Review of sundresses models for a girl
Sundress is a fairly universal thing. You can wear it for a walk, take it with you on a trip to the sea, or carry it to school on a rainy autumn. It is appropriate in absolutely any situation and is very popular among the fair sex. There are a large number of models of different styles and purposes, here are some of them:
Your girl’s favorite outfit can be a simple and comfortable model on the drawstring.
- A sundress with sleeves-wings will give an image of lightness and is perfect for sunny days.
- Dress-sundress is not ashamed to wear "a feast and peace." If you sew it from cotton, you get a hot summer option. Having picked up a warmer fabric, such a style can be safely worn in the cold season, combining with blouses and turtlenecks.
- A denim sundress looks winning. Practical and stylish, it will become an indispensable thing in your wardrobe.
- For lovers of unusual styles, an asymmetric style with a strap over one shoulder is suitable.
- An empire silhouette model will create freedom of movement and a cute image.
- A sundress on straps made of light fabric will please with ease of execution and a spectacular look.
- For study, models such as a trapeze, dress-sundress and sundress with a flared skirt are suitable.
- A sundress with a full skirt will look romantic and festive.
Styles of children's sundresses
- Empire style silhouette;
- straight cut;
- sundress with a flared skirt;
- sundress with a pleated skirt;
- sundress dress.
Basic rules for tailoring
Observing the following tips for tailoring the product, you can save time on fixing mistakes and get a positive result:
when buying matter, pay attention to the composition, giving preference to natural types of matter or fabric with a low content of synthetic fibers (the skin of the child should breathe);
- Before starting cutting, perform the WTO (the fabric may shrink);
- Before stitching the product on a typewriter, sweep it and check the fit of the dress;
- to gently process the bottom of the product, pre-bend the edge and iron the folds a little;
- so that the wrong side turns out beautiful, iron the seams and process the edges;
- no need to iron an elastic thread or linen gum, it can stretch out;
- give the finished thing a finished look with the help of the WTO.
How to take children's measurements
Correctly taken measurements are half the successful sewing of a product. This is easy to do if your child agrees to stand still for a few minutes. If you can’t persuade the child to such a feat, take the finished product and take measurements from it. How to take basic measurements:
- Let the child stand up evenly and naturally. Starting to measure, make sure that the centimeter is tight in relation to the body, but does not pinch.
- Girth. Exhaust gas is measured by the distance between the armpits (in front). OT can be recognized by the narrowest point of the waist. In order to find out about the most convex points of the buttocks on the sides are taken into account. OS is measured around the base of the neck.
- Length. DTS - measurements are taken from the 7th cervical vertebra to the waist. Accident - from the point of the base of the neck at the shoulder to the waist. DP is measured from the base of the neck to the extreme point of the shoulder. The total length of the product is determined from the 7th vertebra to the desired point.
- Width. ШП - distance from shoulder to shoulder. AL - between the armpits (behind) through the shoulder blades.
Important! Most children do not have a pronounced waist. Therefore, when defining it, tie a (loosely) ribbon or rope around your waist and allow the child to move a little. When the ribbon is in the most comfortable place for the child, you can take a measurement.
Patterns of children's sundresses for beginners
To help beginner needlewoman seamstresses, there are ready-made patterns of different levels of complexity. But if you want to sew a thing that will fit exactly for you, you need to be able to build and adjust the pattern yourself.
For a basic children's sundress on the drawstring, it is enough to simply draw a drawing of the details, following our tips:
- Measure 3 values: chest circumference, hip circumference and total length of the product.
- Take graph paper or lightweight fabric and draw a line equal to the total width of the product (half of the circumference of the hips + 10–12 cm.).
- Then lay down the total length of the product and add another 10 cm for the future drawstring.
- Make a rounded line (a bend in the armpits) along the upper edges of the pattern by 7-10 cm.
- Pattern is ready. It remains to measure the length of the straps (if they are provided), draw and cut out rectangles for them. Then grind the details and process the seams.
If you are looking for a dress pattern for the summer, the easiest to perform will be a sundress on the straps. Follow these steps:
- Calculate the length of the finished product and add 10-12 cm to the allowances and edge grinding. If you want to lower the shuttlecock, then remove from the estimated length as much as is needed for its manufacture.
- Measure the width of the chest, divide the resulting figure by 4, then add 3-4 cm for allowances. This will be the width of your shelf. Measure the height of the chest and draw the details. Be careful in determining the armhole: on the front, it is deep, and on the back it is smaller.
- Make a pattern on graph paper, calculate allowances. If you plan to make a shuttlecock, then do it 1.5 times longer than the bottom of the dress.
Advice! If your sundress has a symmetrical cut, then you can correct the inaccuracies of the pattern at the fitting stage. To do this, put the blended product inside out and correct the fit.
How to sew a simple sundress for a girl with your own hands
Creating an “airy” sundress is easy if you add such a beautiful element as “wings”. To make this model you will need: basic fabric, lace and linen elastic.
Determine the length of the product and draw the front and back parts.
- Pre-add a couple of centimeters on both sides, for the bottom edge and drawstring.
- Fold both shelves facing each other and grind on the sides.
- Sew lace elements to both shelves.
- Work the armhole around the edges. Gently stitch.
- Fold the edge of the neck and insert the elastic. As an option (if lace prevents you from sewing inside), stitch the ribbon from the inside and insert an elastic band under it.
- Handle the bottom.
- Decorate the dress (optional) with lace, brooch or applique.
- Spend the WTO of the finished product.
If you nevertheless opted for a sundress with straps and drew its pattern (as described above), you will succeed: the back and front (1 part each), straps (2 parts), the back and front hem (1 part each) ), shuttlecock (optional). Carefully cut out the parts. Start sewing:
Fold the strap in half (lengthwise) so that the front side is inside and the wrong side is outside. Stitch, repeat the same with the second part. Turn out both shoulder straps, iron.
- Put the back in front of the front inwards and the inside out and grind them on both sides (side seams).
- Locate the straps, keep in mind that the straps are closer behind than the front. Adjust the length and sweep them to the shelves.
- Place a hem on the upper edge of the shelves, sew so that the straps are fixed. Bend the facing to the wrong side, smooth and stitch.
- Connect the ends at the shuttlecock, sew them. Handle the bottom. Pick up the top edge, you can first do this with the help of tailor pins to lay out the material beautifully. Sew the shuttlecock to the bottom of the sundress.
- If you do not plan to sew a shuttlecock, then process the lower edge of the sundress with a seam in the hem.
Important! Unprocessed items during washing leave some of the threads in the washing machine, so treat the inner seams with an overlock or a zigzag seam. So you will avoid problems with household appliances and give your dress a beautiful look.
How to sew a school sundress for a girl
- The length of the product should be average: not higher than the palm from the knees and not lower than 10 cm from them. The main thing for the child is to feel comfortable - in a dress that is too long or short, he will not be able to play freely during the break.
- Clothing should consist of natural fibers, allow air to pass through to the skin and absorb moisture.
- Before deciding on the color, check the requirements at your school. The main shades: calm dark blue, brown, gray, jade and burgundy.
How to choose the right fabric for school sundress
The first thing you need to pay attention to when sewing a school uniform is the choice of fabric. Your child will spend 5-7 hours at school throughout the school year and it is imperative that the skin breathes. When choosing a fabric, use our tips:
carefully study the composition, it should be as natural as possible (from 50 to 65%), a small synthetic content will greatly facilitate washing and ironing;
- check if the child is irritated or allergic to the purchased material;
- for autumn and spring, fabric suitable for cotton and linen, costume, and satin (for a more festive set);
- for the winter period, it is better to choose a fabric that includes wool, you can opt for a dense costume option;
- carefully select the fabric for the lining, since it constantly contacts the skin of the child, it is better if it is rayon, polyviscose or another fabric with a partially natural composition.
Pattern of a school sundress for the girl
To complete the model of a school dress with a skirt with oncoming folds, you need to simulate a pattern:
- You need a basic pattern. You can start to make it yourself according to our pattern. On the pattern, lay down 7-8 cm from the chest line. So you determine the top of the cutting part of the sundress.
- Now it is necessary to increase the armhole, since it is not very deep on the pattern, and we intend to wear blouses under the sundress. From the end point of the armhole, draw down 2 cm. We shorten the shoulder line by 1.5-2 cm along the external contour on both sides. Now seamlessly draw a new armhole.
- Make the neckline lower. We put down about 1 cm down, on the shelf itself - 3 cm. At the back we carry out the same action with the shoulder line as in the previous paragraph. Now our pattern is similar to a sundress: the straps are already, and the armhole has increased.
- We are preparing the neckline by new standards, it is assumed to be about 5 cm at the shoulders and up to 10 cm at the center of the back and shelf.
- We are building a skirt drawing. Transfer the contours to the paper. We determine the depth of the fold - let it be 3 cm. We find the center at the front part and put a point. Set aside 6 cm from it, then add 6 cm on each side of the pattern.
- Measure the length along the top and draw a rectangle (this is the future detachable skirt). After you lay the folds on the fabric, it will take on a flared shape. According to the sample, we draw the back, based on the base piece, and lay the folds. Pattern is ready.
Cut the fabric correctly
Getting to the product, you must:
to carry out the WTO in order to avoid stretching, shrinkage or color change of the fabric;
- identify lobar and transverse threads;
- check that all parts are drawn with allowances; if not, draw on fabric;
- lay out the details of the skirt and top along the lobar, prick with needles to fix:
- carefully cut out the details: the panel of the skirt (2), the shelf (1), the back (2), and the hem (2).
Advice! Stretch the fabric to determine the direction of the shared thread. In the direction of the lobar, the stretching will be weak, and in the direction of the transverse, the fabric will be more elastic.
- Initially, it is necessary to complete the skirt: lay the folds in the middle on both parts. Iron them.
- Grind the front part (shelf and 1 part of the skirt), then the back and 2 parts of the skirt.
- Fold the blanks inward and wipe the side seams.
- We proceed to the fitting.
Making a general fitting
If you performed correctly all the previous steps of creating a pattern, cutting and swept away the details, you can go to the general fitting:
- put on the product, check the correct fit;
- look whether the shelf and back are correctly connected;
- if you see defects in tailoring, correct them with the help of tailor pins, sweep the product again and do another fitting;
- on a properly stitched product there should be no creases, bubbles and distortions.
The final stage in our work is sewing. We sew the sewn-up details according to the same pattern as they were grinding. Now we start to grind, connect it along the neck with the top of the product, stitch it at 0, 1 cm for a better look. We connect the facing on the sides and stitch it, we process the bottom of the facing with an overlock or zigzag seam. The bottom of the product is carefully hemmed. We process all the edges from the inside, cut off excess knots and threads.