Sleep mask design
This accessory consists of two parts: the mask itself, as well as the elastic band with which the glasses are attached.
Children's glasses-masks for sleeping.
The mask is formed by two or three layers of fabric: external, internal, and also, if necessary, a dense pad.
Important! We take into account that a pad made of synthetic winterizer or holofiber gives softness to the product, but prevents skin breathing.
- chintz, satin, calico, flannel, silk - 0.2 m;
- synthetic winterizer, or another layer of cotton fabric - a flap;
- elastic band - 20-30 cm;
- tailor's chalk and scissors;
- lace, braid, applique - optional.
Important! The mask is made from natural or mixed fabrics. The best material is considered natural silk, which pleasantly cools the skin, breathes, and also, according to doctors, prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
Experts advise to choose a wider elastic band - 1.5-3 cm, too narrow will confuse the hair.
It will take measurements:
- Head circumference. Please note that the glasses are mounted on an elastic band, so we measure it tightly enough, but not too tight.
- Face width - the distance between the temples.
- The height of the mask at its widest point is near the cheekbones.
- The height of the mask in the center (nose).
You can choose any shape, not necessarily a classic oval.
How to carve:
- Set the horizontal width of the mask.
- Find the middle.
- In the middle, set aside the minimum height measured along the line of the nose.
- In the area of the cheekbones we postpone the greatest height.
- Seamlessly connect.
- If the gum is inside the fabric part, then you need a rectangular blank, slightly larger than the length of the gum - 50-55 cm. The width is at least twice the width of the gum, plus allowances.
Variants of cut.
- We place the pattern on the fabric, knit. We need two parts from the main fabric (from different if the inner and outer sides are different), as well as from synthetic winterizer.
- Leave seam allowances, cut out.
- Cut the part for the elastic.
- We sew it, insert the elastic with the help of a safety pin, make fastenings so that the rubber band “does not run away”.
- If you plan to decorate the outside of the glasses, then do it now.
- We put together the parts so that after you turn them out, the gasket remains inside. It is convenient to sew it to the inside, and then grind the outside.
- We fold the mounts inward, leaving only allowances. We make sure that our detail with an elastic band does not twist.
- Pins off.
- Sew, leaving a small window to turn the product.
- In the least straight sections, for example, the nose, or curly protrusions, we make notches for allowances.
- We turn out.
- We sew a free site.
- We decorate with details that require sewing on ready-made glasses.
- Try on.
Important! The cotton fabric must first be washed or ironed with steam so that it sits down, then cut.
Such glasses, sleep masks, can be made from fabric flaps that any needlewoman probably has, in an hour you can provide the whole family with useful accessories.