Among the classic decorative elements of clothing, the bow occupies a special place. He equally well and appropriately looks at ballroom, cocktail, casual and wedding dresses. Moreover, you can contact him at any age. To form an interesting and competent image, you just need to choose the right place to place the decoration. So how do you tie it?
Where can I put a bow on a dress?
The following parts of the outfit traditionally adorn:
waist line (front, side or back);
- neckline (a wide bow will visually increase the chest, a small centered one will attract attention );
- sleeves (often short, lush);
- on a belt (with a clasp mask decoration);
- chest (accessory acts as a brooch);
- on the straps of the dress (in order to hide or decorate them);
- on the neck or on the neck (instead of a tie, bow tie, scarf);
- on the shoulder (decoration imitates the strap or replaces it);
- hem (the item is often present on empire outfits and ball gowns).
A stitched bow is a decorative element that looks good not only on the waist, sleeves or chest. Small neat bows sometimes adorn the entire dress. With this approach, the parts are placed at a distance from each other . The result is a convex volumetric ornament.
A bow can also act as an element complementary to a drawing. It is placed on the neck of embroidered kittens, on the heads of girls and on tree branches. Moreover, a similar motive is found not only in children's sundresses, but also on dresses for adult women. If you belong to the latter and there is a dress with an open back in the wardrobe, try to hide the sides and the clasp of the bra with a very wide bow.
Ways to tie a bow on a dress beautifully
It is also worth considering the properties of the material . The complex structure, in which the “ears” should keep their shape well and not fall, does not line up from satin and similar fabrics. But the matter allows you to beautifully design the falling ends and loops.
The principle of their creation is similar to tying shoelaces. A single knot is made and 2 loops are formed, which then intersect. After one of them is threaded into the “hole” that arose during the crossing.
tie a single knot;
- form a loop;
- wrap the loop with the second end and pass through the knot;
Their creation requires not only more time, but also materials, as well as tools. Scissors will come in handy. English needles will also be useful. It is worth stocking up with a needle and thread.
Important! It is better to keep the shape of a ribbon, the edges of which are trimmed or decorated with a decorative coating.
Take the tape cut off from the skein and fold it in length many times. Get a multi-layer rectangular block. Squeeze it with your fingers in the middle, and then fold it in half, end to end. The place where the finger lay will become a fold. He needs to slant the edges obliquely ( do not cut too deep, otherwise the structure will fall apart ).
Next, you need to bend the workpiece along the fold line and thereby return to the position at which the finger lay in the middle of the rectangular bar. Now the figure in the center of the top and bottom will be recesses. A second tape, narrower, will lie along these recesses. With it, the bow is fixed in the middle, and then on the person’s belt.
At this stage, it turns out the most elementary in form of a bow, but not a flower. To give the final shape, you will need to pull out the loops that formed when the tape was folded repeatedly (see step 1).
Important! If there are too many “petals” or they will lie very tightly, the structure may fall apart. To prevent this from happening, the tape used for fixing must be strong and tightly tied.
Bow-flower can be tied and otherwise. Moreover, this method is much easier . He will need a ribbon, scissors and a needle with thread.
The essence of the technique:
cut the tape into several parts (when determining the number of elements and the size of each part, consider that in the future these cuts will become petals);
- form separate petals from the cut parts (just fold in half and fix the ends with a stitch);
- combine the "petals" and arrange the flower;
- to stitch;
- mask the seam with tape (wrap the bow blank several times in the center);
- use the free edges of the masking tape as ties.
The last step is optional. If desired, the remaining tips can be designed as a false loop.
Throw a piece of fabric around the waist and make 2 equal-sized loops from the ends of 2. Wrap one around the other, half through the knot. Thus, 1 “eye” and half-screwed end will be created. The latter must be fully stretched through the node.
Multilayer composite and stitched
From the resulting multilayer ribbons form a circle (sew the edge). Then the circle is laid and ironed so that it folds into a rectangle. Its middle is wrapped and sewn with threads, resulting in a simple bow.
Then the process is repeated from the very beginning to obtain a second bow, which will be an exact copy of the first. These jewelry are then sewn together in the middle. Then they start work on 3 previously unused tape. From it, according to the previously mentioned principle, a contrast bow is formed (it should be slightly smaller than the design of 2 bow sewn to each other). The resulting decoration is applied over 2 and fixed in this position with a thread and a needle.
The final stage: drapery of the core and the line of seams with the help of the thinnest ribbon.
Stitched bow - how to make?
Option from satin. Necessary materials and tools:
cut size 50x20 cm;
- needle, thread;
- sewing machine;
- carve 3 rectangular parts (dimensions: 15x8, 22x18, 5x8 cm);
- grab the ends of the narrow side and fold in half a 22x18 rectangle (the wrong side should be on top);
- grind the top edge at a distance of 1 cm;
- fold the 15x8 rectangle in a similar way;
- flash so that you get a trapezoid (shown in the figure);
- flatten the free edges of the trapezoid in different directions;
- turn both rectangles to the front side;
- fold the larger rectangle in the middle in half;
- sew on the side (1 cm from the edge);
- cut off the excess tissue that separates the seam from the edge (6-7 mm are cut from 1 cm);
- squeeze the same rectangle with your fingers in the middle (give it the look of a bow);
- fix the obtained form with threads;
- fold a smaller rectangle, sew it on a typewriter and turn it out;
- close the edges with a machine line;
- wrap a smaller rectangle bow blank;
- Sew the resulting core;
- pass your finger between the smaller rectangle and the bow blank;
- instead of the finger, place the trapezoidal part, it will become the hanging ends of the decoration.
How to tie a bow on a dress for a girl?
make a single node;
- form the loop from the end that is below;
- with the little finger of the hand with which we hold the loop, we press the central knot so as not to disperse;
- with the other hand we take the end of the tape, which is on top;
- with this end we circle the loop in the direction from top to bottom, and then we direct it into the loop and bring it up;
- align the edges, core and sides of the resulting decoration.
A double pinned bow is formed differently. Algorithm of actions:
- step back from the edge of the tape 10 cm;
- place the indent ends on the open palm;
- we drive the tape up and circle the middle finger (from top to bottom);
- then circle the nameless one (from top to bottom);
- again circle the middle finger (the loop should lie next to it, and not on top of the previous loop);
- circle the nameless one;
- circle the middle;
- cut the tape, stepping away from the middle finger 20 cm of the tape;
- the end formed after cutting is inserted into the gap between the middle and ring fingers (you need to penetrate from the side of the palm), wrap it and bring it to its previous position;
- remove the bow from our fingers and straighten its loops;
- pin or sew to the outfit.
Bow on a wedding dress: examples
The method with wrapping around the waist:
circle the dress in front and put the ends back;
- cross the ends and send them forward;
- take it to one side;
- cross the ends, but not close to the waist, and a little backward;
- tie a single knot;
- form a loop from the upper end;
- circle the second loop around this loop, thread it and bring it out;
- straighten the loops and the core.
This method requires a wide ribbon. When choosing a color for it, start from the fact that a lighter spot fills . Therefore, for a double-belted bow, you should take fabric darker than the tone of the dress.
Important! The idea for coloring the ribbon-belt can be emphasized from the bride’s bouquet, the interior color scheme, the groom’s tie or the bridesmaid’s outfit.