Malfunctions can be with a bodice or in the abdomen, hips. Correction methods also depend on the location of the problem.
Expand dress with stitches
Any clothes are inconceivable without seams. Depending on the type of material, seam allowances can reach from 0.5 to 2 centimeters. We leave the allowances minimal, unzip all vertical seams - the middle along the back and the shelf, side, embossed.
Advice! To minimize allowances on elastic fabric, grind it with a narrow zigzag stitch or overcast on overlock.
Expanding the bodice
You need to make the bodice out of pieces, but so that the additives do not look patches. Follow the matching of the lobar and transverse threads of the fabric.
If you do not follow the direction, then in this case, the seam most often lies poorly. And this happens because the fabric does not stretch along the shared thread, but stretches along the transverse thread. In addition, the transverse and lobar directions of the threads of matter often differ in color.
In the picture you see the most different versions of bodices, assembled from several parts.
Suppose the bodice of a dress, blouse is short, in this case the most suitable option is a yoke, it can be positioned both on the front of the shelf and on the back of the back.
- A fabric that is as similar as possible to the material of a dress or a contrasting color.
- Edging for processing, if you want to emphasize the line of the yoke.
Such a technique is good for a one-piece shelf without reliefs.
- We circle our thing on paper to get a pattern.
- We note the detail of the future coquette.
- We outline folds, tucks, if necessary.
- Increase the length of the coquette by the amount necessary for the dress.
- We try on the paper version, it can be swept away.
- We cut out the coquette.
- Remove the top of the shelf or back.
- Stitch the yoke.
- We are ironing.
If you decide to lengthen the fitted bodice, then it is not necessary to make a yoke . It is best to treat the bottom of the bodice with a stitched corsage belt, assembled from pieces .
The work is performed similarly to the previous one, but in this case we work with the lower part of the bodice.
When the bodice is cramped, it is most convenient to make inserts in its middle or in its lateral parts (mod. 6.7).
The pattern shows the places of darts and assemblies, the direction of the shared thread and the configuration of the cut of the parts that make up the bodice.
Inserts along the entire length of the dress
If there is no identical fabric, you give contrasting details ! To make the thing look harmonious, we do the inserts not only on the sides, but also grab the sleeves, shoulders or the bottom of the hem.
- We outline where we will make additions.
- Cut out the fabric of the dress.
- The resulting details are laid out on the fabric inserts.
- We kiss, making allowances taking into account how many centimeters we need to expand the thing.
For example, you need 4 cm, 2 cm for one. For each edge of the insert - 1 cm:
- Cut, do not forget the seam allowances.
- Sew in all the inserts.
- We seams the seams.
- Try on.
The correct selection of fabric in this case is half the success:
- Try to choose a fabric of the same thickness, density. Even if it is lace, the approximate thickness is still taken into account.
- Fabrics should require the same care.
- If the top of the dress you really like, but it is very narrow, make a blouse out of it, and put the skirt fabric on the insets.
For the most daring and slender young ladies, lacing on the dress will be the way out.
Advice! Products with lacing look decent only if the holes for the lace are decorated in blocks. If you have a collet tool, then lacing to make will not be a problem. No - contact the studio, this is a simple and quick procedure.
- Tailor scissors and chalk.
- Blocks (rings).
- We outline the cuts, their depth and width.
- We outline the location of the blocks.
- Cut with allowance.
- We process the edges of the cut with a seam in a hem with a closed cut.
- We break through the blocks.
- We put in a lace.
- Try on.
If open areas of the body in the sections do not suit you, then duplicate them with a contrasting insert.
When the dress has become crowded, do not rush to change yourself, it is enough to slightly change the dress!