Any sports shoes need modern hygiene procedures. Many models are made in whole or in part from a cloth that cannot be cleaned simply by wiping with a damp cloth. For such shoes, gentle hand washing is required.
However, not every housewife knows how to act if sneakers require washing. There are certain rules that must be observed at all stages of cleaning shoes from dirt. So, how to wash them manually?
- take out all the details (insoles and laces are washed separately);
- shoe soles thoroughly clean dirt;
- it is necessary to remove the adhered gum elements or pebbles stuck in the sole (you can use coarse materials, for example, a nail).
Important! Preparatory manipulations with sneakers should be carried out carefully so as not to damage the surface of the shoe and not spoil the sole of the shoe.
How to wash?
Important! Do not use substances containing chlorine to cleanse stained pairs of shoes, this will lead to a loss of color.
Textiles are remarkably washed with a weak solution of ordinary soap. White sports shoes should be washed with Vanish liquid solution. Leather shoes are cleaned with an aqueous solution using a small amount of soap, and suede shoes and nubuck shoes are cleaned exclusively with cosmetics for this type of material.
At what temperature should I wash?
- white products should be washed in water no more than 40 ° C;
- denim sneakers do not accept high temperatures, otherwise they shed;
- eco-leather and dermatin are washed in water with a temperature of 20-30 ° C;
- textile shoes are cleaned with an aqueous solution of not more than 40 ° C.
When removing complex stains from the surface of the shoe, you should also observe the temperature regime . Difficult stains are not a reason to neglect temperature indicators and the choice of cleaning agent. If the use of chlorine-containing products is required, they are used very carefully, checking first on a small area of the boot.
Soak or not?
Soaking is an obligatory stage of washing. To do this, prepare a solution with soap and lower the sneakers there completely for half an hour.
Choose the washing and spin mode
Important! Some housewives wash sneakers by tucking them into jeans trousers. The highlight is color fastness, if jeans fade, sneakers will be ruined.
Some models of cars have a special mode that includes washing shoes. If there is none, then the temperature is not more than 40 degrees and no spin will be the right choice.
Step-by-step washing instructions
After all the preparatory steps are completed, you can proceed directly to the process of hygienic washing:
should prepare a soap solution with a temperature corresponding to the material of the shoe;
- we soak the sneakers in the solution, if there is no large amount of dirt on the sole, then along with the shoes, laces and insoles are laid;
- subsequently, the laces can be washed with other things in the typewriter or we just lather this part of the shoe and rinse it several times;
- insoles are washed with a bar of laundry soap and cleaned with an old toothbrush ( be sure to rinse the insoles well so that the remnants of the cleaning agent do not cause irritation );
- after soaking, the soap solution is changed to a new one, and the sneakers are cleaned with an ordinary foam sponge (you can use a soft clothes brush);
- shoes are thoroughly rinsed, changing water several times.
The process does not take much time and does not require a lot of effort from the hostess. In addition, this is the only option for cleaning leather and suede shoes from dirt, since machine washing is unacceptable for them.
Shoelaces, insole - what to do with them?
How to make the sole white?
Most modern models of sports shoes are made with a white sole or hem along the outer surface of the shoe. Mistresses occasionally have to bleach it so that the sneakers look presentable. To do this, use several well-known methods:
oxygen-containing bleach (in the container, the product is diluted and a pair of shoes is put in it for a couple of hours, after which it remains only to rinse the sole with a brush under a stream of running water);
- toothpaste with a whitening effect (the paste must be white, it is applied to the sole and left for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water);
- acid (citric acid or vinegar will be an excellent tool for bleaching the edges of the sole, just wipe it with a cotton pad soaked in the composition).
Important! When working with acids and bleaches, care should be taken to ensure that they do not get on the surface of the shoe. They can harm the color of shoes or dissolve the mesh.
Rinse the sneakers in the water until the end, until they stop foaming. If the soap is not completely washed off the surface of the shoe, it forms ugly white stains after drying . If the smell of sweat persists even after washing, it is recommended to wipe the inside of the boot with vinegar and let it air for 4 hours.