The problem of the cleanliness of kitchen towels often confronts every housewife. Machine wash even with the most effective products does not rid the fabric of old stains and odors. Stains on kitchen linen do not look aesthetically pleasing and shorten the period of use. Modern housewives have found a way to solve this problem by using a microwave. How to do this, read on.
When should you use this method?
Few people associate a microwave oven with washing things, we usually heat food in it. But in some cases, only she will help to cope with the problem.
A washing machine is indispensable if dirt is not too noticeable. But when washing the car will spend electricity, a lot of water, and at least an hour. Detergents will have to be selected for different colors. And the main drawback is that it will not be possible to remove strong pollution anyway.
Microwave washing does not have these drawbacks. Although, one is still there. At the same time, many towels cannot be placed in the oven.
How it works"?
Here's how it goes:
- a towel with soapy solution is placed in the microwave;
- microwaves heat the liquid inside the tissue fibers to a boil;
- under the influence of high temperature, the effectiveness of the detergent is greatly enhanced, as a result, even the most old spots on the fabric disappear.
You can use such a washing technology only strictly following the procedure:
to wet a towel in cold water, to rub it with laundry soap;
- put a wet thing in a plastic bag without tying (otherwise it will explode);
- place the bag in the microwave;
- turn on for one and a half minutes, choosing the average power;
- carefully check if the fabric is heated, if it is not hot enough, heating can be repeated;
- take out the towels with tongs;
- rinse the towel with clean water and make sure that there is no smell or pollution.
How to remove stubborn stains with this method?
It is recommended to prepare the most dirty towels before washing in the microwave . To deal with complex stains, use with your detergents:
with traces of beets and tomatoes - citric acid;
- from moldy spots - acetic acid;
- from dried coffee - salt;
- greasy stains - dishwashing detergent.
The procedure for removing strong contaminants is the same as for a simple microwave wash described above. Instead of soap, it is better to treat the fabric with “Anti-Pyatin”, pour in a powder bleaching agent or use a dishwashing liquid. After that, also put the laundry in a bag (no more than 3 towels), place in the oven for one and a half minutes at a capacity of about 450 .
Use the tongs when removing from the microwave to avoid burns.
Microwave whitening towels
If textiles have lost their whiteness during use, you can bleach them in the same way. To do this, you need a special dish for the microwave, deep enough to fit items for whitening . Proceed as follows:
- pour in a container for a microwave to draw hot water in such a quantity that there is little space left to the edge;
- at the rate of 100 grams per 1 liter, dilute the bleaching powder in the collected liquid;
- place towels there, it is desirable that the water does not completely cover the things;
- cover with a plastic cover for the microwave (to prevent spatter);
- set to a power of 700 watts;
- set the time from 10 to 15 minutes.
After bleaching, take out things, rinse in cold water and dry. Rinsing and spinning is allowed in the washing machine. Towels, shirts, knitwear bleached in this way, thanks to microwaves, do not lose their shape, become perfectly clean.
The above methods require safety precautions. Observing them, you will prevent the possibility of damage to household appliances and avoid injuries:
Do not violate the instructions for use of the microwave. Each appliance is potentially dangerous if it has a malfunction. The laundry bag may catch fire if you increase the power above the limit or heat the towels for longer than 90 seconds. If one procedure does not work, repeat several times, but do not change the time and power indicators to avoid ignition.
- After washing, the appliance retains the smell of detergents, therefore it is advisable to use the oven in which you do not heat food. Do not leave the appliance unattended while washing.
- Important! You cannot replace a plastic bag with foil or foil for packing food ! The foil reflects radiation and sparkles. And the film can melt. Paper bags will not work either - there is a risk of fire.
- Do not remove the bag with your hands - this could result in burns.
Washing in the microwave, according to many housewives, is much more effective than in a washing machine. This method can improve the appearance of not only towels, but also other things - T-shirts, shirts, T-shirts.