Clothespin refers to one of the oldest inventions of mankind. It would seem, what surprises can she bring? Unpleasant!
The big story of a little clothespin
Ancient people, perhaps, did not wash, but they dried and cleaned their clothes without fail. To carry out these procedures, it was necessary to fix their clothes so that the wind did not carry them away or they did not fall into the fire. The root "chips" gives an idea of the material of this device. With the help of slivers and animal veins, the skins were attached to the horn.
Wooden sticks for holding clothes began to be used in ancient Egypt. Until now, the tree remains the most environmentally friendly, soft and effective material for clothespins . Only the system of connecting the two halves of the clothespin changed. Since the end of the 20th century, U-shaped and C-shaped springs have become the most popular.
For a long time, clamps for drying clothes were made of different materials: wood, metal, plastic.
Interesting! In Philadelphia (USA), Ust-Kamenogorsk (Kazakhstan) and Belgium, there are even monuments to a simple clothespin.
More than 100 patents for this device are known in history, because it is often, everywhere, and used by everyone. But, despite numerous improvements, there still remains a problem with traces of clothespins on dried laundry.
Why do traces appear
It is known that drying clothes in the open air is useful both for laundry and the atmosphere in a living room . Therefore, the purchase of clothespins is relevant today.
Every housewife buys clothespins without thinking about the benefits of this important household fixture. As a rule, plastic clothes pegs are used in most houses, because this is the most common material. Over time, housewives try to find models of clothespins with a less massive and corrugated mounting surface, because there are traces of clothespins on the clothes.
Important! The main reason for such traces is the drying out of the laundry.
How to remove traces
Gently and efficiently remove traces can be ironed using old-fashioned methods.
- Moisten the print site with water and iron.
- Steam using wet gauze or steamer.
In any case, significant creases on the fabric should be thoroughly moistened and gently ironed.
Important! Before ironing, after wetting the fabric, it is recommended to leave it for a while for deeper hydration.
What to prevent traces from appearing
Life hacks to help avoid traces.
- Experienced housewives in order to combat traces of clothespins are laid at the place of attachment of the sock of the appropriate color or plain white paper.
- An attentive woman knows the attachment points that are not visible when worn : armpits.
- To prevent such traces, professionals recommend removing things from the rope slightly damp .
- Dresses and other elegant types of clothing are offered to dry on the shoulders .
- T-shirts and various sweatshirts are best attached to the rope by the hem .
- Some ladies use folding or electric dryers to avoid tormenting with hanging and clothespins. Others praise rubberized clothespins for delicate things . Still others fasten things with thin pins .
Clothespin is a multifunctional device.
- Means for the treatment and stimulation of biologically active points.
- Means for the development of fine motor skills, for example, finger games for preschoolers.
- Household fastener (on hangers, on household appliances, hair clips, curtains, etc.).
- Application in sports: clip for nose, trousers.
It turns out that such an ancient item is very necessary today!