We’ll tell you how to sew them with your own hands.
Materials and tools for sewing thongs
To sew miniature guipure thongs, you need to stock up on such materials:
- bielastic knitwear - 25cm;
- bielastic mesh - 25cm;
- elastic, eight-millimeter braid - 2m;
- threads, needles;
- paper and pencil for pattern.
Ready-made panties can be used as ready-made patterns for cutting prepared fabric. Those who want to learn the basics of building drawings from scratch need to familiarize themselves with the recommendations below.
What measurements are needed
- Seat height . Measurements are carried out in a sitting position. Measurements begin on the side of the body from the protrusion of the ilium. A centimeter line is drawn along the buttock to the most protruding point and released to the seat or horizontal of the chair.
- Waist circumference . Measured at the narrowest point at the waist.
Important! If accurate length calculations with a continuous side braid fail, it can be replaced with ties.
G-string pattern based on a basic pant pattern
Taking the basic scheme of linen as a basis, it is necessary to take into account several points.
- The pattern is based on the waist circumference parameters reduced by 10% and length reduced by 5%.
- Elements are resized at the top of the product. To determine the location of these elements, it is necessary to measure upwards on the front of 20 cm from the level of the bottom line of the circuit, and 5 or 6 cm on the back.
- In the case of sewing panties with gusset sewn on the front part, they put 8 cm up . In this embodiment, the lining will be sewn along with it.
- If the gusset is one-piece, when creating the scheme for the front of the thong, you need to put a certain sign in the stitching place.
- Slices are connected by flat seams.
Step-by-step instructions for sewing thongs
Further, the process of sewing thongs with your own hands looks like this.
- The front and back are folded facing each other.
- A gusset is applied to the step seam facing the back and stitched.
- Gusset is turned to the front.
- The tape is sewn with an elastic band down on the front of the product in a zigzag seam.
- The elastic is slightly stretched in the bends of the legs.
- The braid is turned inside out and tuned in the same place.
- One of the side seams is grinded and treated in the same way as in the cutouts for the legs.
- Stitch the remaining seam.
- At the seams, fastenings are made with a frequent zigzag.
The finished product can be decorated with rhinestones, ribbons or other types of decorative finishes .
Girls should remember that this type of underwear is suitable only for closed and long skirts, trousers . You can wear a thong no longer than a few hours a day.