Recently, decorative items made by hand are gaining more and more popularity. This is especially true of textiles: tablecloths, napkins, various wraps and, of course, plaids. Many craftswomen consider the manufacture of this thing a difficult task, requiring a lot of free time.
But there is one option that even a beginner can create. This is a plaid on hand. It fits quickly and without much effort.
The only thing needed for the embodiment is to purchase special yarn. A tool for knitting will serve your pens and fingers. Consider these techniques in more detail.
Using this method, you can not only make a beautiful little thing, but also calm your nerves after a busy day.
Three main techniques can be distinguished. They are based on an imitation of traditional knitting:
- knitting needles (on four or three fingers);
- knitting needles (on the hands).
The first option allows you to get an item of any size, as it is knitted one loop. Both hands are involved in the action. The movements resemble the actions when crocheting, only your finger is used instead of the tool .
The following method allows you to create small strips of various lengths. Subsequently, they can be connected to each other in any little thing, for example, a stylish bedspread for a bed. A product from multi-colored stripes will look especially beautiful and original.
The three-finger method is very similar to the one described above, only the finished part will turn out from three loops.
The latter method helps to create a product with both facial smoothness and various variations of weaves: rice, braids, wicker. In this case, your hands are used as knitting needles.
Reference! The plaid created in this way has a lush volume and looks most attractive. Therefore, care must be taken with special care. Especially this rule applies to washing and drying.
How much thick yarn do you need on a plaid
The calculation of the required amount of material for a particular product will depend on several indicators.
- Density and twist of the thread . The more twisted the thread, the less volume it will have, which means it will need more.
- The complexity of the weaves . Complex braids or braids require more thread. While garter stitch or smooth surface is more economical.
- Product Dimensions. Well here it is clear: the larger the size, the greater the consumption.
It matters what kind of yarn you will knit. At the moment, two types can be distinguished from special options.
- Giant, which is made from merino wool.
- Plush yarn of Turkish production "Alize Puffy". Its thread is a series of loops that are intertwined to obtain the desired shape.
Attention! Knitting material can be obtained independently by combining several skeins of fiber into a single thread. Their number can be determined empirically.
Tie a small sample to calculate the quantity per product. Then multiply the area of the plaid by the length of the thread and divide by the area of the sample. Get the right footage.
You can also use approximate calculations for a similar product.
Description of knitting a plaid
For a better perception of the workflow, we offer to consider in detail the creation of a plaid using an example.
- Loop on your hand
Buttonhole Set 2
Knit the fabric according to the pearl pattern to the desired height.
- Hinges to close.
For Alize Puffy yarn, the creation process is slightly different.
- Count the desired even number of loops from the edge.
- Cross the two extreme counted loops together.
Attention! In one row, you need to cross the threads in one direction.
- Weave them with the following loops on a loose thread.
- Repeat the same steps further until the row is completed.
- In the next row, put off the first chain. Next, do as the first row.
- The last loop is the beginning of the next row. It runs the same way as the previous one.
- Repeat in the same pattern until the canvas of the desired size is connected.
Weaving a large viscous blanket is easy. You can make both an adult and a children's option. You will receive pleasure both at the time of manufacture, and when using a new plaid.