What you need to make a comb
Before you begin, you need to prepare everything you need. In this case, the following materials and tools are useful.
- A wooden die (plank) with the following parameters: length - 12 cm, width - 10 cm and thickness - 0.8 cm.
Attention! From various species it is better to choose a pine, apple or birch.
- Pencil, ruler.
- Jigsaw or nail file.
How to make a comb from wood
After everything you need is cooked, you can start creating.
Consider in detail this process on the simplest option.
Completing of the work
- To begin with, grind the workpiece to perfect smoothness.
- Using a pencil and a ruler, mark future teeth from the bottom edge. The width of one tooth is 0.3 cm, and the distance between them is 0.2 cm.
- Carefully cut the cloves with a jigsaw.
- If desired, the upper part of the product can be made in a curved shape, as well as decorate with thread.
Advice! A beautiful decor can be an ornament made by burning.
- Now carefully grind the workpiece.
- Then the product is covered with stain or varnish.
Comb with handle
You can also create a regular comb with a handle.
- To do this, take a double length, half of which will be needed for the handle. It is sawn at the procurement stage, it can have a simple appearance or is performed in a complex figured form.
Tooth placement options
In the same way, two rows of teeth can be made on both sides.
Or in one row there may be two tooth sizes.
Which option to use to create, everyone chooses for himself.