The image loses its appeal when a darkened gold chain is placed on the neck. She attracts attention with her inaccurate appearance, no longer shines and does not add gloss to the image. On the contrary, it only spoils it.
But not everything is so scary, and you do not need to bring gold to the salon or buy a special cleaning product. With cleaning the gold chain, primitive home remedies can handle it. You can cook them from what almost everyone has in the house, and using it is even easier.
How to clear a chain of gold
Gold itself does not react with the environment and most chemicals. But it is so soft that scratches and dents easily remain on the products. To give rigidity, other metals are added to it. As a result, gold becomes stronger, but for the same reason, over time it darkens and dims. These are wines of impurities that are not so resistant to external factors, improper storage and frequent operation of jewelry.
There are several ways to clean the gold chain:
- buy a special cleaning agent for gold - foam or liquid;
- hand over to the jewelry workshop, there it will be cleaned with ultrasound;
- clean the folk method at home.
With the first 2 everything is very clear - you need to go to a workshop or a store and pay money. But if you do not want to either walk or pay, improvised means come to the rescue. They have been used by our mothers and grandmothers for years. Therefore, there is no doubt in their effectiveness and safety.
IMPORTANT! The peculiarity of the chain is a lot of small links interconnected. Dirt accumulates at the joints, so wiping with a cloth will not help. At the same time, harsh and inaccurate cleaning will cause the chain to scratch or break.
Soda will help with severe contamination if you boil the chain. Pour water into the enameled dishes so that the gold is completely coated. Put the decoration there and put it on the fire. When the water warms up, pour 2 tablespoons of soda there and bring to a boil. When the water boils, drip 1-2 drops of detergent or soap and boil for 2-3 minutes.
After this procedure, all the dirt will lag behind the decoration.
Toothpaste or powder
For a long time, toothpaste has been used not only for brushing teeth. Here it is useful for gold. Put a little paste on the chain and brush with a very soft brush. Then rinse the jewelry well.
If you clean any gold jewelry regularly in this way, it will always shine and delight the eye. Instead of toothpaste, you can dilute the tooth powder with water to the state of slurry, and clean with a soft brush.
IMPORTANT! The paste is suitable without abrasive, and take a brush very soft and with a thin pile. These are often done by the Chinese for brushing their teeth. If you take a hard brush or paste with large abrasive particles, you will doom the gold jewelry to microdamage and scratches.
Soap is suitable liquid or lump, only a piece will have to be grated or scraped with a knife. Dissolve the soap in a small amount of water so that a saturated soapy solution is obtained. Lower the chain there and leave for half an hour. Shake the fluid periodically. After, wash the jewelry and leave to dry on a napkin. When the jewelry dries, wipe it with a soft cloth to remove any soap residue.
TIP! Soap can be replaced with washing powder or dishwashing gel.
Ammonium chloride + peroxide + powder + water
The tool is known, like toothpaste. Mix the ingredients in the following proportions:
- ammonia - 1 teaspoon;
- hydrogen peroxide - 1-2 teaspoons;
- washing powder - 0.5-1 teaspoon;
- warm water - 100-150 milliliters.
Put the decoration in the resulting solution and leave for 30-40 minutes, shaking occasionally. Then take out the gold and rinse it. A chemical reaction will clean jewelry no worse than ultrasound.
The most popular methods are described above, but there are several other options for home cleaning chain of gold:
- mix 50-100 ml of warm water and a teaspoon of boric acid, ammonia and hydrogen peroxide. Add 0.5 teaspoon of liquid soap or dishwashing detergent, mix until all ingredients are completely dissolved. Dip the chain into the solution and wait 25-30 minutes. From time to time, stir the chain with a wooden stick so that the dirt moves away completely. Rinse in clean water and dry with a paper towel or soft cloth;
IMPORTANT! A chain with twisted links is best given to the workshop for ultrasonic cleaning.
- make a slurry of salt and lemon juice, you can take orange. Brush this chain with gruel for 3-4 minutes. Then rinse and dry;
- mix 2 tablespoons of ammonia with 1 teaspoon of soda. Put the chain there and close the container with foil. Leave on for 24 hours. Then wash it, dry and grate with oil;
- cover the bottom of the glass or ceramic container with foil. Separately mix soda, salt and liquid dishwashing detergent. Pour half the mixture onto the foil, lay the chain on top and cover it with the second part of the mixture. Fill everything with hot water and leave to cool completely. Then rinse and dry as usual.