It is not always convenient to take an umbrella with you, since not every model has a miniature size. But you can put the raincoat in your purse and forget about it until the heavenly drops remind you.
Ideally, there should be a lot of raincoats. Each member of the family needs several pieces to put into bags and backpacks. And in the country, he will help out more than once.
Of course, you can go to the store and make a wholesale purchase there. But we offer another option - to sew raincoats with your own hands. And to approach the matter creatively and take not plastic base but plastic bags, but not base. So it will be possible to create unusual, original and at the same time practical raincoats.
IMPORTANT! Creating raincoats from packages is not only profitable, but also very useful from an environmental point of view.
We will tell you how to use different packages for such an unusual disposal: dairy and garbage.
The technique of creating a polyethylene fabric
Let's start with the preparation of the material. You can connect the packages into a whole canvas in different ways: stitch them or
Staple Milk Bags
- Packages are carefully cut into rectangles of the same size.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove excess product, dry .
- From the wrong side we process it on a sewing machine. In order to firmly fix the flaps of material, it is recommended to use a zigzag stitch.
- When the fabric is ready, you can start cutting and sewing.
Help: in this way you can sew a wide range of products.
Making fabric with an iron
The heat treatment proposed by designer Galina Larina helps create an elastic and durable fabric that is useful when sewing raincoats . Any unnecessary packages can be used here.
Tip : ensure that the surface of the bag is undamaged.
- We carefully straighten polyethylene products , cut the lower seam, handles .
- Lay out on parchment paper. In order for the sewing material to be durable and resistant to damage, it is necessary to lay out several layers . The best option would be at least 6-8 layers of packages.
- Cover the top with a sheet of parchment paper . Within a few minutes, the layer is treated with an iron.
- At the end, a whole sheet of fabric material is obtained, which is suitable for sewing.
Help : before proceeding with the iron processing, it is necessary to select the optimum temperature.
To do this, iron a small flap, carefully monitor the result.
We sew a raincoat
When our canvas is ready, we proceed to the manufacture of a raincoat.
When preparing the patterns, it should be noted that the finished product should have a free size, as it is worn over the main clothing . You can take a shirt or a nightgown as the basis. When forming patterns, it is necessary to add a few centimeters so that the wrap is free.
The one-piece raincoat resembles an apron, as it is worn over the head. To do this, measure the circumference of the neck, the width of the shoulders, fix the length. On the material we mark out the whole product, we outline the cutout for the head. Waist circumference parameters are necessary in order to make shoelaces. Pattern for them is prepared from the same material.
To create a hood, you need half the volume of the head and its height.
Important! When constructing a pattern, add 1-2 centimeters for allowances, and also leave a few centimeters for a free fit.
Completing of the work
After preparing the pattern, you can start sewing.
- We carefully cut out the patterns in accordance with the contours.
- We sew the details from the wrong side.
- Side seams are recommended to be processed in a zigzag line.
- The allowances are carefully bent, we begin to work on the sewing machine.
- The neck area is stitched in the same way. For greater attractiveness in the throat, you can sew a slanting trim in a bright shade.
The presence of additional fasteners depends on personal preference. We process the shelves with a regular line. We outline the location of the buttons on both sides. When using the buttons, the front half is recommended to be slightly wider compared to the back.
The hood will help protect your head from raindrops. In order to provide additional protection to the neck, it is recommended to stitch the hood with a cape.
There are more and more packages in every house. We can easily get rid of those that have become unnecessary. They will come in handy when creating original and necessary wardrobe items.
The process of sewing a raincoat from bags will pass quickly, and the product will be distinguished by originality, high quality and will be able to reliably protect you even in heavy rain!