Types of fingerless gloves
This type can be divided by functionality:
- Gloves for protecting hands, coarse and thick - gaiters of hockey players, bicycle, construction . The main purpose is to provide the ability to precise manipulations and maximum protection.
- Decorative . Thin, highly elastic, often transparent or with inserts. For example, wedding, shortened cocktail.
- Warm . Knitted or made from thick knitwear. Often with detachable mittens. Or pipes - mitts without jumpers for fingers.
What fabrics are suitable for fingerless gloves?
For sewing any kind of mitts, materials of varying degrees of elasticity are needed. The smaller the thickness of the product, the thinner, more elastic the fabric.
For rough sports mitts suitable:
- genuine leather, suede, nubuck;
- faux leather, suede;
- tight nylon;
- from bielastic mesh;
- elastic guipure and lace;
- knitted fabrics;
- fine perforated suede;
In addition, coarse knitwear is used to make cozy mitts. For this purpose, even sleeves from an old sweater are suitable.
We need to know:
- girth of the palm;
- glove height;
- the length of EVERY finger.
We sew gloves
Openwork lace mittens
- elastic material;
- lace, rhinestones, other decor;
- threads, preferably elastic;
- decorative lace.
First of all, it is necessary to decide what the height of the gloves will be, as well as what part of the palm and brush it will cover.
Important! Materials are only highly elastic, preferably stretchable in two directions - bielastic.
- We measure the girth of the hand at the upper edge of the glove, as well as at the wrist.
- We measure the distance from the wrist to the middle finger, on which we will make a loop.
- We outline the contour of the hand, make adjustments to the full volume of the hand.
- The pattern is a single part with a fold.
- We cut out the lace, we also try on a paper pattern about its location.
- We cut out the blanks.
- If the fabric rolls, then we process the slices.
- Sew or glue lace, rhinestones.
- Sew the side seam.
- Turn the upper edge, stitch.
- We make a loop on the middle finger of the decorative cord.
- Try on.
Advice! You can sew lace on top of the fabric or make cuts and sew it into them. Alternatively, first wash the lace on three sides, and then cut the excess fabric.
- Genuine leather, thickness 0.7-1.0 mm.
- Sewing machine. It is necessary that it is able to flash a double layer of skin. Most models of the Soviet assembly will cope "with a bang."
- Foot for the skin.
- Trihedral needle for the skin.
- Awl. Especially if you sew by hand.
- Hole Marking Tool. If not, arm yourself with a ruler and a needle.
- Tool for attaching buttons.
- Take measurements.
- Determined with the long fingers, as well as the height of the gloves.
- We trace the outline of the hand on the paper, while adding 3 cm along the line of the pads.
- Each finger is made twice as wide as necessary.
- For the thumb, the magnification factor is 2.5.
- The pattern is given for the circumference of the arm 18 cm.
- Fold in half a sheet of paper, circle our drawing.
- Cut out.
Important! Do not forget that the gloves are steam, which means that their drawing and all details must be made in mirror image.
- We measure the distance from the edge of one finger to the edge of another. From large to index, from index to medium. This is necessary for finger inserts.
- We make blanks, number them.
No. 1 - 5 cm.
No. 2 - 4.5 cm.
No. 3 - 4.7 cm.
- We cut out all the details.
- If you are sewing on your hands, we mark the stitch with a tool with a wheel and needles. If you are sewing on a machine, we simply sew the details of the gloves, starting from the thumb.
- The steps for manually stitching are shown in the figure.
- Sew the inserts between the fingers.
Important! When sewing, we make sure that there are no distortions.
- Try on.
- For convenience, we cut a hole on the back of each glove and, if desired and possible, make perforations.
- We break through the buttons for fastening.
- If there is no possibility to put a button, then a special button for jeans is perfect. But in this case, it will be necessary to make a loop.
Try on the final version.
As we can see, various types of gloves with shortened fingers do an excellent job with a variety of tasks: they make the image complete, sophisticated, or vice versa, daring and rebellious. But one thing is certain, there will definitely not be an extra pair of such gloves.