At least once, but everyone faced such an unpleasant situation: he bought a beautiful thing, and after washing it turned into an unpresentable rag. What emotions did you possess? This is annoyance and frustration, to which the sensation of deliberate swindle is mixed. At such a moment, the classic’s words involuntarily come to mind: “Ah, it’s not difficult to deceive me, I’m glad to deceive myself.”
How to buy clothes that will please their owner for a long time? What should you pay close attention so as not to be deceived and not to pay for low quality? The pre-installation, which deserves to become a shopping slogan: “Trust, but verify!” Helps a lot. Let's find out what methods of quality control are available to us even before going to the cash register and are reliable at the same time.
How to evaluate the fabric of the product
The first thing that catches your eye is the fabric.
Checking the quality of the fabric
One of the possible surprises: the clothes are sewn from stale material. It is impossible to determine the age of the tissue “by eye”, but it’s available to slightly pull the seams.
Advice! If visible holes form in the joints, then it is better to refuse the thing.
Of course, a defect can be a manufacturing defect, and holes are a consequence of negligence of seamstresses who used needles of the wrong size for stitching. Controversial issues are easily resolved empirically: it is necessary to compare two identical models.
Pay attention to the smell
The second surprise is a pungent and unpleasant odor. Most likely, “aroma” is evidence of the presence of hazardous chemicals in the paint . Maybe it will disappear, but how will it affect health?
We check for "resistance"
A reliable way to check the durability of the fabric is the following test: pick up a piece of fabric in a fist and crush it. Is the fabric in no hurry to return to its original form? This is a "bell" warning of fragility .
Having done this test, it is advisable to proceed to the following: pull the fabric slightly.
Important! If after stretching marks are visible or the shape is lost - the quality is poor.
Do not forget about the lining
Another important point is the lining. In a quality product, the lining fabric is necessarily smooth, makes it easier to put on clothes, it is not visible from the outside.
Lining color also gives quality. Imagine: a business dinner, unbuttoned plain black classic jacket lined with pink fabric in a small flower. This combination, at least, will cause bewilderment among business partners.
Reference! A good item is usually lined to match the color of the fabric or create a beautiful contrast.
What will the hardware tell?
Paradox: Hardware is often not visible, but its absence is striking! After all, clothes are rarely found without different finishes, buttons, zippers, hooks, buttons.
- Ideally, if a metal zipper is sewn in , covered with a bar on top . A plastic lock is used to reduce the cost of the product, and is unreliable in operation.
- Unscrupulous manufacturers do not monitor the correct stitching of zippers. A common flaw is widespread: one side of the fastener is shorter than the other . As a result, the dress or skirt looks crooked.
- An undoubted sign of consumer care is buttons with loops.
Important! Honest firms sew buttons qualitatively: they do not hang out, and threads do not stick out of them. The hinges are even, tightly swept and cut.
Stitches and stitches matter
Be sure to make sure of the following important points.
- The color of the threads matches the color of the fabric . Contrasting threads perform only decorative stitches.
- The lines are even, made in fairly small stitches . If "gaps" are noticeable when stretching between the stitches, then this is hack!
- If the fabric has a pattern, for example, a cell, then special attention should be paid to it. Some companies, in order to save material, do not care about combining the pattern at the seams . Such a discrepancy not only indicates the low quality of the product, but also “reduces the cost” of it in the eyes of others.
- Seam allowances are another indicator of quality.
Important! If the allowance is very small or completely absent, the skirt or blouse will “crawl” after a couple of washings.
Attention label and tag
Sewing products are marked with a cardboard label and fabric ribbon label. They indicate a great variety of diverse information, you just need to be able to read it.
- From the label they recognize, firstly, the country of origin, size, product features, price.
- Secondly, the composition of the fabric. By the percentage of fibers, you can “predict” how the fabric will behave after washing. Natural cotton is sure to “sit down”, but it never slides and is not covered with spools. Artificial fabrics, such as viscose, cupra and acetate, are also practically not pilling. Mixed fabrics are less susceptible to spool formation, however, with a large amount of synthetics in the fiber composition, spools are inevitable.
Important! The optimum is the presence of 5 to 35 percent synthetic threads in the fabric. An additional plus of such things is that they do not change in size, that is, they do not stretch, do not deform, and are worn for a long time.
- A fabric label is usually sewn into clothing. Its task is to maintain its original appearance for a long time, since it is on it that the company logo is placed. More recently, the label and the label had only utilitarian value. Now effectively designed tags attract attention, "work" with a kind of advertising of goods.
Important! If a company allows itself to invest in label design, it means that it values its reputation. For the buyer, this is almost a guarantee of a successful purchase.
Is packaging important?
“Yes!” - this is how marketers respond. Bright, stylish packaging attracts attention. In addition, she, as a bulletin board, conveys to the potential buyer such important things:
- the manufacturer takes care of the safety of the product during its transportation;
- The item is genuine.
Important! If you still purchased goods that do not meet quality standards, and the store is in no hurry to resolve the conflict, an independent examination of the quality of the goods is called on to help the buyer.
True, it is not free, so it is justified either for the purpose of moral satisfaction, or in the case of expensive purchases.
Once again, recall the slogan of shopping: “Trust, but verify!”. Checking for five basic parameters (fabric, accessories, seams, labels, packaging) takes only a few minutes. Is it a high price to pay to wear nice clothes?