Preparation for work
First of all, you need to correctly select the fabric for the lining.
Choosing the Right Material
Half of successful work depends on the right material. There are several strict criteria by which to select fabric for the lining.
- For classic clothes, synthetic materials are used, as they do not constrain movements. If a lining is needed specifically for a classic product, you should choose synthetics.
- Pay attention to cotton textures . Cotton lets air through and quickly absorbs moisture. Walking in a skirt with a cotton lining will be much more comfortable.
- To the subject of the wardrobe of a light shade, you should choose a material in pastel colors . For this, a beige or peach tone is suitable.
When you purchased the right material, you can begin the process.
Reference : for sewing, it is recommended to buy 2 times more fabric than is spent on a skirt.
Preparing the pattern
The finished product will act as a pattern . For a comfortable work, you should prepare everything you need in advance.
- fabric for sewing;
We place the cardboard on a solid flat surface, on top we put a skirt, turned inside out. Using a pencil, circle the outline. On the sides and on the belt should retreat about a centimeter, which is spent on the seams.
The hem is made a centimeter shorter . This is necessary so that excess tissue does not stick out. After preparation on cardboard, all markings are transferred to the material. Cut with scissors. To make the edges complete, stitch them with a false seam. Pattern is ready.
Tip : with independent sewing for lining, you can use the old pattern of the skirt of a suitable style.
Sew a lining
When the pattern for the lining is ready, you can start sewing.
Now you need such tools and materials:
- threads in tone;
- safety pins;
- sewing machine.
First of all, it is recommended to skip the zigzag seam at the edges of material a. This will help prevent its possible shedding and the occurrence of fringe. The seam is laid on all four sides.
Then we attach the processed flap of fabric to the product using safety pins . Both halves of the lining should completely cover the surface of the product, including side seams. Using scissors, we cut off the excess material at the location of the cuts and lightning.
The sewing process is carried out manually . When working, use the overhead seam. When stitching, gradually remove unnecessary pins. Similarly, the places of cutouts and the location of fasteners are processed.
With a few simple steps, the lining is sewn. The product is ready for further use.
- To avoid the appearance of seams on the front of the product, make the stitches slightly smaller than on the wrong side.
- When processing products from translucent matter, cotton fabrics should be selected. Cotton will not only provide good protection, but also make the skirt opaque .
- At the initial stage, pay attention to the seams of the skirt itself. If they are easily strung, the lining can be sewn inside.
- In order to lay an even zigzag line, the place of the hem can be treated with an iron, observing the features of the fabric.
Skirts of different styles and styles are always available in the wardrobe of every girl. They help create a stylish, feminine, classic or evening ensemble. Each skirt is necessarily equipped with an additional lining. With prolonged use, the material wears out, damage appears. Using a few recommendations, you can independently sew a new lining to the skirt.