Probably everyone is familiar with a situation in which a person who is going to spend time in the scorching sunshine (whether updating a tan on the beach or hilling potato beds in a garden) leaves a headdress that has been stored in advance lonely on the nightstand in the hallway.
If for adults such a mistake can turn into only a burnt nose and tip of the ears, then for children under 10 years of age, exposure to direct sunlight is fraught with heat stroke, from which there can be serious consequences. To protect yourself and your child from sunstroke, you can use the cap, which is easy to craft from landscape or newsprint.
Quick ways to make a paper cap
So, if you got to the beach and realized that you forgot to take a panama hat or hat, but didn’t forget to grab some old newspapers or crosswords, you have to make a choice in favor of health and be left without leisure. The newspapers stored for reading will become the material from which it will be possible to put down a sun-protection cap for yourself or your child.
Attention! An album sheet (Az format) is suitable for a child’s cap, more material will be left on the head of an adult - a newspaper spread.
You can make a headdress of such a plan very quickly, most importantly, remember the sequence of actions:
- The paper is folded in half so that a rectangle is obtained.
- Further, the corners from the fold line are symmetrically tucked, as a result of which a large and wide strip remains below.
- The edge consisting of different parts of the newspaper headland is lifted from two sides (making inversions outward) and smooth by hand.
Attention! At this stage, they recommend trying on a cap. If it is small, it can be expanded by reducing the rectangular fields.
- The resulting cap is deployed and straightened the lower edges.
- The protruding ends are bent into the headgear.
Another option for saving from the sun will be a slightly modified cap-cap with a visor. They do it like this:
- In order to keep the paper headgear better, the corners of the newspaper are tucked and the bends on both sides are well ironed.
- The strip from the bottom is twisted two times to the center so that a rim is obtained.
- The resulting sharp upper edge is laid under the rim.
- The future cap is turned upside down and rolled up on the sides up to the central fold.
- The lower strip is minimized to the center twice.
- The corners are tucked to the center and hidden under the rim.
- After that, the cap can be deployed without forgetting to tuck the upper corners also under the rim.
A hat made from a newspaper can cover your head from the sun, sand or other small debris that will always stain your hair during repairs or cleaning in the yard. The square shape of the headgear makes it a universal thing, the manufacture of which requires a minimum of time and materials. Step-by-step instruction:
- They take a newspaper spread and bend one of its corners to the opposite side.
- The strip remaining at an angle is bent upwards, after which the paper is straightened to its original position.
- The opposite angle to what has just been bent is wrapped in the same way.
- The paper is straightened again and turned over to the other side.
- The free strip formed on the opposite side is bent and the opposite edge is laid on it, so that an envelope is obtained.
- They unfold the newspaper again and look for traces of fold lines that intersect at its center on a sheet.
- With a forefinger, slightly press on a point in the center and fold the sides of the newspaper in pairs so that an isosceles triangle comes out with a wide paper strip under it.
- The triangle is folded so that its corners can lie one on top of the other.
- If you expand the triangle again, you can see the center of its base.
- The equal angles of the triangle fold toward the center with a small grip.
- The paper structure is turned over to the other side.
- Loose paper is wrapped inward at 1-1.5 cm.
- The left and right sides are bent to the center of the cap, while tucking the lower corners one into the other.
- The top corner of the cap is bent in the center.
- Taking up a layer of paper located at an upper angle, slowly unfold the design, which in the end turns out to be a real square cap.
If the weather conditions have changed dramatically, and the sky is inhaled by gloomy clouds, a paper cap will help not get wet for children and adults. You can do it in the following way:
- A sheet of paper or newspaper is folded in half.
- The upper corners bend towards the center.
- The bottom edge of the top sheet is turned to the triangles so that it fits close to them.
- The remaining edge is left not bent so that he can cover his shoulders and neck in the rain.
How to make a cap with paper
Sometimes it also happens that the need for a paper cap arises when preparing a children's carnival or theme costume for an adult. We are talking about events dedicated to the holidays "Defender of the Fatherland Day" and "Victory Day."
If you can’t find a real soldier’s cap, and there’s no time left for tailoring, a cap made of paper according to the scheme can be an excellent replacement. It is slightly different in its appearance from the model, which should protect from the sun, so before you begin, you need to read the step-by-step instructions.
Before embarking on the process of making paper caps or boudoirs for a children's matinee or working in the yard, it is necessary to adopt a few tips from the masters of decorative and applied art of origami:
- The denser the paper, the harder and longer to work with it. Twists are not made well on thick sheets, and bending points are not clearly visible.
- Too thin sheets can also nullify all work, torn from one wrong move.
Attention! The budenovka made of a landscape rectangular sheet will have a spiky appearance. To create a headdress with a flat top, you must select a square-shaped sheet.
To make Budenovka with your own hands you will need a sheet of white or colored gray paper, PVA glue and a pointed star cut out of paper. Step-by-step instruction:
- A sheet of paper is placed in front of itself on the table so that the narrow side is at the top.
- The upper corners are bent until they connect in the middle.
- The angle formed is slightly bent down.
- The corners and bends smooth and turn the budenovka face-down.
- The corners are again bent to the middle.
- The bottom strip of paper, which remains free, is cut in half and folded twice up to get two sides as in a real revolutionary budenovka.
- A star is glued to the resulting budenovka.
Do-it-yourself soldier paper cap
This option is perfect for boys and older guys who, to participate in thematic school performances, got the role of soldiers. For girls, who in most cases portray nurses, you can also make a paper headdress that resembles a medical cap in its appearance.
The following step-by-step instruction will help in the manufacture of a rounded soldier's hat:
- A newspaper spread is divided into two identical rectangles using scissors or an office knife.
- The resulting rectangles are stacked together.
- The larger side of the paper is folded 1.5-2 cm along the edge from one and the opposite sides. The fold should not exceed the length of the paper clip.
- Then the sheets are not completely removed from one another and connected with paper clips on both sides.
- The paper structure is folded in a circle and insert one sheet into another.
- The last thing to do is to fix everything well with paper clips.
How to make and decorate a cap from a newspaper: step-by-step instructions
It turned out to be quite simple to make a paper cap in paper. You can try to make such an uncomplicated headdress with a small child who has reached the age of three or four. Such exercises improve motor skills and help develop the creative and creative abilities of the baby, are an excellent alternative to computer games and watching TV.
For the first time, it is better to try to craft a cap from paper, which in its appearance resembles a cap of a cheerful chef. After mastering this model, you can safely take on more complex budenovki, caps and hats of a nurse.
Important! In order for the child to better understand what exactly he needs to do, the adult himself must lay down the exact same cap.
It is best to do everything in four hands, step by step following the instructions:
- Album paper is folded in half on both sides, marking the main fold line.
- Then the paper is unwrapped and the corners are bent along the line from one and the other side.
- From the bottom, two rims are bent on both sides, which makes the paper cap very similar to a chef's hat.
You can decorate such a hat with anything. Here are some interesting ideas:
- white paper can be painted with bizarre patterns and ornaments using markers and pencils;
- with the help of PVA glue and colored paper on the cap you can lay out colored applications in the form of flowers, animal figures or letters;
- how on a real headdress on a paper cap there may be buttons and locks that are attached to glue or tape;
- glitter gel pens will help to make a paper cap almost a designer thing that can be kept as a keepsake or presented to grandparents;
- with the help of a brilliant decorative adhesive tape on a cap you can lay out the name of the baby who made it.
Advice! When working with a child, it is important not to forget to tell him why caps are used and when they first appeared. You can learn a short poem and tell it with your child after the cap is ready. An excellent assistant will be a video master class in which the whole process will be clearly demonstrated and intelligibly explained.
Design and decoration options for paper caps
In the additional decoration and decoration accessories need those caps that are made by children in the classroom in kindergarten or labor lessons at school. To do this, you will need any paints, felt-tip pens, pencils, glitter sparkles, buttons or ribbons. You can paint the paper both before and after the headpiece is made of it.
Budenovki, soldiers' and medical caps do not need any additional details, especially if they should become part of a themed costume. They are made of pre-prepared paper in green, gray or white, or they are painted in the desired color for the finished product.