Features of Pleated Skirt
What colors are suitable for such a skirt
REFERENCE! Separately, it is necessary to highlight a leather pleated skirt of various colors. She is a win-win option and is in harmony with any style of clothing.
We make a pattern for a pleated skirt
There is an opportunity to purchase ready-made pleating in fabric stores. If you take a pleated pleat, you will need a standard piece of fabric with a width of 150 cm and a length equal to the length of the skirt plus a couple of centimeters for processing the top and bottom.
It is better to make it a pleated do it yourself. The material will hold its shape well. First you need to decide on the splendor of the skirt and the width of the folds. Folds can be wide or small. Next, calculate the size of the fabric. To do this, it is necessary to increase the girth of the hips three times. For example, if the girth is 85 cm, then the width will be 2.6 m. With the usual width of the fabric 1.5 m, you need to buy a section, which should be two lengths of the skirt plus about 15 cm for seam processing and belt cutting.
For the manufacture of accordion pleats and tailoring of the product, it is necessary to prepare the following materials and devices:
several sheets of thick paper;
- elastic band for grinding the belt;
- thread and needle;
- piece of chalk;
- cleaving pins;
- rulers and pencils;
- soap, water and vinegar.
How to sew a long pleated skirt with your own hands: a step-by-step guide
There is a very interesting and ancient technique for making folds. Let's consider it in more detail:
First you need to fold the sheets of whatman paper together and outline folds along it in length.
- Next, we apply a long ruler to the marks obtained and draw using scissors on paper. A noticeable trace of scissors should remain on the surface.
- We put the sheets in an accordion and put one into the other. The resulting design is ironed through gauze. As a result, you should get two blanks with which you can make a pleated.
- We place the material between the workpieces and fix it with pins so that it is firmly fixed.
- Next, iron the gauze soaked with water and wait for the fabric to dry.
- Then carefully remove the paper sheets, and sew the folds with large stitches.
- The fixing solution is made from soap, water and 9% vinegar solution.
- The resulting solution is impregnated with gauze and the product is ironed through it. To achieve a more stable result, such a procedure should be built several times.
IMPORTANT! For sewing such products on sewing machines, it is recommended to purchase a “super stretch” needle. This will allow you to do the necessary processing quickly and efficiently.
One of the most sought after are long pleated skirts on the floor. Follow a certain sequence of actions:
Prepare a pleated fabric measuring 1.5 x 1.5 m and the necessary tools.
- Next, measure the waist circumference. So that the skirt does not lose its shape, it should fit snugly at the waist.
- Then we lay out a piece of material on any flat surface and fold it in half.
- Depending on the desired length of the product, it is necessary to lay allowances at the seams and leave a place under the belt.
- Next, we twist the fabric to the width of the belt and sew along the entire edge.
- Then we do the processing of the bottom of the product. To do this, do double bending and stitch the seam on the machine.
- In the hole for the belt we pass the elastic band and sew it on both sides. So that the rubber band does not turn over during wear, you need to find the middle of the skirt and also sew the elastic in this place.
- We connect the side sections of the skirt, departing from the edge about 1-1.5 cm.
ATTENTION! For a pleated skirt, it is better to choose synthetic fabrics. On them pleating keeps especially well. When using thin chiffon, the edges and side sections are processed only with an overlock.
A pleated skirt has not gone out of fashion for a decade. Despite the apparent complexity of the product, to sew such an outfit with your own hands will not be difficult.