White sneakers or sneakers are a spectacular but demanding wardrobe item. Well-groomed, scratched or yellowed, they produce the same repulsive impression as new ones are pleasing to the eye. How to care for them to preserve the beauty of white for a long time?
White Sneakers Care
If the surface has simply become clogged or has become stale, textile sneakers are washed by hand. A solution of any detergent, or just soap, is diluted in warm water, dipped in sneakers, and then treated with a soapy toothbrush all wiped places. Rinse thoroughly in several waters.
You should not leave sneakers in the water even for 5 minutes - this can adversely affect the fastening of the top and sole. Wet processing should be carried out as quickly as possible, and then put the shoes dry. For faster drying, the sneakers are stuffed with gauze, and then they are pulled out - it absorbs excess moisture. Shoelaces are washed separately and also with hands.
IMPORTANT. Do not wash rag sneakers in the washing machine. This will negatively affect the condition of the fabric, and the fastening of the top with the sole and the sole itself. The idea of washing the laces in the machine will not be successful either - most likely, after drying, you will find rusty streaks from the ends on the surface of the lace. Shoelaces should also be washed only by hand.
Caring for white sneakers made of genuine or artificial leather does not differ from caring for any leather shoes - timely washing, treatment with transparent wax or greases.
Removing stains from tissue
Stains can be removed from the surface of rag shoes as well as from ordinary fabrics. Oily stains are sprinkled with salt or chalk, ironed through paper - this is not always convenient because of the complex shape of the shoe. Therefore, greasy stains are often dissolved with dishwashing detergents. A good way is to wash it in a hair shampoo with an alkaline reaction.
You can use bleach. It is only about bleaches for clothes, it is not worth using plumbing products. Since any effective bleach for clothes still destroys the fabric, it should be used only in diluted form. Take 5 parts water to 1 part bleach. After wetting the toothbrush in this solution, process the necessary places on the shoe. Thoroughly rinse the remaining bleach in cool water, changing the last several times.
Optical brighteners can be used not in the specified proportion, but according to the instructions given on the package.
TIP. Stubborn stains can be covered with decor. Sports shoes with bright applications (for example, Khokhloma-style flowers) are in fashion today. You can order the service for applique patch in the studio, or do it yourself.
Recipes to remove stains from white fabric sneakers or sneakers:
- Dilute 2 parts of vinegar with 1 part of water, mix, rub into the top of the sneaker, stand for a quarter of an hour. Rinse the shoes thoroughly. Repeat as necessary.
- 1 part of soda and 1 part of dishwashing detergent is evenly rubbed into the surface of the shoe. Hold for 5 minutes, rinse with water.
- 3 parts vinegar + 1 part washing powder + 0.5 parts hydrogen peroxide. Apply the mass to the desired areas with rubbing movements, immediately rinse well with water. The mixture is quite aggressive.
- Whitening soap. Moisten the sneakers, rub the right places with soap, thoroughly brush with a toothbrush so that the soap soaks the fibers of the fabric, rinse with warm water several times.
- Toothpaste. It is great for darkened silver items, and for white sneakers it can be a source of updated whiteness. Put a sausage of paste on a dry toothbrush, rub dry shoes in the right places. Wipe off the rest of the paste thoroughly with a damp sponge.
Skin stain removal
Most stains can be easily removed from the skin; this material has good repellent properties. Stains can be easily removed using ordinary washing or wiping with a damp cloth. Paint stains are removed with a solvent. To maintain a snow-white surface, such home stain removers for the skin are used:
- Potato starch 1 part + milk 1 part. Lubricate the surface of the shoes with the resulting slurry, then rinse thoroughly with water or wipe with a damp cloth.
- Makeup remover. It can be micellar water or milk. Wipe the desired places with a cotton pad dipped in milk.
- Lemon juice. Dampen a cotton cloth or cotton pad with fresh lemon juice and wipe it off. Rinse well with water.
- The black bands remaining on the skin when rubbing against rubber are easily removed using a regular school eraser.
How to paint scratches on white skin
You can paint scratches on the surface of white skin:
- White nail polish. You just need to tone-on-tone to choose a shade, otherwise the stain will be noticeable and untidy.
- Acrylic paint for drawing. A thin brush passes over the scratch. The hue should also be similar.
- There is a special paint for leather shoes, for example, the company Tarrago. It is not cheap, but it is intended for professional skin coloring, the result will be excellent - even a very old couple can be turned into snow-white. Paint is on sale in shoe and specialized stores.
TIP. The easiest way to rid your skin of white leather sneakers from scratches is to go to the shoe shop. Masters dealing with white shoes quite often can usually afford various types of professional paints.
How to care for the sole
The sole of white sneakers is a separate care article. A yellowed, worn out sole will spoil the look of even perfectly white sneakers. To preserve its appearance, use the following recommendations:
- Use a hard brush and tooth powder to clean the soles. Maybe a whitening soap, but you have to make an effort to clean the sole well.
- The yellowed sole is wiped with cotton pads dipped in a nail polish remover, or you can take a strong bleach for clothes with a chlorine content.
- You can bleach the sole with pure lemon juice. Soaking a toothbrush in juice, carefully rub the surface. Then rinse with cool water.
- To clean the sole without much effort and as efficiently as possible, you can soak your sneakers. Pour a small layer of water mixed with bleach (oxygen) onto the bottom of a suitable rectangular container. The height of the water should be such that the solution does not touch the top of the shoe. Put a couple in the liquid at night - in the morning the sole will shine with white.
Care tips, maintaining perfect white
It is worth following a number of recommendations so that the shoes remain as spectacularly snow-white:
- Do not store white sneakers in a place where sunlight is exposed. They will quickly turn yellow.
- It should also not be stored in a place where shoes can become dusty. White color will acquire a difficult to remove grayish tint.
- For storage, place clean (only clean) shoes in a bag of breathable material, and store in a cool and dark place.
- When washing, you can regularly use lightweight optical brightener.
Before using any homemade recipe, you should try it on an inconspicuous piece of white skin or fabric. In the future, with the availability of proven funds, caring for white shoes will not cause any special difficulties.