The latter is an indispensable part of the country-style wardrobe.
Often an American is called a collective image of a fluffy multi-layer skirt from mini to midi length.
Types of skirts "American"
What are the options for lush "American":
- The classic "American". Several levels of the same height, but of different widths. To each previous one is attached two or three times as many lower ones.
- Simplified model without the use of a needle and thread. The fabric is cut into ribbons and tied around a belt. Due to the number of these bands, a magnificent product is obtained. Suitable for small children.
- A skirt of a large number of ruffles and ruffles.
- A skirt-pack of many layers of matter of equal length (photo).
There is no fully monochromatic American, but they combine no more than two colors or three or four shades of the same color. Let’s take a step-by-step step to sew a full skirt.
- Organza, chiffon or tulle - from five to 15 meters, it depends on the splendor of the skirt, the number of layers, length.
- Organza, satin, thick silk for coquette skirts. It will be better if this part is cut out of a dense, opaque material. - 25-40 cm, depending on the size of the coquette.
- Linen elastic for a belt - a segment equal to the waist circumference.
- Glue pad for sealing the yoke.
- Fatin, organza, mesh for the manufacture of ruffles - 10-15 meters.
- Satin or rep ribbon for decoration.
- Sewing machine.
Advice! When cutting, we take into account that for each next row below the previous one, we will need twice as much tissue.
In addition, two to four lower layers emerge from each upper layer.
How to sew an American skirt with your own hands?
Preparing the pattern
- waist circumference (OT);
- height of the coquette (VK);
- product length (CI).
All constructions of this skirt model are built based on the waist volume . Hip circumference is not taken into account, due to the large volume of tissue.
- The width of the coquette is 2OT.
- We calculate the length of the tiers, for this we remove the height of the yoke from the length necessary for us (we select it at will, as well as the height of the ruffle, as a rule, it is 3.5-5 cm).
- The resulting number is divided by the number of tiers.
Advice! You can leave these tiers the same, you can round the values if they turned out to be fractional, while we have a difference between tiers of 1 cm.
- So, we know the height of our level, it remains to know its length.
- The length of the upper level in most models is 9OT.
- The length of the lower tier is 14-16 OT.
- When attaching the ruffles, we add very much, so their length will be 3.5-4 of the circumference of the lower row.
- It is convenient to make a rectangle blank with a width equal to the level width, and use it to measure the amount of fabric we need.
- On ruffles, usually takes 25-35 meters.
- In a classic skirt, the levels are in two or three layers, they will be stitched in the following order:
We add matter in several layers:
We apply a pattern of thick paper or a plastic folder for papers to the fabric, cover it, move it further.
We also cut a blank of non-woven for the coquette.
The simplest American skirt
One of the most successful is the following cutting and sewing order:
Its convenience is that all tiers are cut in doubles, then doubled over the entire length:
- In this case, the coquette is double (1).
- The second row of two panels (2a and 2b), four-layer.
- The third - of four panels (3a-3g), eight-layer.
- The fourth - ruffles (04a-4z), has 16 layers.
- All sections, except for the ruffle, are treated with a narrow zigzag line, if the material of the ruffle is strewed, then they too. At all sections, it is possible to use a slanting inlay.
- Stitch the coquette.
- Sew the yoke into the ring, leave a little space in order to insert the elastic.
- Stitch all rows into rings.
- Each subsequent fold in half along the long side and stitch to the previous one, picking it up. First we take it by hand, only then, we sew it with a machine line.
- Sew ruffles. We sew them with long stitches on the sewing machine, often fitting them.
- We insert an elastic band.
- We make a bow out of a ribbon.
- Decorate the product.
Advice! If you do not want a skirt with an elastic band, then build a mock-up of the base pattern with a yoke with a zipper. Further work according to the previous scheme.
Other assembly options are possible: