But studies conducted by specialists in the field of immunology and microbiology proved that linen should be changed at least once a week. The main reasons for replacing are:
- dead skin cells and human dandruff.
Dust microorganisms (bacteria, fungi, yeast microorganisms, spores, viruses) and ticks, leading to allergic reactions and a decrease in immunity.
- epithelium scales and pet hair;
- discharge of sebaceous, sweat and genital glands;
- residues of cosmetics.
Non-observance of the rules of personal hygiene and diet, leading to persistent pollution and a lot of crumbs from snacks in bed.
These factors reduce the body's defenses and contribute to the manifestation of allergic reactions, asthma and other diseases.
- How often do you need to change bed linen and towels for adults in summer and winter
- How often do bedding change for newborns
- How often bed linen is changed for children, including in kindergartens
- How often to change bedding for a sick person
- Useful tips and tricks for a comfortable sleep
How often do you need to change bed linen and towels for adults in summer and winter
Increased sweating in hot summer days or an active sex life requires changing clothes at least once every 7 days. At the same time, the duvet cover can be washed once every two to three weeks, because it gets dirty much less.
Nightgowns and pajamas must be changed every two days, and towels must be washed after four uses. Drying is recommended in a ventilated place.
How often do bedding change for newborns
But, given the delicate baby skin and the unstable immunity of the child, it is recommended to replace the baby bed sets as often as possible. This will help protect the baby from the occurrence of dermatitis and allergic reactions, will allow you to gain strength, resist bacteriological attacks of the aggressive external world, grow healthy and active.
How often bed linen is changed for children, including in kindergartens
The smaller the child’s age, the more often it requires a change of sleep sets. According to the "grandmother's" instructions, it is not easy to wash things for babies, but it must be boiled and ironed on both sides. This helps to reduce the risk of persistent diseases that require a long and expensive treatment.
In kindergartens, in accordance with the hygiene standards of kindergartens, bed linen is changed at least once a week. At the same time, its obvious pollution for each group of preschool children should be taken into account. Parents of babies have every right to verify compliance with the standards for changing sleeping sets at any time.
How often to change bedding for a sick person
Regular dressing of pillowcases, sheets and mattress covers will help to avoid relapse of the disease, provide a healthy microclimate in the bed of a sick person and all members of his family. This is especially important when the family has small children who are unable to withstand infectious diseases.
Useful tips and tricks for a comfortable sleep
- Choosing a bed is recommended from natural materials;
- it is most optimal to use sets of pastel shades that tolerate regular washing easier, do not lose the saturation and brightness of the picture even at high temperatures;
- after waking up, it is necessary to hold bedding in the fresh air, which has a detrimental effect on parasitic microorganisms and will allow to keep its freshness for some more time of use;
- high washing temperature ( about 50-60 ° C ) and drying in the washing machine in a well-ventilated room helps to better remove all types of contaminants.
- it is not recommended to wash them with clothes;
- ironing solders the fibers of the fabric, strengthening them, making it aesthetically attractive and compact for storage in the closet, it refills well and is pleasant to the touch;
- high-quality powder and special conditioning agents allow you to give freshness to bed sets and maintain the structure of the fabric;
- the use of bleach for linen helps to prevent the spread of pathogenic bacteria;
- regular airing of the room before bedtime, timely cleaning and replacement of pillows and blankets contribute to the long term use of linen for sleep;
- the mattress cover prevents the collection of contaminants and their penetration into the mattress. It is made of high-quality synthetic materials, it is simply removed and washed, it allows to reduce allergic reactions and prevent asthmatic attacks.
Think about the timely change of bed and enjoy a comfortable stay in the arms of a loved one.