Machine wash requires accuracy. Without paying due attention to the issue, you can spoil both clothes and household appliances. To avoid unnecessary costs, learn to distinguish things that in no case should not be put in the washing machine.
How to determine machine washability
The relevant information is indicated on the item’s label .
A crossed-out image of a typewriter indicates a ban on its use.
If the label has an image of a basin of water, then the product should be washed manually.
The appliance is not capable of delicate washing . The mode of the same name and functions similar to it are not analogous to manual exposure. They differ from others only in the speed and number of revolutions of the drum, as well as in the temperature of the water.
Therefore, all things on the label of which a basin of water is painted must be protected and washed only with your hands.
Important! If the basin of water on the label is crossed out, then this thing cannot be washed even by hand.
You will have to give it to dry cleaning and hope that specialists can fix the problem as delicately as possible, without harming the structure, color or shape.
In some cases, it is necessary to be guided not by the manufacturer's recommendations, but by the type of spot. Do not put clothes stained with oil products in the machine.
What is machine washable
Automatic machine has become familiar to us. Thanks to her, women got the opportunity to wash without wetting their hands. However, not all items can be loaded into the drum.
- Fantasy underwear and bras with iron bones . The first will lose its shape and softness. Threads will break, tears are possible. And in the second, steel bones are deformed or come out. There is also a risk of coloring, as well as damage to the drum with metal elements.
- Taped shoes . Sneakers, sneakers, shoes and boots with glued soles from prolonged contact with water and rough mechanical stress will quickly become worthless.
- Things from suede and nubuck . Materials are extremely sensitive to water. They can not be soaked, washed and generally wet. From this, the pile coarsens, the surface goes in waves. Shrinkage and color loss are possible.
- Clothes with voluminous decor . The rule applies to sewn and glued stones. They can come off, cease to fit snugly. Well, the painted decor will begin to peel off.
- Woolen things . Spools, stretching, deformation of sleeves and gates - these are the most common consequences of washing in a machine knitted sweaters and sweaters. The problem is partially leveled with a rinse aid and gentle modes, but not completely. To maintain the attractive appearance of your favorite warm wardrobe item, it is better to wash it by hand.
- Sneakers, especially in different colors. Most well-known manufacturers give customers the same advice. They insist that their products should not be treated rudely. Machine wash is included in the list of actions, accompanied by strong mechanical stress. Therefore, it is unacceptable. Especially if sports shoes are painted in bright colors or sewn from materials of several colors.
- Some down jackets, ski and hiking suits . Their filler from rough mechanical impact, accompanied by impregnation with water, can stray into lumps. Some fibers are completely torn. This all leads to the fact that the thing ceases to warm normally. It can no longer be worn at the temperature indicated by the manufacturer.
- All with fur trim . Hats, mittens, boots and sweaters with a similar addition will not tolerate even delicate hand washing. It is necessary to ensure that the fur part of the product does not come into contact with water at all.
Home Textiles & Accessories
To prevent damage, do not put items from this list into the drum of the washing machine.
- Heavy curtains . They will draw water, become even heavier, and the machine will break or will not be able to scroll through the laundry.
- Curtains with lining or from several layers of different materials. One part can sit down, and the second will remain the same size. A skew will result, because of which their further use will become impossible.
- Lace curtains .
- Products with a lot of embroidery, both machine and manual.
- Children's developing rugs with a large number of devices and toys (sewn or sewn.
- Very fluffy textiles. During machine washing, softness will disappear, the hairs will coarsen or fall out and settle on the inside of the machine, and then they will settle on other things during subsequent washings.
- Home textiles with large metal décor or fixtures.
- Things with fillers . First of all, with fluff that stray into lumps, dries long and unevenly, it can become moldy.
- Large covers and bedspreads . Water impregnation will become even greater, damage the machine. You should also not resort to a household appliance if the cover is barely fastened. Further shrinkage will render the product useless.
- High wool products.