the same as the outerwear, or contrasting.
- Tall girls can afford a flat sole or a low platform.
- Girls of short stature will look spectacular on heels or wedges with a cutout on the rise.
- The fur insert on the edge of the tibia shortens the legs at a glance. In this case, you should abandon this model or choose fur for the color of shoes and trousers (it should be the same).
- Bulky ankle boots are not worn with a very short skirt.
- Thick heel and thin legs will make your gait worse.
- Violations in the proportions will be if you wear ankle boots with a fluffy maxi skirt, pantsuit, wide trousers or jeans.
- Please note that the thicker the sole and the thicker the heel, the freer the style of the skirt and dress should be.
- Short boots cannot be combined with capri pants, long skirts and dresses, or long outerwear.
- In black patent leather or leather ankle boots, the legs will appear slimmer.
- Representatives of wide calves, lower legs and ankles will not work at all.
- Sportswear is not suitable for such shoes.
Ankle boots can also be a casual option. Material for the winter season, choose from genuine leather (it does not crack in frost) or suede. After all, winter shoes should be not only beautiful, but also warm. The main thing is to choose a model so that the leg is convenient and comfortable. When choosing a model of ankle boots, first think about what you will wear them with, what style of clothing you prefer. These tips and tricks will help you make the right choice and be in trend.